1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 07:07
    Originally posted by Coletti
    So who had the celebrate avatar first, you or Darfius?
    I did. But he's only good to people when they agree with him.
  2. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 11:33
    Originally posted by eagles54
    You have accumulated much good karma from your previous actions in this and past lives. The life you enjoy now is a direct result of the interplay of cause and effect which continually imprints seeds of future experience in the alaya consciousness. Every thought, perception and emotion we experience leaves imprints so it benefits ourselves and others to be ...[text shortened]... action large or small.

May you always enjoy freedom and ease of body, speech, and mind.

"You have accumulated much good karma"

Give me a break, what kind of voo-doo peek-a-boo, New Age, Chicken Spanking garbage is that?
  3. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by Una

Give me a break, what kind of voo-doo peek-a-boo, New Age, Chicken Spanking garbage is that?
    how enlightened of you - "It doesn't fit in with my belief system so let's ridicule it". Nice attitude. As a theory it certainly sounds equally as good as "it's blind luck" or "God choses good things for some people and bad things for others"
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 11:55
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    how enlightened of you - "It doesn't fit in with my belief system so let's ridicule it". Nice attitude. As a theory it certainly sounds equally as good as "it's blind luck" or "God choses good things for some people and bad things for others"

Belgianfreak: "how enlightened of you - "It doesn't fit in with my belief system so let's ridicule it". "

This has become an attitude we can find a lot on RHP forums ....... the people to whom I am referring regard this as their "right", their "enlightened" right ............ know what I'm saying ?
  5. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 12:18
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Belgianfreak: "how enlightened of you - "It doesn't fit in with my belief system so let's ridicule it". "

This has become an attitude we can find a lot on RHP forums ....... the people to whom I am referring regard this as their "right", their "enlightened" right ............ know what I'm saying ?
    no, I don't follow your inference. Many people argue against others viewpoints. A few take the route of belittling the others viewpoint, but there is no one group on one side of the fence that is unique in doing this, which your post indicates is the case.
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 12:20
    Originally posted by Una

Actually Una, it comes from a peaceful tradition that pre-dates Christianity by centuries, and many, many of its unselfish adherents have benefitted and continue to benefit humanity greatly through both incredible and small acts of generosity, compassion, and insightful wisdom.

That's the source of this 'garbage.'

Unfortunately with your attack you further strengthen your mind of confusion by dismissing something out of hand of which you know and care nothing. Ignorance is not bliss, Una. Maybe you should look directly into the nature of the human mind and gain an understanding of karmic cause and result such as practitioners have for millenia.

You wouldn't come off sounding so petty at any rate.
  7. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 13:12
    So who had the celebrate avatar first, you or Darfius?
    Darfius did, but I liked it so much I pinched it...Satan can do what he likes apparently.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 19:48
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Darfius did, but I liked it so much I pinched it...Satan can do what he likes apparently.
    Satan cannot do what he wants. GOD limits all he can do and what he cannot. In fact he has to obey the Laws that GOD created for those that do evil.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 19:56
    Originally posted by Aynat
    I don't understand why I get to sit in my nice little apartment with my wonderful dog waiting for a pizza to come out of the oven in front of my dated little old laptop and enjoy the company of people on-line as I play. I don't understand why I have a car and a job and extra clothing, a box of beads and lots of books........

Why did I get this life of pr ...[text shortened]... nd, why do some who have so much think they have so little? I am not just talking money here....
    What a person has or does not have is up to GOD. All of mankind was created for a purpose that GOD decided long before we were born. There is a greater purpose for mankind than mankind can understand. You, man, or you parents have nothing to do with the purpose that GOD has chosen for your life. You do have the choice to accept that purpose or not.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 20:00
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    What a person has or does not have is up to GOD.
    Oh really? Why do millions of children in Africa and China have AIDS and/or are dying of starvation? Why would GOD decide to torture and kill all these children?
  11. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 22:32
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Oh really? Why do millions of children in Africa and China have AIDS and/or are dying of starvation? Why would GOD decide to torture and kill all these children?
    darvlay.....You are wonderful, with that response you caused to chrystalize the real question in my mind.....

What is the flaw in the relationship of man to God that allows man to allow these horrific contrasts?

What is the flaw in the understanding of man that allows these extremes?

Still quite the question but we are getting closer.....

12. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 23:15
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's a hard question and deserves a serious answer. But it's not one I can answer directly because I can not judge the mind of God. All I know is what He has revealed, not why he allows some to suffer.

I know that according to scripture, we merit far worse than we usually experience - and no one is excluded. Not even children.

What I "feel" like saying is children don't deserve to suffer, but what I know is that we all deserve even worse. I am not going to try to make excuses for suffering - it is all within God's plan. And saying God is cruel is to judge God on the level of man, and we have no standing to judge God.

I also don't know what happens to those children. I believe that those who die without hearing the gospel, may still be saved. But honestly - it would be speculation on my part - for scripture does not tell us. There is clear evidence of babies receiving faith even before that could articulate it, so there is hope. But that's all I can say.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 23:38
    It's a hard question and deserves a serious answer. But it's not one I can answer directly because I can not judge the mind of God. All I know is what He has revealed, not why he allows some to suffer.

I know that according to scripture, we merit far worse than we usually experience - and no one is excluded. Not even children.

What I "feel" li ...[text shortened]... iving faith even before that could articulate it, so there is hope. But that's all I can say.

The level of hatred that you "Christians" express for the human race truly sickens me. And I see nothing in the words of Jesus to merit a conclusion that the human race is vile or evil, so I put the term "Christian" in quotes. Maybe you people should read the Gospels and heed Jesus' words of compassion and kindness for your fellow man, not the message of self-loathing for your own kind that you wallow in.
  14. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    09 Apr '05 00:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder

The level of hatred that you "Christians" express for the human race truly sickens me. And I see nothing in the words of Jesus to merit a conclusion that the human race is vile or evil, so I put the term "Christia ...[text shortened]... for your fellow man, not the message of self-loathing for your own kind that you wallow in.
    because the mind set on the flesh
    is hostile toward God; for it does not
    subject itself to the law of God, for it
    is not even able to do so, (Rom 8:7
    NASB)

And although you were formerly alienated
    and hostile in mind, engaged in evil
    deeds, (Col 1:21 NASB)

"For out of the heart come evil
    thoughts, murders, adulteries,
    fornications, thefts, false witness,
    slanders. (Mat 15:19 NASB)

in which you formerly walked according
    to the course of this world, according
    to the prince of the power of the air,
    of the spirit that is now working in the
    sons of disobedience. (Eph 2:2 NASB)

Among them we too all formerly lived in
    the lusts of our flesh, indulging the
    desires of the flesh and of the mind,
    and were by nature children of wrath,
    even as the rest. (Eph 2:3 NASB)

But each one is tempted when he is
    carried away and enticed by his own
    lust. Then when lust has conceived, it
    gives birth to sin; and when sin is
    accomplished, it brings forth death.
    (Jam 1:14-15 NASB)

"The heart is more deceitful than all
    else And is desperately sick; Who can
    understand it? (Jer 17:9 NASB)

To the pure, all things are pure; but to
    those who are defiled and unbelieving,
    nothing is pure, but both their mind and
    their conscience are defiled. (Tit 1:15
    NASB)

If we say that we have no sin, we are
    deceiving ourselves and the truth is not
    in us. (1Jo 1:8 NASB)

For as many as are of the works of the
    Law are under a curse; for it is
    written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES
    NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE
    BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM." (Gal
    3:10 NASB)

For the wages of sin is death, but the
    free gift of God is eternal life in
    Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 6:23 NASB)

Why should any living mortal, or any
    man, Offer complaint in view of his
    sins? (Lam 3:39 NASB)

"Then He will also say to those on His
    left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones,
    into the eternal fire which has been
    prepared for the devil and his angels;
    (Mat 25:41 NASB)

These will pay the penalty of eternal
    destruction, away from the presence of
    the Lord and from the glory of His
    power, (2Th 1:9 NASB)

15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Apr '05 00:19
    because the mind set on the flesh
    is hostile toward God; for it does not
    subject itself to the law of God, for it
    is not even able to do so, (Rom 8:7
    NASB)

And although you were formerly alienated
    and hostile in mind, engaged in evil
    deeds, (Col 1:21 NASB)

"For out of the heart come evil
    thoughts, murders, adulteries,
    fornications, th ...[text shortened]... , away from the presence of
    the Lord and from the glory of His
    power, (2Th 1:9 NASB)

Two quotes from Jesus in that whole post and neither supports your contention that man's nature is vile or evil or that we all merit more suffering on Earth than we receive. Matthew 15 talks of evil thoughts which lead to various sins; so what? That doesn't mean every person deserves more suffering including infants! In Matthew 25 Jesus is describing Judgment Day and the ones on the left have damned themselves by not doing acts of kindness and compassion to their fellow man. Again, those are the DAMNED and they are damned not because they are human, but because they acted towards humans the way someone who has contempt and loathing for humanity would be expected to. Try reading the Sermon on the Mount (you've heard of that, haven't you?).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree