1. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 05:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dude you can fit them all on a medium sized coffee table.
    Not true - and you know this because I recall you being corrected on this point in past threads.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 05:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Go through what you posted, and check whether any of the words highlighted are referring directly to the theory of evolution. If they are not, then you don't have a case, and are either being dishonest, or were so desperate to prove evolution wrong, you didn't realise your error.
    Consider this analogy:
    It is a known fact that humans built the pyramids. ...[text shortened]... at they were primarily tombs for Pharaohs.
    Do you now dispute that humans built the pyramids?
    Those human slaves were later known as the children of Israel that Moses
    and God freed from the Eqyptians and brought them out resulting in the
    Passover.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 05:56
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Nothing like Christian compassion for lost souls. 🙄
    What should I do if he continues in his stubborness and want listen to the truth?
    God wants to save him if he will repent, but I am like Jonah and would rather
    not bother with him anymore.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 06:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Those human slaves were later known as the children of Israel that Moses
    and God freed from the Eqyptians and brought them out resulting in the
    Passover.
    Don't believe everything you see in movies, they make stuff up to add to the drama.

Even if we take the Biblical accounts as genuine (there is no independent evidence to support them) the events surrounding Moses were after the last pyramid was built.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 06:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Don't believe everything you see in movies, they make stuff up to add to the drama.

Even if we take the Biblical accounts as genuine (there is no independent evidence to support them) the events surrounding Moses were after the last pyramid was built.
    That is because all the slaves left with Moses and there was none left to
    build anymore pyramids. Use your head for something other than a hat
    rack.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 07:38
    rack.
    I think that modern historians consider that the workforce were volunteers. Pleased to serve thir god (sound familiar?) and also very happy with the high calorific meals!

You shouldnt believe what you see in films (though I guess if you spend your life believing in a book it makes as much sense to believe Hollywood films are fact)
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 08:30
    Out of curiosity, do you folks who believe evolution is hogwash have an explanation for why those who study the life sciences as a profession have not seen the light as you folks have, and why this is true for such an overwhelming majority of biologists?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 08:42
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Out of curiosity, do you folks who believe evolution is hogwash have an explanation for why those who study the life sciences as a profession have not seen the light as you folks have, and why this is true for such an overwhelming majority of biologists?
    Educational bias.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 09:05
    Educational bias.
    "Educational bias" has the makings of an exquisitely circumspect euphemism for the stance you take on many things.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 09:30
    rack.
    So are you saying that the whole story of Joseph and his multicoloured cloak is made up? That too would have been after the pyramids.
    The Bible says nothing about Jews building pyramids, so you are not duty bound to believe it religiously.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 10:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No pride here just interested in truth.
    LOL!!!!!!

You wouldn't know the truth if it came running up to you, pulled your pants and trousers down and rammed itself up your big fat arse.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 10:362 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2011/08/03/what-home-looked-like-for-seven-million-years/

You guys can discuss this as I know where it will go and probably will not comment but I was just doing a little research on this so called "FACT" of evolution. I've pointed this out many times but just had to post this example of the facts which in rea ummm, with the words I've highlighted, it sounds like a fact and a sure thing to me!!!!!
    It always makes me chuckle when i see the usual suspects participate in the anti-evolution thread.

Galveston - A man who was once laughably claimed to have studied evolution all his life (and then rather oddly claimed to have not studied evolution in a later thread), only then to continually display a shocking understanding of the most rudimentary principles involved. Deluded or a liar? Or both maybe?!

RJHinds -A known cheat and liar. Says it all.

Robbie - A man so scared of the subject at hand he refuses to read anything about it, whilst paradoxically at the same time claiming to be in search of the 'truth' and being 'open minded'. When pressed and pressed on the matter he eventually crumbled and the truth came out, he will never deny being 'closed minded' and 'ignorant' on the subject.

So we have a liar, a possible deluded liar and a closed minded ignoramus?!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 10:36
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    LOL!!!!!!

You wouldn't know the truth if it came running up to you, pulled your pants and trousers down and rammed itself up your big fat arse.
    take it to the Gaydo forum you'll find it under forums - general, this is spirituality, if you
    please.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 10:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It always makes me chuckle when i see the usual suspects participate in the anti-evolution thread.

Galveston - A man who was once laughably claimed to have studied evolution all his life (and then rather oddly claimed to have not studied evolution in a later thread), only then to continually display a shocking understanding of the most rudimentary pri ...[text shortened]... e subject.

So we have a liar, a possible deluded liar and a closed minded ignoramus?!
    I have read Darwins own book, well half of it, which is more than you!
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have read Darwins own book, well half of it, which is more than you!
    LOL!!!!! Is that your argument? I have a copy of OoTS now, my brother bought we one for Xmas. When i read it, what are you going to do then?

We'll just sweep the other ten books or so i've read on evolution under the carpet for the moment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree