1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 12:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Do you ever get weary of being righteously wrathful? Seems like it'd be hard to maintain that level of holy rage ALL the time. What do you do to relax?
    Revelation 22:11-12

11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The LAMB cometh and right soon. His humble servants will see their just reward and His righteous wrath upon the wicked will be dreadful to behold.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 12:51
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    The LAMB cometh and right soon.
    Lets see, that was written about 2000 years ago and the LAMB hasn't cometh yet. Or is this one of those "a thousand years is but a day to the God" moments? Does that mean that we can expect him in the next 10,000 years or so?
  3. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 12:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Fat fingers is one thing.

A fat mouth spewing out inaccuracies about the Bible is another.
    (Checks jowls in mirror)

I'm trying to control myself at lunch, okay? I have a metabolism problem.

Online, fat fingers = fat mouth.
  4. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 12:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Lets see, that was written about 2000 years ago and the LAMB hasn't cometh yet. Or is this one of those "a thousand years is but a day to the God" moments? Does that mean that we can expect him in the next 10,000 years or so?
    Man, don't antagonize him. He's worse than Freaky when he gets mad.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 13:50
    I didn't hear a real answer to the question about Lucifer. I thought he got kicked out of heaven for unspecified crimes, if so, it would appear you CAN commit crimes in heaven and have a consequence as a result. Any arguments there?
  6. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 15:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I didn't hear a real answer to the question about Lucifer. I thought he got kicked out of heaven for unspecified crimes, if so, it would appear you CAN commit crimes in heaven and have a consequence as a result. Any arguments there?
    Lucifer wasn't a person he was an angel. Maybe the same rules don't apply. There are varying accounts of what he did. One is that he became to vain and self centred. Another is that he refused to bow to man after God created him. Apparently God told the angels to bow to him and Lucifer wouldn't because he would only bow to God. Fairly, God sent him to hell.

To be honest I think its simpler to say that heaven doesn't exist. There is no reason why it should other then in peoples imagination so that they can find comfort in the fact that good people have a good reward and bad people are punished. That, and the fear of oblivion. However unfair it may sound, I'd argue that there is no afterlife. This is all we have and everyone gets the same when they die. Maybe heaven is a source of comfort but as they say, ignorance is bliss. Of course arguing about what heaven is like is fairly pointless. Even from the perspective of a believer there is no way of knowing.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 15:051 edit
    Revelation 22:11-12

11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The LAMB co ...[text shortened]... s will see their just reward and His righteous wrath upon the wicked will be dreadful to behold.
    When Christ does come again physically, most people will think it is too soon rather than too late.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 15:45
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    [b]Typical sinner's response! If you love sinning so much, then there is a place reserved in hell for you, heathen.

Nice.

Obviously I would consider crimes such as stealing or murder to be wrong, but I also know a lot of Christians believe some things to be morally wrong, that I would disagree with. I don't consider myself to be sinning. I thi ...[text shortened]... l salvation is yours! If you lose you'll be tortured forever!' Who said we wanted to play?[/b]
    "I don't consider myself to be sinning."

So you've never lied, checked out a hot girl, coveted your neighbor's iPod, slept in on the weekends, etc.?

What's your rationale for arbitrarily exempting yourself from following some of God's commands?

"Who said we wanted to play?"

You're playing, whether you like it or not. The creator of the Game has his reasons for making us play. No, you're not allowed to ask what they are. You just need to have faith.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I will bask in HIS glory and you will burn in a lake of fire. Hwo's laughing nowe?
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:14
    I will bask in HIS glory and you will burn in a lake of fire. Hwo's laughing nowe?
    I should think it'll be the other way about with an attitude like that. Your god is, apparently, just, and not without a sense of irony too, I might add.
  11. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:15
    God, you're a jerk. Way to be judgmental of others. You think your God wants to see you threatening others with hell?

What kind of love is that?
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:15
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You're playing, whether you like it or not. The creator of the Game has his reasons for making us play.
    Do you ever stop and listen to yourself? I mean, what garbage you spew forth.

Begone foul shade!
  13. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:43
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    God, you're a jerk. Way to be judgmental of others. You think your God wants to see you threatening others with hell?

What kind of love is that?
    Jude 1:15 execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

You are ungodly and have spoken against Him. Therefore you are a sinner and will burn in Hell. Is that so hard to understand? Are you too stupied to see that? Accept God or burn, simple.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:47
    Jude 1:15 execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

You are ungodly and have spoken against Him. Therefore you are a sinner and will burn in Hell. Is that so hard to understand? Are you too stupied to see that? Accept God or burn, simple.
    You and your kind disgust me!

"There's only one judge on this Earth and that's God, so chill and let my fathah do his job"

- Salt n' Pepa
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 16:48

I'd say that's up to him, not you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree