27 Jun '11 22:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    Where you one of them? Interesting take if so

Manny
    No, I was lucky enough to get enough teachings from my church going
    days as a youth to realize something was not right about their teachings,
    so I began to ask questions and check the Holy Bible to see if what they
    taught was so. I came to the conclusion it was not. Therefore, I never
    became a door-to-door salesman for them.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 22:34
    I do think though that Christians should think are they willing to do for the truth what a cult is willing to do for a lie? I think this where some people get to hating Christians because all they see is fat cats a kinda materialistic Christianity which Christ never taught 🙂 Good stuff never the less. I think when we hit the nerve with truth we see the truth.

Manny
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 22:43
    I do think though that Christians should think are they willing to do for the truth what a cult is willing to do for a lie? I think this where some people get to hating Christians because all they see is fat cats a kinda materialistic Christianity which Christ never taught 🙂 Good stuff never the less. I think when we hit the nerve with truth we see the truth.

Manny
    But they are really slaves to a lie. Whereas, a true Christian is set free by the
    truth.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But they are really slaves to a lie. Whereas, a true Christian is set free by the
    truth.
    Your the slave as your church will kick you out for not accepting the trinity, right?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:10
    Explain in the NAME of as opposed to in the NAMES of?

Jesus could easily have said baptize in the NAMES of the father the son and the spirit
    But he did not why?

Manny
    If that were the case then it would say: In the name of God but there is a definite sepration of the two beings there. And what again is the name of the Holy Spirit and why did no one ever call Jesus by the name Jehovah if they are truly the same? Wouldn't have Jesus answered to both or at least explained that he was also Jehovah?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:12
    No, I was lucky enough to get enough teachings from my church going
    days as a youth to realize something was not right about their teachings,
    so I began to ask questions and check the Holy Bible to see if what they
    taught was so. I came to the conclusion it was not. Therefore, I never
    became a door-to-door salesman for them.
    So it was your opinion that we were wrong? That's fine but it's just your opinion, right?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:13
    I have already explained it to them, maybe a month ago, but there
    heads are up there ass. So the don't know. It is almost like talking
    to a wall. They just act like idiots and stick to what they have been
    indoctrinated to believe and still think they are the only ones following
    the teachings of Jesus and God the Father.
    Ditto except for the a_ _ part. I would never say that about you or Manny.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Uhhhh, nope. Not ever! The Bible does not teach it so I'm not falling for satan's trickery.
    Look, we will leave aside the issue of whether the Trinity is a valid doctrine. The point here is whether it is of pagan origin. Even if you believe it is a false doctrine and part of Satan's wicked plan of deception, this does not mean it was pagan. Can you point to a single pagan Trinity, that is, where there is one God, of one nature, subsisting in three persons? If you cannot do that, then I doubt you have a case.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:21
    Your the slave as your church will kick you out for not accepting the trinity, right?
    And wouldn't your church kick you out if you denied that Jesus is the archangel Michael?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:33
    I just want them to see there is a whole word outside of the JW cult and they can still love God and people and still go door to door and not all of Christendom is some lie of Satan as G-75 likes to say. They seem to be ignorant of history even of their own organization. History does not happen in a vacuum. Where they quote history it's usually faulty. Exam ...[text shortened]... e is how early the Church fathers discussed the ideas and concept of the trinity.

Manny
    Manny..most of all JW's came out of other religions as I've said to you many times, I know you understand what I'm saying but your being silly now.
    In fact most that I personally know were of other religions and most did not agree with their teachings and many know as much if not more then you with what they were taught. We also have thousands and thousands of hours of research done by many, many in the organization and the bottom line on it all is we want the truth of the Bible. Not mans thoughts or schools of theology or man's traditions or ideas. We want the truth and the truth only. If even one scripture does not agree with a thought we keep researching and thru prayer keep working until it all agrees as it should and as you and whatever religion you might be following should.
    Is not a truth the truth? Can there be one untruth allowed in it and still be truth?
    Can you honestly deep in your heart say that every scripture in the Bible completely supports the trinity? If you say yes I feel your not being honest with yourself. That is a sad thing.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:39
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    And wouldn't your church kick you out if you denied that Jesus is the archangel Michael?
    No...where do you get that idea from? But if one did not agree with such a simple poit they no doubt would not agree with others. Then if they didn't agree they can leave if they want.
    But if they still profess to be a Witness to others and lead a life of some type of gross sinful actions , they may eventually be disfellowshipped and that is to not allow reproach on our God Jehovah.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 00:41
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Look, we will leave aside the issue of whether the Trinity is a valid doctrine. The point here is whether it is of pagan origin. Even if you believe it is a false doctrine and part of Satan's wicked plan of deception, this does not mean it was pagan. Can you point to a single pagan Trinity, that is, where there is one God, of one nature, subsisting in three persons? If you cannot do that, then I doubt you have a case.
    Oh my gosh...Are you not following all the threads with all the links we've posted? If not go back and look and I don't have the time to help you find them. Sorry.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 01:56
    "first formulated by Tertullian"

so WHO is this guy?

What makes his opinion right -was he another Messiah or Prophet or something?

Why didnt he strat another religion (was he just lazy) ...; this whole religion thing gets weirder and weirder!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 02:07
    So it was your opinion that we were wrong? That's fine but it's just your opinion, right?
    At the time, it was just my opinion;but as it turned out, I was right.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 02:10
    Ditto except for the a_ _ part. I would never say that about you or Manny.
    Sorry, it's a figure of speech.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree