1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 23:54
    "How Atheists Think" "On another thread, below, an Atheist takes issue with the parody on Atheist arguments. It's amazing how many Atheists are literalists despite their hatred of literalism. Nonetheless, I have responded with the following list regarding the Atheist thought process:

1. Denial of intellectual responsibility for saying why they reject theist arguments.

2. Constant and consistent use of rationalization to backfill their emotional conclusion which has no intellectual or evidentiary content.

3. Backfill the intellectual and moral void they have created for themselves with visions of their own self-endowed elitism.

4. Live a life of arrogance despite also living a life dependent upon logical fallacy, which is now deeply embedded in the worldview.

5. Claim logic and evidence as the basis of their worldview, despite being based totally on emotional rejectionism and neediness.

6. Evangelize, claiming that critical thinking means being a critical person, who criticizes everything except Materialism and Scientism and Leftism.

7. Demand that government be beholden to their views, and only their views, exclusively (because they are so tolerant).

8. Be vociferously offended at the mere sight of religious artifacts and activities which are not yet underground and are thus visually offensive. The FFRF has claimed to be made physically ill at the sight. BUT:

9. Demand total tolerance for any possible amoral activity engaged in by the amoral/immoral. That's because those activities are now morally acceptable, and religion is the only remaining immorality and cannot be tolerated unless it is underground and not available to be seen by impressionable children who might be corrupted. Media tolerance for sex and violence is fine; media attachment to the offensive morality of the Other cannot be tolerated, and is purged by consensus.

10. Form and fund large organizations which attack small entities which display religious symbology, especially very small towns and school districts. Do not attack Los Angeles, it might win, and that would destroy the ability for future attacks on the Other.

11. Claim that no one but an Atheist can understand Atheism.

12. Claim that other Atheists are wrong; only you personally understand Atheism.

13. Claim Atheism is not a religion.

14. Form churches.

15. Split into denominations due to dogma differences.

16. Create an individual morality which fits the individual Atheist's proclivity and thus is also volatile.

17. Insist that Atheists are Good without God.

18. Campaign against theism with billboard and bus sign attacks, claiming that the presence of religion is an attack on themselves, the Victims.

19. Become the Saviors of mankind, as well as Victims. Classism is thus natural to the Atheist.

20. Being the Saviors/Messiahs requires the designation of classes of Victims and Oppressors; the government is the perfect place to apply Messiahism, since it has the ability to attack the Oppressors and keep the Victims on the plantations."

http://atheism-analyzed.blogspot.com/search/label/Atheism%20%3D%20Religion%3F (Tuesday, January 14, 2014)
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 00:03
    "A Study of Religious and Nonreligious Campus Organizations » The Atheist’s Prayer March 16, 2008 By Guest Contributor:

"Our brains, which art in our heads, treasured be thy names. Thy reasoning come. The best you can do be done on earth as it is. Give us this day new insight to resolve conflicts and ease pain. And lead us not into supernatural explanations, deliver us from denial of logic. For thine is the kingdom of reason, and even though thy powers are limited, and you’re not always glorious, you are the best evolutionary adaptation we have for helping this earth now and forever and ever. So be it."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2008/03/16/the-atheists-prayer/
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 00:072 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"How Atheists Think" "On another thread, below, an Atheist takes issue with the parody on Atheist arguments. It's amazing how many Atheists are literalists despite their hatred of literalism. Nonetheless, I have responded with the following list regarding the Atheist thought process:

[i]1. Denial of intellectual responsibility for saying why t ...[text shortened]... heism-analyzed.blogspot.com/search/label/Atheism%20%3D%20Religion%3F (Tuesday, January 14, 2014)[/b]
    "Tomorrow, class, we will discuss the anatomy and physiology of the typical atheist and how it affects their thinking."
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:17
    [b]"How Atheists Think" "On another thread, below, an Atheist takes issue with the parody on Atheist arguments. It's amazing how many Atheists are literalists despite their hatred of literalism. Nonetheless, I have responded with the following list regarding the Atheist thought process:

[i]1. Denial of intellectual responsibility for saying why t ...[text shortened]... heism-analyzed.blogspot.com/search/label/Atheism%20%3D%20Religion%3F (Tuesday, January 14, 2014)[/b]
    this doesnt describe how an atheist thinks, it only describes what you think about atheists. you seem to miss the obvious point that atheist only actually need to agree about one thing, other than that we are free to be as diverse and different as it it possible to be outside of that one condition, which makes it impossible to sum 'us' up as a collective.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:501 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    this doesnt describe how an atheist thinks, it only describes what you think about atheists. you seem to miss the obvious point that atheist only actually need to agree about one thing, other than that we are free to be as diverse and different as it it possible to be outside of that one condition, which makes it impossible to sum 'us' up as a collective.
    "this doesnt describe how an atheist thinks, it only describes what you think about atheists" -stellspalfie

..... incorrect; the list was conceptualized and posted by a blogger who once was an atheist. I welcome your comments.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:56
    "this doesnt describe how an atheist thinks, it only describes what you think about atheists" -stellspalfie

..... incorrect; the list was conceptualized and posted by blogger who once was an atheist. I welcome your comments.
    so you disagree with the blogger then?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:01
    The opening post does not shed any light on how an atheist
    thinks but does show how one theist is incapable of thinking.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:181 edit
    so you disagree with the blogger then?
    Objective is to read comments on the accuracy or inaccuracy of the individual items on his list; then make up my mind.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:282 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The opening post does not shed any light on how an atheist
    thinks but does show how one theist is incapable of thinking.
    "On another thread, below, an Atheist takes issue with the parody on Atheist arguments. It's amazing how many Atheists are literalists despite their hatred of literalism. Nonetheless, I have responded with the following list regarding the Atheist thought process... " (OP)

This list represents one former atheist's considered point of view; it's authentically his without any claims that it's universally accepted. I'm interested in atheists on this forum itemizing a description of their own on facets of how atheists think.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:37
    Objective is to read comments on the accuracy or inaccuracy of the individual items on his list; then make up my mind.
    why? what makes this collection of statements anymore meaningful than a collection of any other statements? do you have an opinion on the statements?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 02:46
    Grampy, What is "Leftism" ?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 03:45
    why? what makes this collection of statements anymore meaningful than a collection of any other statements? do you have an opinion on the statements?
    Yes; I rather doubt that 1. applies generally to those atheists who contribute to this forum. Your turn.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 03:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    Grampy, What is "Leftism" ?
    "6. Evangelize, claiming that critical thinking means being a critical person, who criticizes everything except Materialism and Scientism and Leftism."

May allude to political liberalism but I'm really not at all sure. Perhaps Duchess64 will deign to enlighten us all.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 03:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Au contraire, mon ami; I happen to care intensely for reasons previously delineated. I appreciate your civility. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree