1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 06:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You sound like a Creationist. Have fun wrestling with your Strawman.
    No, it is no strawman. If your answer is not "yes", then you are a gradualist!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 06:18
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So both genes and the environment have an effect on development. Well, even a 5th form high school student could tell you that. Shame it's not part of this debate.
    Shame you're a loud mouthed idiot. If you'd bother to read the piece, it is discussing a mechanism for non-gradual evolutionary changes - that is part of this debate, isn't it?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 06:522 edits
    Shame you're a loud mouthed idiot. If you'd bother to read the piece, it is discussing a mechanism for non-gradual evolutionary changes - that is part of this debate, isn't it?
    It's discussing variation between individuals which isn't explained by genes. Of course, the one gene one control idea went out a long time ago! Genes operate in networks, interacting in multiple pathways.

[edit; oh, and marauder, I never found out - how long is "recent"? How fast is gradual?]
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 03:37
    It's discussing variation between individuals which isn't explained by genes. Of course, the one gene one control idea went out a long time ago! Genes operate in networks, interacting in multiple pathways.

[edit; oh, and marauder, I never found out - how long is "recent"? How fast is gradual?]
    No s**t, Sherlock. Read it again until you understand it; they are directly challenging the gene centered core position.

Just make up your own definitions like you did for "selfish", Humpty Dumpty.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 03:54
    marauder to Scot ... `Shame you're a loud mouthed idiot.`

Talking to yourself again, marauder ? 😵
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 05:192 edits
    No s**t, Sherlock. Read it again until you understand it; they are directly challenging the gene centered core position.

Just make up your own definitions like you did for "selfish", Humpty Dumpty.
    I already explained that the way an organism develops is an interaction between genes and their environment. Nevertheless, genes are the only thing which can evolve, and set the rules for the way that the organism develops under the conditions it finds itself.

Edit, oh, and marauder, how fast is "rapid" and "gradual"?
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 07:23
    So, no leg to leg in one fell jump?
    Can something with no legs jump?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree