1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 14:39
    Originally posted by stocken
    As I am in the process of starting my own religion I really need devoted followers that will fullfill my every whim and not question any inconsistencies in my teachings. The problem is:

How do you create extreme fundies?

How do you create extreme fundies in a part of the world where such a thing as blind devotion to a single cause (my earthly enjoymen ...[text shortened]... a worhty afterlife, devoid of all misery, through their actions here on earth) is frowned upon?
    Step 1: Tear the subject down. Remind them of their weakness, their imperfections.

Step 2: Promise absolution through strict adherence to your program (phrase this adherence with words like "path," "walk," "way," "race," or others that imply direction and purpose). Let the subject know that he/she has a great purpose that can only be attained through the absolution. This both feeds into their insecurity and creates a very useful "us vs. them" paradigm. Make sure your program holds out some intangible reward (e.g. space aliens returning to pick up the faithful, some sort of heaven, absolute enlightenment and perfection). Finally, allow for a sufficient amount of mystery and ambiguity in your doctrine. Remember, while followers are encouraged to read propaganda (I mean sacred scriptures.) only you can provide the best interpretation.

Step 3: Ask for contributions. The contributions can be pecuniary, sexual, or whatever else you desire. If unsuccessful, repeat step 1.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 14:41
    Originally posted by telerion
    Step 1: Step 2: Step 3:
    This sounds exactly like the program at a local (now possibly defunct)drug rehabilitation center famed for its "tough love" approach.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 14:45
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    This sounds exactly like the program at a local (now possibly defunct)drug rehabilitation center famed for its "tough love" approach.
    Noupoort?
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 14:46
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Noupoort?
    Jawohl.
  5. Gangster Land
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:11
    I think if you want a fundy you need to have opposition. If you think about the fundies in the Christian religion (or any other religion/creed that has historically bred fundamentalism) I think you will notice that their major motivating factor is not love of their particular deity/creedo but hatred of their perceived opposition.

If you want fundies, I suggest you give your followers an enemy.

TheSkipper
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:23
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    I think if you want a fundy you need to have opposition. If you think about the fundies in the Christian religion (or any other religion/creed that has historically bred fundamentalism) I think you will notice that their major motivating factor is not love of their particular deity/creedo but hatred of their perceived opposition.

If you want fundies, I suggest you give your followers an enemy.

TheSkipper
    Oooo, that's a good one. Very insightful of you. I think, to give my followers a common enemy falls under step 1 of Telerion's strategy. While tearing my subject apart spiritually I shall also provide them relief for their self-loathing (which is sure to come) by pointing at people even worse than them (be it true or more likely not).

Moaaa-ha-ha-haaaaaa...

I shall rule this world!!!
  7. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:251 edit
    Oooo, that's a good one. Very insightful of you. I think, to give my followers a common enemy falls under step 1 of Telerion's strategy. While tearing my subject apart spiritually I shall also provide them relief for their self-loathing (which is sure to come) by pointing at people even worse than them (be it true or more likely not).

Moaaa-ha-ha-haaaaaa...

I shall rule this world!!!
    Clearly, you are kind of new at this. You're going to rule the world by doing what other people tell you to do? Come up with your own system!

But of course, now you can't follow my advice either. How's THAT for messing with your mind?
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:281 edit
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Clearly, you are kind of new at this. You're going to rule the world by doing what other people tell you to do? Come up with your own system!

But of course, now you can't follow my advice either. How's THAT for messing with your mind?
    lol

Touché!

Edit: Sweet Jesus. I've been indoctrinated, right there. What the h*ll does lol mean? Laughing ? Lot? LMAO I know about. LMFAO is also easy to figure out. But Lol?
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:141 edit
    lol

Touché!

Edit: Sweet Jesus. I've been indoctrinated, right there. What the h*ll does lol mean? Laughing ? Lot? LMAO I know about. LMFAO is also easy to figure out. But Lol?
    You are not now capable of leading your own cult. Your skill, imagination and intellect are unshaped and misguided, but there is a wonderful plan for your life! I see in you a special ability that others do not possess. You are one of the elite few with potential. Follow the "Great Con-mission" as laid out in my post. Read it. Memorize it. Stick to my plan, you will become a great cult leader. You will rise above the pathetic wanna-be televangelists and kool-aid disseminators. You'll have all the money and sex you can possibly desire. Do not listen to the hacklers and naysayers. They lack your potential. They are short-sighted and envious. Just follow steadfastly to the Great Con-mission and your mysterious and powerful fruits will reveal themselves in the Time of Ripening.

Now give me $100 and a blowjob.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:20
    I'll just send a fourty year old, drug-addicted male prostitute your way. How's that sound?
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:26
    I'll just send a fourty year old, drug-addicted male prostitute your way. How's that sound?
    You are lost . . . 🙁
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:30
    You are lost . . . 🙁
    I can't be lost. I invented my own religion. It is you who fail to see the truth; my superiority, and you must therefore repent. Become that 40-year old, drug-addicted male prostitute so I can make money on you! Now! 🙂
  13. The sky
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:592 edits
    You are not now capable of leading your own cult. Your skill, imagination and intellect are unshaped and misguided, but there is a wonderful plan for your life! I see in you a special ability that others do not possess. You are one of the elite few with potential. Follow the "Great Con-mission" as laid out in my post. Read it. Memorize it. Stick to m ul fruits will reveal themselves in the Time of Ripening.

You need to work a lot more on step 1 before you go over to step 2 and 3. I don't think stocken has fully understood yet what a pathetic, useless creature he is.

P.S.: Pent and repent!
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 18:50
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You need to work a lot more on step 1 before you go over to step 2 and 3. I don't think stocken has fully understood yet what a pathetic, useless creature he is.

P.S.: Pent and repent!
    You are right. I will be more patient next time. I see that your cult has really taken off. Are you getting a lot of money and sex?
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 19:03
    You are right. I will be more patient next time. I see that your cult has really taken off. Are you getting a lot of money and sex?
    Pssst... She doesn't like sex. She's a loathsome creature that seriously needs to change her ways or she'll be condemned to the dry waterhole where everything suffers for an eternity.

So do you!

😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree