1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 19:07
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Bear in mind though that the asphixiation theory was due to a surgeon called Pierre Barbet. According to his Wikipedia page he did some experiments. Unfortunately the link they give on wikipedia is not accessible to me (the remote server told me I didn't have access) so it's difficult to make any kind of assessment. I think I can safely say that his e ...[text shortened]... ation or not I think it would be natural to struggle against the position one had been put into.
    There is also the idea that JC didn't die on the cross at all but was cut down early after bribing the guards and the 'healing herbs put on his body' as mentioned in the bible, Aloe and such, was used in fact to begin to heal his wounds and three days later instead of ascending into heaven, just left up the silk road where mysterious monasteries appeared and there is a grave in Kashmir that has half moon drawings on the feet of the person in the grave. It could very well be the whole ascension story is just that, a story made up by people who needed to have another miracle.

I think this story makes a LOT more sense than any ascension by JC.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 00:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is also the idea that JC didn't die on the cross at all but was cut down early after bribing the guards and the 'healing herbs put on his body' as mentioned in the bible, Aloe and such, was used in fact to begin to heal his wounds and three days later instead of ascending into heaven, just left up the silk road where mysterious monasteries appeared an ...[text shortened]... to have another miracle.

I think this story makes a LOT more sense than any ascension by JC.
    What did Jesus bribe the guards with? The scriptures said they took everything from him and even gambled for his robe. He was in no position to be bribing anyone.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 01:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What did Jesus bribe the guards with? The scriptures said they took everything from him and even gambled for his robe. He was in no position to be bribing anyone.
    His credit was good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree