1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 00:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok Noobster, can you see, in any way shape of form, how this sort of so called 'art', might be provocative and insensitive to the religious feelings of others? it may be very hard to prove that it was not, and if that is the case, is it ok then for Donnie Davies who is a so called reformed homosexual to sing 'god hates fags', as posted by doctor scribbles? for it may be construed as art as well? it being in the genre of music.
    Of course i can see how this production might be provocative and insensitive to the religious feelings of others. I would suggest that this is probably the reason for perfomance of the play in the first place. When people follow a religion that claims this

"The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense." NLT Translation, Leviticus 20:13

When you also read Christian literature using words like, unnatural, abhorent, unclean, sinful, and perversion when talking about homosexuality i can see why the LGBT community might want to have a pop at Christianity.

But remember Robbie, gays like you Christians as people, it's just your beliefs they don't like.
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 00:13
    sure it is very clear and no need to apologise. if giving offence, with intent or otherwise, is not as you state a sufficient condition to warrant discrimination, then that is fine, however, my point has naught to do with discrimination, but hypocrisy, for how would you fare if you produced a piece of art that was offensive to the gay community, r ...[text shortened]... However, this is not the case, for to do so would be termed homophobic in the present climate.
    Well I support the right of Christians to cause offense to homosexuals just as much as I support the right of homosexuals to cause offense to Christians, so clearly your argument isn't with me.

I'm interested to see if you can imagine a piece of art that would inadvertently offend gay communities though.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 00:161 edit
    i know and i understand what you are saying Noobster ol son, yes there are two sides to this argument, the lines have been drawn. There are many, including some who post on this very forum, who try to reconcile the biblical message and homosexuality, i honestly think that they are mutually exclusive if that is the correct term. It must be remembered that as you state homosexuals may like us as people, its just our beliefs that they have problems with, and we are the same, we like them as people, its just their acts we cannot condone.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 00:20
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Well I support the right of Christians to cause offense to homosexuals just as much as I support the right of homosexuals to cause offense to Christians, so clearly your argument isn't with me.

I'm interested to see if you can imagine a piece of art that would inadvertently offend gay communities though.
    yes this is the real crux of the matter, Christians by their very nature should be inoffensive, ( ok i hold my hands up, i get provoked and lash out, but i am a human and prone to aberration, please forgive, Galvy is a better example! ) would a Christian deliberately provoke such a course of acton through some type of medium, i dont think so, however, can it be said that the converse is true?
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 00:58
    [b]yes i believe that marriage should be between a man a woman, ...
    "Just like the example of Jesus?"[/b]

Reading entire posts would be helpful.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:00
    Originally posted by josephw

The suggestion that Jesus debated the truth of God's Word with anyone is wrong.
    You, sir, do not read the Bible, then.

Off the top of my head I can think of three instances where this happens, and there are probably more if I was to crack the book open.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:072 edits
    Originally posted by Badwater
    "Just like the example of Jesus?"

Reading entire posts would be helpful.[/b]
    i read it and dismissed it on the same basis of the same type of argument that was presented to me once by a young Muslim lady, 'if we were all like Jesus we would stay single and remain unmarried and childless for the duration of our lives....????????'

Miss California - my heroine,
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:14
    http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/04/carrie-prejean-sex-tape-settlement-miss-california-usa-pagneat/
  9. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:21
    yes this is the real crux of the matter, Christians by their very nature should be inoffensive, ( ok i hold my hands up, i get provoked and lash out, but i am a human and prone to aberration, please forgive, Galvy is a better example! ) would a Christian deliberately provoke such a course of acton through some type of medium, i dont think so, however, can it be said that the converse is true?
    The trouble with this point is that some Christians sincerely believe that homosexual activity is wrong. I support their right to say so, but unless they are extremely naive, they will know that to express such sincere beliefs will be offensive to some homosexuals. It is the human condition I fear.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:219 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/04/carrie-prejean-sex-tape-settlement-miss-california-usa-pagneat/
    sorry it was her name gotcha now, what a dope!, i thought prejean was an Americanism, (slaps his head!) also those pics are not so bad, you see worse in Europe every summer! what is your point dear Gambit, did she seek a settlement on behalf of an alleged conspiracy or unfairness and then withdrew as someone found a racy home video? is that not blackmail or is it a question of the morality that formed the basis of her claim? or is it that i claimed she was my heroine? ahh i see, oh but i was not interested in her private life and knew nothing of these details, but that she stood for good old home-made apple-pie American family values! Lol, shall i also withdraw my case and get the nearest plane outa here?
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:471 edit
    sorry it was her name gotcha now, what a dope! , also those pics are not so bad, you see worse in Europe every summer! what is your point dear Gambit, did she seek a settlement on behalf of an alleged conspiracy or unfairness and then withdrew as someone found a racy home video? is that not blackmail or is it a question of morality that formed the basis of her claim?
    Seeing her mentioned in a thread about hypocrisy was just too good to pass up.

Little Ms. Marriage Defender shows by her actions that she doesn't take marriage seriously until gays try to do it.
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 01:48
    i read it and dismissed it ...
    Of course you did. You dismiss much from the Bible.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 02:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    Do you have itchy ears?

Jesus is the teacher. He knows the truth because He is the truth.

The suggestion that Jesus debated the truth of God's Word with anyone is wrong.
    Luke 2:46. You should spend more time reading the Bible.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 05:20
    Homophobes stick together. Why don't you marry eachother?

However - Miss California made a fool of herself, we all know that, but what could she do? It's not her opinion, it's probably her parents, even her subculture, these words come from. If she had a chance to think over her answer again, not after one second with the microphone under her pretty nose, but after a good night sleep, then she would have produced a better, more diplomatic, or more intelligent answer.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 06:43
    My question is why does our value have to depend on our sexual orientation ? In a perfect world it should be irrelevant. Do I get any special rights for being a heterosexual?

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree