1. Joined
    26 Apr '15
    Moves
    17 May '15 18:11
    I think many people here have below average intelligence.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '15 18:211 edit
    Originally posted by dominuslatrunculorum
    Luckily, nearly half of all people have above average intelligence.
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '15
    Moves
    17 May '15 18:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That only makes sense if you define the average as the median.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '15 18:28
    That only makes sense if you define the average as the median.
    mean and median are approximately in the same place on bell curves.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '15 19:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is because most of the ones below average in intelligence are way below average. 😏
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 May '15 20:03
    To be honest, i question the intelligence behind the creation of this thread.

😞
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 May '15 21:03
    The terrifying thing is that perfectly intelligent people can make the most awful decisions and say the most stupid things. I think it's a mistake to make assumptions about people's intelligence based solely on their comments on internet forums. There's something about the medium which brings out the dipstick in people.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '15 21:20
    Super inteligence behind DNA

YouTube

TOP DNA SCIENTIST CONVINCED OF GOD

YouTube

Atheist Physicists Prove God. Anthropic Principle Fails

YouTube
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 May '15 21:38
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The terrifying thing is that perfectly intelligent people can make the most awful decisions and say the most stupid things. I think it's a mistake to make assumptions about people's intelligence based solely on their comments on internet forums. There's something about the medium which brings out the dipstick in people.
    Add that to discussions on religion, a topic well known for it's civil, calm, and well reasoned discourse...
  10. Joined
    26 Apr '15
    Moves
    17 May '15 23:24
    if there is a bell curve.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 May '15 00:30
    if there is a bell curve.
    There is definitely a Bell curve, what it is applicable to is another matter.
  12. Joined
    26 Apr '15
    Moves
    18 May '15 02:49
    There is not necessarily a bell curve of intelligence in any sample of people, and median and mean cannot be assumed to be the same.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '15 07:11
    There is not necessarily a bell curve of intelligence in any sample of people, and median and mean cannot be assumed to be the same.
    I did not talk about 'any sample off people'. I do think the intelligence of the worlds people approximates the bell curve. I could be wrong. However, the median and mean are almost certainly close to each other: depending on what scale you use to measure intelligence I suppose.
    I remains a reasonable guess to think that about half of all people have above average intelligence.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 May '15 08:112 edits
    God loves people at different levels of intelligence.
    God manifests Himself to people of vastly different levels of smarts.
    It is intelligent to recognize this.

I consider Albert Einstien to be an example of a very intelligent person. Yet poor intelligent Einstien could not make it to be faithful to his first wife about which he made sacred vows. His great intellect could not save him from the temptation to grow cold and unfaithful to the wife of his youth.

The poor intelligent sinner who needed the forgiveness and salvation in Jesus Christ. The poor super intelligent Einstien needed the empowering of the Holy Spirit to be a proper upright human being escaping the iniquity of marital unfaithfulness.

The very intelligent need forgiveness from their transgressions along with the below average intelligent.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '15 08:43
    Originally posted by sonship
    Yet poor intelligent Einstien could not make it to be faithful to his first wife about which he made sacred vows.
    I am not sure they were sacred vows given that he wasn't a theist.

His great intellect could not save him from the temptation to grow cold and unfaithful to the wife of his youth.
    One does not 'grow cold' as a result of temptation. Unfaithful, yes, but not coldness.

The poor super intelligent Einstien needed the empowering of the Holy Spirit to be a proper upright human being escaping the iniquity of marital unfaithfulness.
    It is a pity that you lack the empowering of the Holy Spirit to be a proper upright human being. Or do you claim to be morally perfect?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree