1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 16:27
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You can only have faith in yourself. Humans telling you about god, forget it, since they know zero about gods and whatever gods there are are keeping mum so you are on your own.
    Thanks for sharing your religious beliefs.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 16:28
    Originally posted by @eladar
    As I said, your question is based on a faulty assumption.

So your question is invalid if you are following up on my statement. I have clarified what I meant, I have no desire to follow the rabbit trail based on a faulty assumption.
    You said

"Sorry if you made the faulty assumption that I claimed you needed to believe Jesus."

This implies one doesn't need to "believe Jesus" to "take Jesus' word for it".

My question is entirely correct and on point. How does one "take Jesus' word for it" without believing in Jesus? I understand you feel you don't need to believe in Jesus to take his word for it, so you don't need to repeat that. I'm confused as to how that works though.

Can you answer that question, or would you like to dodge some more?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 16:30
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    You said

"Sorry if you made the faulty assumption that I claimed you needed to believe Jesus."

This implies one doesn't need to "believe Jesus" to "take Jesus' word for it".

My question is entirely correct and on point. How does one "take Jesus' word for it" without believing in Jesus? I understand you feel you don't need to believe in Jesu ...[text shortened]... to how that works though.

Can you answer that question, or would you like to dodge some more?
    You are free to believe as you wish.

Disagreeing with you does not equal dodging the question.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:22
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Faith: Don't overanalyze it
    Don't under-analyze it either.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:23
    You are free to believe as you wish.

Disagreeing with you does not equal dodging the question.
    We weren't discussing whether or not I am free to believe as I wish. Where did that come from??

And no, disagreeing with me does not "equal" dodging. Posting one-liners that have nothing to do with the topic at hand however, does.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:43
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    We weren't discussing whether or not I am free to believe as I wish. Where did that come from??

And no, disagreeing with me does not "equal" dodging. Posting one-liners that have nothing to do with the topic at hand however, does.
    We weren't discussing anything.

You were trying to tell me what to talk about and I said no thank you.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:47
    We weren't discussing anything.

You were trying to tell me what to talk about and I said no thank you.
    I was asking you how one can "take Jesus' word for it" when one doesn't believe Jesus ever existed. If you don't know, you can just say so. No need to dodge and post irrelevant one-liners.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:48
    Thanks for sharing your religious beliefs.
    I have always said I want freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion. Religions creep me out.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 20:50
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I have always said I want freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion. Religions creep me out.
    Feel free to be self deluded if it helps you feel better.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 21:19
    Feel free to be self deluded if it helps you feel better.
    How does GKR take Jesus word for something, when he doesn't believe Jesus existed or exists?

Do you understand what "taking someone's word" means?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 21:25
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    How does GKR take Jesus word for something, when he doesn't believe Jesus existed or exists?

Do you understand what "taking someone's word" means?
    I already turned down that discussion since he turned down my take on the topic.

But hey, leave it to you to pester people needlessly.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 21:59
    I already turned down that discussion since he turned down my take on the topic.

Your take requires a significant amount of explanation.

Which you are clearly unable to deliver since your take is no more than hollow one-liners.

Why you'd bother posting them is anybody's guess.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 06:47
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Faith in GOD is a gift, some have it some do not. Please don't try to use logic, mathematics, science or some other source of reasoning in our finite little existence here on planet earth to try to prove or disprove it, it won't work.

If you want to jump into anaylsis, try working on your endgames, or grab an old Informant and play through some lines of your chosen opening. 🙂
    Its kind of like teaching a baby to walk. No parent really does that much. That baby learns to walk by walking. The older helper just gives the little one some support and encouragement.

You are right that faith is a gift.
    You are right that we can be too introspective and end up leaning on our own understanding rather than trusting God.

Some help can be given. Paul said that he labored to complete that which was lacking in your faith.

"Night and day petitioning exceedingly so that we may see your face and complete the things that are lacking in your faith ... " (1 Thess. 3:10)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 07:10

This is a discussion forum and I'm trying to discuss something to have previously said with you.; how do you interpret that as "needlessly pestering". 🙄

The main problem I can see here is that you are talking out of your arse.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 08:42
    No problem. I was just explaining why it wasn't just my word on it.
    Literally everything you say IS "your word for it", since you do not speak for Jesus or God.

You have practically zero understanding of what they DID say about it.

All you have is your own understanding, then you spend a LOT of time trying to convince people that YOUR ideas are God's ideas. They aren't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree