1. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 05:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    This list represents one former atheist's considered point of view;
    I strongly suggest you learn to listen to actual atheists not former atheists. We don't go around getting our information about theists from former theists.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 06:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I strongly suggest you learn to listen to actual atheists not former atheists. We don't go around getting our information about theists from former theists.
    Yes, to learn definitively posted comments from present adherents should be accepted objectively as academic information to be processed and assimilated. Would you be of a mind to comment on a few of the most egregious points in the list of 20?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 06:27
    Would you be of a mind to comment on a few of the most egregious points in the list of 20?
    No. All I need say is that it is not an accurate description of atheists in general and almost certainly not an accurate description of the original writer either.
    As you have been told many many times - yet you persist in ignoring it - if you want to know how atheists think, then ask them, and listen to their answers - whilst keeping in mind that how one of us thinks is not necessarily representative of other atheists.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 06:47
    11. Claim that no one but an Atheist can understand Atheism.

At least that one applies to twhitehead.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 06:572 edits
    [b]"How Atheists Think" "On another thread, below, an Atheist takes issue with the parody on Atheist arguments. It's amazing how many Atheists are literalists despite their hatred of literalism. Nonetheless, I have responded with the following list regarding the Atheist thought process:

[i]1. Denial of intellectual responsibility for saying why t ...[text shortened]... heism-analyzed.blogspot.com/search/label/Atheism%20%3D%20Religion%3F (Tuesday, January 14, 2014)[/b]
    This seems to describe the various actions of atheists instead of their thinking process.

17. Insist that Atheists are Good without God.

However, this might also indicate their thinking process.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 07:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    11. Claim that no one but an Atheist can understand Atheism.

At least that one applies to twhitehead.
    Nope, I never said any such thing.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 07:12
    Nope, I never said any such thing.
    4. Live a life of arrogance despite also living a life dependent upon logical fallacy, which is now deeply embedded in the worldview.

13. Claim Atheism is not a religion

These two seem to apply to most all the atheists I know on RHP
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 08:21
    4. Live a life of arrogance despite also living a life dependent upon logical fallacy, which is now deeply embedded in the worldview.
    Well obviously some theists might claim atheism is based on logical fallacy, the problem is, that said theists never seem to be able to explain what that logical fallacy is.

13. Claim Atheism is not a religion
    This is hardly 'how atheists think'. Its simply an obvious fact.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 09:111 edit
    Ythes; I rather doubt that 1. applies generally to those atheists who contribute to this forum. Your turn.
    nearly all appear to be nonsense. which begs the question, why post them? they seem to be as relevant as posting a random collection of statements about cheese.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 09:26
    You've had conversations with many atheists on this board, GB. Do you think this lists is representative for those that you've talked to here?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 11:581 edit
    Well obviously some theists might claim atheism is based on logical fallacy, the problem is, that said theists never seem to be able to explain what that logical fallacy is.

[b]13. Claim Atheism is not a religion

This is hardly 'how atheists think'. Its simply an obvious fact.[/b]
    I will go along with it being a fact that atheist claim Atheism is not a religion.

Atheist will not accept any explantion that their Atheism is based on a logical fallacy.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 12:31
    I will go along with it being a fact that atheist claim Atheism is not a religion.
    If you think it is a religion, then say so and explain why you think it is. Maybe you are just playing your age old game of coming up with your own definitions for words as an excuse for talking nonsense.

Atheist will not accept any explantion that their Atheism is based on a logical fallacy.
    They certainly won't if no such explanations are forth coming.
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 12:58
    [b]"How Atheists Think" "On another thread, below, an Atheist takes issue with the parody on Atheist arguments. It's amazing how many Atheists are literalists despite their hatred of literalism. Nonetheless, I have responded with the following list regarding the Atheist thought process:

[i]1. Denial of intellectual responsibility for saying why t ...[text shortened]... heism-analyzed.blogspot.com/search/label/Atheism%20%3D%20Religion%3F (Tuesday, January 14, 2014)[/b]
    I can't see ow any of them are valid. Many are descriptions of what someone might do but not of how they might think. and even those do not describe atheists.

The only way to describe how atheists think is to say that they do not believe in a god.

Can you point to evidence of how any[/] atheist on this board conforms to [i]any of those 20 descriptions?

Penguin.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 17:50
    If you think it is a religion, then say so and explain why you think it is. Maybe you are just playing your age old game of coming up with your own definitions for words as an excuse for talking nonsense.

[b]Atheist will not accept any explantion that their Atheism is based on a logical fallacy.

They certainly won't if no such explanations are forth coming.[/b]
    I think atheism is a religious belief just like evilution.

Most atheists say they believe atheism is based on the facts. However, the logical fallacy with that is they do not know all the facts.

Well then, what do you think Atheism is based on?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 17:56
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I can't see ow any of them are valid. Many are descriptions of what someone might do but not of how they might think. and even those do not describe atheists.

The only way to describe how atheists think is to say that they do not believe in a god.

Can you point to evidence of how any[/] atheist on this board conforms to [i]any of those 20 descriptions?

Penguin.
    I believe all atheists think in a materialistic way and exclude miracles from God and the spiritual as fairy tales and imaginations from the brain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree