1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 11:25
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    What if a satanist call satan to have mercy on your soul? Would you find that appealing? Remember that I don't see your god as a good god. Rather a cruel, jealous, bloodthirsty god. An evil god he is.

How do you see satan?
    I don't, noone does, it's an invention in the bible. If you ask me.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 11:291 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't, noone does, it's an invention in the bible. If you ask me.
    Ok, I understand... it was just that you used it as an example towards KOP. In your description of God, you used attributes and characteristics that are of satan. thx.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 02:48
    Sonhouse,
    Science that isn't proven is worthlessness. It is vain and destructive.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 06:39
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Sonhouse,
    Science that isn't proven is worthlessness. It is vain and destructive.
    Do you mean that the relativity theory was worthless and destructive when the thought hit Einstein? That, because it was at that time, unproven is worthless and destructive?

You are kidding?
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 00:46
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you mean that the relativity theory was worthless and destructive when the thought hit Einstein? That, because it was at that time, unproven is worthless and destructive?

You are kidding?
    Fabian,
    That seems to be a thoughtful response. I have not studied the Einstein theory. What are the hypotheses that are not proven in Science? Evolution and Cosmological Origin is a start. There is no sense in believing science that has not been proven which takes us away from God because the science cannot hurt us spiritually or make us better spiritually. Is that a sensible statement?

I will restate my former declaration. . .science that is not proven that leads a man, woman, boy or girl away from God, is spiritually worthless and destructive.

Our existence on this earth was never known to us before our minds told us so. None of us knew we would exist as a human ahead of time. It happened nonetheless.

Therefore, it is logical to think that we can have a spiritual existence that we don't "know" about in our minds that will be put upon us without our say so, as well. We do not have a say so about this future existence either.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 07:04
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Fabian,
    That seems to be a thoughtful response. I have not studied the Einstein theory. What are the hypotheses that are not proven in Science? Evolution and Cosmological Origin is a start. There is no sense in believing science that has not been proven which takes us away from God because the science cannot hurt us spiritually or make us better spi ...[text shortened]... pon us without our say so, as well. We do not have a say so about this future existence either.
    Every idea starts with a thought from one man, every one of them.

You don't have to study Einstein to believe in Him. It's enough that you use a GPS to believe in it. Without Einsteins relativity, it just wouldn't work.

"There is no sense in believing science that has not been proven which takes us away from God because the science cannot hurt us spiritually or make us better spiritually. Is that a sensible statement?"

No it isn't.
    If something takes you away from God, or hurts you spiritually, then your faith in your god is low. If it is strong, you wouldn't care. If you insist that everyone should believe like you do, it is only because you want others to share your comfort zone so you are not alone.

"I will restate my former declaration..."
    Doesn't change anything. If you use logic then you will fail. If you have trust in your god, no logic is needed.

You make a classic mistake, and it is to try to understand your religion with the aid of science. When you fail in trying combine science with your religion, then you blame science.

Don't mix religion with science, they resides in two different domains. The religion domain is the supernatural. (Your supernatural being, you call God, resurrection, walking on water, prophecies and so on). The scientific domain has nothing to do with any supernatural phenomena. Mix them, and you will fail.

Because if you deny science and scientific methods to gain knowledge, then you can very well, any day, turn Amish. Skip internet, skip computers, skip flying, skip medicine, skip anything that relies on science. Or chose science but keep religion, side by side, in different domains.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 May '14 14:062 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Go to www.veda.harekrsna.cz and go to the search box and type in anything you wish to know about absolute knowledge.
    I did, thanks. I found this:

An expansive religion is one which tends towards social and philosophical inclusiveness. Overall, such faiths tend to be both tolerant of internal differences of opinion, as well as open to positive contributions from outside the institutional bounds of the faith. Generally, they seek to embrace the social, political and philosophical realities that exist outside the sectarian confines of the religion. Expansive religions are inherently open, liberal, progressive and accepting.

It has been argued by numerous scholars and practitioners that the religion of Hinduism is radically expansive by nature.....

Would you say your approach embodies these concepts, particularly when you called for the eradication of Islam from the earth by killing all Muslim men, forcibly teaching their children another religion, calling Muslim men the "most disgusting creatures on earth" etc?

Is this tolerant, inclusive, open, liberal, progressive and accepting?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree