1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 09:37
    Originally posted by sjeg
    It is not linguistic errors which make you seem foolish. It is your whole approach. Your argument invalidates itself all on its own.

But, as you brought it up in order to outsmart me, (althought it neatly backfired, and made you look rather an eejit) I will explain a little further. Your 'millennia' bit only invalidates that one jibe of yours, which assume ...[text shortened]... at this is the best for of human contact you can muster? What exactly is your motivation?
    Your argument invalidates itself all on its own.

Why? Simply because of the derisive tone I use?

Don’t just attack people or a faith for the sake of it. How ignorant does that make you? Are you that lonely that this is the best for of human contact you can muster? What exactly is your motivation?

Motivation? Who says I must have a motivation? No, skippy...this is entertainment. I have plenty of human contact, thank you. I find this forum to be an entertaining place to kill some time while my opponents consider my latest gaffe. Besides, someone has to provide the yin to the sanctimonious yang of RBHill, dj2, bf101, et al.
  2. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 09:40
    I can't believe a thread that began with such little intelligence has produced so much comment. 😞
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 09:43
    Originally posted by RatX
    if your world is made up of chemicals, energy and no more, it would be a lackluster bowl of dirt with no meaning or purpose.
    Heaven forfend that your ego should be shattered to discover there is no higher purpose to your existence. Why can't it simply be a matter of enjoying your reality, and maybe reproduce along the way? Why try to attach some deeper significance to it all? For all you know, you might be a meat animal on an abandoned farm.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 10:06
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Well, I await your future post. Perhaps a new thread is in order, because I often see this claim made in the forums, and I can't remember it ever being systematically addressed. As a quick rejoinder, suppose that the world is completely mechanistic, and that our psychologies can be reduced to biochemistry, or chemistry or physics. Would that entail that the love you have for your friends is any less real or important?

Cheers,
    of course it does, haven't you realized these puppies only got one big dog that gives them a bone? Without the big dog, they have nada.
  5. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 10:15
    Originally posted by David C
    Heaven forfend that your ego should be shattered to discover there is no higher purpose to your existence. Why can't it simply be a matter of enjoying your reality, and maybe reproduce along the way? Why try to attach some deeper significance to it all? For all you know, you might be a meat animal on an abandoned farm.
    Isn't he great? Let's give him a hand...
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 11:58
    Not much substance to this thread, but it sure had me in stitches. Good job everybody.

😀😀😀😀😀😛🙄🙄🙄
  7. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 12:12
    [b]Your argument invalidates itself all on its own.

Why? Simply because of the derisive tone I use?

Don’t just attack people or a faith for the sake of it. How ignorant does that make you? Are you that lonely that this is the best for of human contact you can muster? What exactly is your motivation?

Motivation? Who says I must have ...[text shortened]... Besides, someone has to provide the yin to the sanctimonious yang of RBHill, dj2, bf101, et al.[/b]
    Actually from what I have seen you don't seem to have an argument. If you do, you have not expressed it in this forum, and I do not know you from Adam.

As I see it, if you want to have a go at certain people, then be specific, and criticise them, and them alone. Don't just first off a few in the direction of Christianity. That, old china, seems ridiculous to me.
  8. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    I can't believe a thread that began with such little intelligence has produced so much comment. 😞
    I take much of the blame, as I was the first to respond to the inane original post by the Antipodean half-wit.

Apologies all round.:'(
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 12:34
    Originally posted by mattlango
    Why are my posts foolish? you provide me with solid proof that god exists and i will apologize in full for my "foolish post" and bad grammer until all who believe are fools and only your death will let you see the truth!
    I will be proud to be a fool - God exists, He is in everything for me. Nothing else matters.

Your death Aussie, will let you see the truth. Oh, and by the way, speak for yourself!
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 12:42
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    I will be proud to be a fool - God exists, He is in everything for me. Nothing else matters.

Your death Aussie, will let you see the truth. Oh, and by the way, speak for yourself!
    Nothing else matters.

I think there's a song in there. Metallica anybody?
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 12:50
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]Nothing else matters.

I think there's a song in there. Metallica anybody?[/b]
    Nice song 🙂
  12. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 17:50
    Some threads are like fine wine.

And some are like a front-row seat at the Moonee Ponds mud-wrestling semifinals.
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 20:19
    I think you kinda answered your own question.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 01:18
    I refuse to accept that there is no purpose to life. You may happily continue in your abandoned farm, using this theory to possibly excuse your failures in life; but I intend to live life searching for purpose.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 01:27
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I refuse to accept that there is no purpose to life. You may happily continue in your abandoned farm, using this theory to possibly excuse your failures in life; but I intend to live life searching for purpose.
    Amen Bro....I would hate to have to tell my kids they have no purpose, that they were an accident and we don't know why we are here...LOL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree