Originally posted by @divegeester
    Did you read my post?
    He read it. He did not understand it... lol
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:53
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What is in the bible is a description of robes being made white through the blood of the lamb (Rev 12: 10-11) and instructions to be washed in the word, (Ephesians 5:26)

Revelation 12:10 says that the ovecomers overcame the accuser by the blood of the Lamv - Christ the Redeemer.

The passage you may have meant is [b]Revelation 7:14
    ...[text shortened]... m washed in the blood of Jesus God's Son.

I will read carefully your comments below that too.[/b]
    It’s not a fight sonship, maybe consider it a lesson in humility, I.e. to take learning from someone like me with a “diseased mind”.

It is important to stick to scriptural terms no matter how well sung the non scriptural ones are. “Are you washed in the blood of the lamb” is a line from a hymn, NOT a text from the bible.

We are washed with the water of the word
    Similarly we are Baptised in the spirit
    But the blood of the the lamb is sprinkled (in/on our hearts) as it was in the OT

That is scripture.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 21:356 edits
    It is important to stick to scriptural terms no matter how well sung the non scriptural ones are. “Are you washed in the blood of the lamb” is a line from a hymn, NOT a text from the bible.

But the blood of the the lamb is sprinkled (in/on our hearts) as it was in the OT

That is scripture.

You are saying it is extra-biblical for a believer to say he is washed in the blood. You say: "No, the word washed in Ephesians." To which I agree. Then you say "Robes may be washed but not the person."

Well, again you underestimate how carefully these things have been considered.

Is my conscience ME?
    Is my human conscience a part of ME?
    I think so. In fact I KNOW so.

The blood "purify" my conscience. So that is virtually the same as saying the blood washed ME.

"How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God." (Hebrews 9:14)

New American Standard Bible
    ... the blood of Christ, ... cleanse your conscience ...?

King James Bible
    ... blood of Christ, ... purge your conscience ...

Douay-Rheims Bible
    ... the blood of Christ, ... cleanse our conscience

Darby Bible Translation
    ... the blood of the Christ, ... purify your conscience ...

My conscience is a part of me.
    Is your conscience YOU ?

The blood of Christ cleanses, purifies, purges my conscience.

So what is the major problem with Christians saying that we are washed in the blood of Jesus ?

We are washed in the rhema of the laver too - the washing of the water of the word, in Ephesisans. Why the false dichotomy?

If my conscience is cleansed I am washed.
    The blood of Christ through the eternal Spirit does the cleansing, the purging, the washing.

There is nothing extra-biblical about it.

My "robes" are washed.
    I am washed.

If you love His redemption you would imagine yourself totally bathed in that cleansing blood without much problem I think.

If you realized how much we need cleansing you'd rejoice to think we are washed from head to toe in every single millimeter of us.

You prize being kind of "non-traditional" for its own sake ?
    I'd rather tell people that they can be washed in the blood of Jesus thoroughly, completely.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 21:40
    [quote] It is important to stick to scriptural terms no matter how well sung the non scriptural ones are. “Are you washed in the blood of the lamb” is a line from a hymn, NOT a text from the bible.

But the blood of the the lamb is sprinkled (in/on our hearts) as it was ...[text shortened]...
    I'd rather tell people that they can be washed in the blood of Jesus thoroughly, completely.
    Sure, just post the scripture which says “we are washed in the blood.”

We are washed in the water and the word and the blood is sprinkled.

Your vanity gets the better of you every time doesn’t it.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 21:51
    Sure, just post the scripture which says “we are washed in the blood.”

I understand Divegeester,
    First your case is not too strong so you better bulster it up bring up some old stuff you remember from over a year ago.

Your case is not too strong to go after my vanity, to score.
    I'm real vain.
    Work on that.

We are washed in the water and the word and the blood is sprinkled.

Alright, you want to make an issue of SPRINKLING rather than WASHING.

Noted.

However the case is not strong enough - "WASH their robes" was uttered by the Holy Spirit when He could have had written "Sprinkled their robes"

So I think God will forgive us for saying we are washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Besides my conscience is really me.
    If the blood of Jesus cleanses, purges, purifies my conscience. I am sure God will not be so figity to object that I say Christ's blood washes me.

Must suspend.

How much vanity from me do you think will ERASE that "the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin" ??
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 21:521 edit
    It’s not a fight sonship, maybe consider it a lesson in humility, I.e. to take learning from someone like me with a “diseased mind”.

We are washed with the w ...[text shortened]... blood of the the lamb is sprinkled (in/on our hearts) as it was in the OT

That is scripture.
    Correct . Sticking to bible wording is critical if one wants to avoid false doctrines creeping in.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 22:06
    What is in the bible is a description of robes being made white through the blood of the lamb (Rev 12: 10-11) and instructions to be washed in the word, (Ephesians 5:26)

Revelation 12:10 says that the ovecomers overcame the accuser by the blood of the Lamv - Christ the Redeemer.

The passage you may have meant is [b]Revelation 7:14
    ...[text shortened]... m washed in the blood of Jesus God's Son.

I will read carefully your comments below that too.[/b]
    Mouth worshipers are not overcomers. Overcomers are the righteous:
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 22:191 edit
    First your case is not too strong so you better bulster it up bring up some old stuff you remember from over a year ago.
    Your case is not too strong to go after my vanity, to score.
    I'm real vain.
    Work on that.
    Don’t get upset, I’m sorry I called you vain, I apologise.

But it’s not a sin to say “washed in the blood” sonship, why over dramatise it?

Cleansed is not washed. To be cleansed is different from being washed. Cleansed is higher than washing, being cleansed by the blood of Christ is higher than being washed in the word. The once and for all “sprinkling” of blood is sufficient to cleanse of all sin. Washing in the word is a daily ablution.

Do you see the difference and why it is important?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 06:01
    “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,”

(Revelation 1:4-5)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 07:501 edit
    Don’t get upset, I’m sorry I called you vain, I apologise.

Its forgiven.

But it’s not a sin to say “washed in the blood” sonship, why over dramatise it?

I agree with you.

Here's the thing. Whether you want to utter that you need to be sprinkled or washed or purged or cleansed or something else really is a matter of one's personal appreciation of Christ's redemption.

I came filthy. I came unbelievably stained and filthy.
    I, as the song said, felt the need to "plunge" in to be thoroughly washed in that "fountain" opened for sinners.

It is no mistake or sin to say "Lord I need the sprinkling of the blood."

I think we have agreement on this matter.

Cleansed is not washed.

Why not?

To be cleansed is different from being washed. Cleansed is higher than washing, being cleansed by the blood of Christ is higher than being washed in the word.

I don't see that this is a point that needs to be debated.
    I could have called the thread "How To Be Cleansed in the Blood" or [b]"How To Be Sprinkled in the Blood".

Either is just as good.
    "Washed" came out perhaps many very useful hymns spoke of WASHING. And I do not regard these as trivial.

"What can WASH away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus."

"Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb?"

"I AM Coming Lord, Coming Now To Thee.
    Wash Me, Cleanse Me in the Blood Which Flowed on Calvary."

Now I appreciate songs like this.
    They have been strong agents of spiritual progress.
    I want other to have strong spiritual progress.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 07:51
    Many people will not come forward to Christ because they feel that they are too much gone into their guilt. Satan the accuser accuses them to their conscience that they could never be Christians ANYWAY because they are TOO GUILTY.

Blokes like that need to be told they can be Sprinkled, Cleansed, and even WASHED by BATHING entirely in the powerful redeeming blood of Christ.

The Spirit ANSWERS to the Blood.
    Our Faith energizes God's FAITHFULNESS.

My opinion is we are helped to be told that we can be WASHED completely and THOROUGHLY and DEEPLY by the redeeming blood of Christ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 07:51

The once and for all “sprinkling” of blood is sufficient to cleanse of all sin. Washing in the word is a daily ablution.

Do you
    see the difference and why it is important?

I understand what you mean. However, our appreciation of the need for the sprinkling DEEPENS. Yesterday I may have thought it was alright to act a certain way. I had no thought that such behavior was offensive to God and man.

Today something convicts me that what I thought all along was OK is in fact a transgression. Sure, I was sprinkled once and for all by the blood of Christ. But I confess something now which I did not feel needed confession before.

Therefore to counter accusation, the sense of stain, and the sense of defilement which is new to me, I FRESHLY apply the truth of the blood of Jesus.

No Christian advances to the point of "graduating" from the realization of how much he needs the redeeming blood of Christ.

There is no such thing as thinking - 'Oh the blood of redemption?? Well, that's kind of elementary. I am beyond that need now. That is the stuff of the beginning of my spiritual life. Hey, I'm way more mature for THAT now."

There really is no such thing as outgrowing the need for deep realization of Redemption through the blood of Christ. Especially there is no such "graduation" from the blood of Christ in effective prayer and spiritual warfare.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 08:323 edits
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,”

(Revelation 1:4-5)
    Thanks Romans1009. I just noticed this.

I anticipate that someone may say that this is "released" and not "washed". Arguing over this is not all that important.

If someone wants to say they were sprinkled by the blood of redemption BUT NOT WASHED, well, I need sprinkling, purging, washing, releasing, freeing, plunging in, and anything else the redeeming blood of Christ can do for me.

All of them are fantastic.

And "washed" is certainly not too much because it says "Blessed are those who WASH their robes ..." (Rev. 22:14) which "robes" are washed in the blood of the Lamb.

" ... they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)

We know that these "robes" really have to do with us (ie. our expression).

So the poor Unitarian will just have to accept that we who love the Lamb Jesus Christ, adore that He has WASHED us in His cleansing blood.

He also washes us in the water of the living word of God (Eph. 5:26) .
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 10:502 edits
    Be clear that for God to forgive your sins means that He FORGETS your sins.

I mean that if you were to remind Him after you have been forgiven, god might say - "I have NO idea of what you are talking about."

Be clear. For God to FORGIVE yours sin is for God to cast your sins into the endless ocean of His forgetfulness. He will not remember. Th ...[text shortened]...

Your sins and your iniquities He will by no means remember any more under the blood of Jesus.
    In the following, God clearly calls for His followers to "make [themselves] clean" by ceasing to sin. The concept of the necessity of being "washed in the blood" is nonsense. At least in the sense that you seem to take it. People swallow it hook, line and sinker since it is self-serving for them to do so. Instead of taking it upon themselves to "make [themselves] clean", they believe this type of nonsense.

Isaiah 1
    11“What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?”
    Says the LORD.
    “I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams
    And the fat of fed cattle;
    And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats.
    12“When you come to appear before Me,
    Who requires of you this trampling of My courts?
    13“Bring your worthless offerings no longer,
    Incense is an abomination to Me.
    New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies—
    I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.
    14“I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts,
    They have become a burden to Me;
    I am weary of bearing them.
    15“So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
    I will hide My eyes from you;
    Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
    I will not listen.
    Your hands are covered with blood.
    16“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
    Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
    Cease to do evil,
    17Learn to do good;
    Seek justice,
    Reprove the ruthless,
    Defend the orphan,
    Plead for the widow.
    18“Come now, and let us reason together,”
    Says the LORD,
    “Though your sins are as scarlet,
    They will be as white as snow;
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They will be like wool.

19“If you consent and obey,
    You will eat the best of the land;
    20“But if you refuse and rebel,
    You will be devoured by the sword.”
    Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Apr '18 11:552 edits
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    In the following, God clearly calls for His followers to "make [themselves] clean" by ceasing to sin. The concept of the necessity of being "washed in the blood" is nonsense. At least in the sense that you seem to take it. People swallow it hook, line and sinker since it is self-serving for them to do so. Instead of taking it upon themselves to "make [th ...[text shortened]... You will be devoured by the sword.”
    Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
    Here again :

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
    Cleanse your hands, ye sinners;
    and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
    (James 4:8 KJV)

Its is not one or the other. Both are important.
    The Christians would, as you say wait around and proclaim
    they are washed by the blood of Christ.
    This is fine but then they ignore their part in the cleansing process.
    Anyone who tries to cleanse themselves, they say are
    - insulting Christ
    - trying to earn salvation
    and other such nonsensical comments.

Christianity has created a bunch of lazy mindless people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree