1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    None of them will be going to heaven.

Only those who have trusted in Christ will go to heaven.

I hope this isn't too complicated!
    I see. So, newborns who die before reaching an age at which they have the epistemic capacity to trust in Christ do not go to heaven? Is it really as simple as you say?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:00
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    And, of course, no member of these religions trusts in Christ.
    I think some Protestants do.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:06
    And, of course, no member of these religions trusts in Christ.
    How should I know?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:07
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I see. So, newborns who die before reaching an age at which they have the epistemic capacity to trust in Christ do not go to heaven? Is it really as simple as you say?
    God always receives children into heaven. What kind of a guy do you think He is?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:10
    I think some Protestants do.
    Josephw said that "None of them will be going to heaven." Presumably, that includes all Protestants.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:122 edits
    Josephw said that "None of them will be going to heaven." Presumably, that includes all Protestants.
    Apparently the population of Heaven will be predominantly comprised of miscarried embryos (more than 50% of these "die" after conception). Makes you wonder what all the fuss is about this "trusting in Christ" when the majority get a free pass.

EDIT: Meant to reply to josephw's post.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Apparently the population of Heaven will be predominantly comprised of miscarried embryos (more than 50% of these "die" after conception). Makes you wonder what all the fuss is about this "trusting in Christ" when the majority get a free pass.

EDIT: Meant to reply to josephw's post.
    So?
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:181 edit
    God always receives children into heaven. What kind of a guy do you think He is?
    So, is your claim that "only those who have trusted in Christ will go to heaven" false? Haven't we just constructed a counterexample, since babies go to heaven without having trusted in Christ?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:32
    So, is your claim that "only those who have trusted in Christ will go to heaven" false? Haven't we just constructed a counterexample, since babies go to heaven without having trusted in Christ?
    Good point!

I'll rephrase.

Only those of the age of accountability who have trusted in Christ go to heaven, and those who die before the age of accountability go to heaven too.
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:35
    Perhaps "the lamb's book of life" has a special addenda section at the foot of each page to allow for the insertion of convenient dispensations whenever they become expedient.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:36
    Good point!

I'll rephrase.

Only those of the age of accountability who have trusted in Christ go to heaven, and those who die before the age of accountability go to heaven too.
    Well, this is getting quite complicated already.

Would a person who once trusted in Christ and then stopped trusting in Christ go to heaven?
  12. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    30 May '08 22:39
    Good point!

I'll rephrase.

can you tell us what age that is and quote the authority from whence this rule eminated?
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    30 May '08 23:37
    Good point!

I'll rephrase.

Some profoundly developmentally disabled folk reach the age of accountability without acquiring the necessary intellectual capacities to conceive of Christ, let alone trust in Christ. Do they also get to go to Heaven?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '08 23:42
    Well, this is getting quite complicated already.

Would a person who once trusted in Christ and then stopped trusting in Christ go to heaven?
    Depends on who you talk to.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 May '08 00:57
    Depends on who you talk to.
    Uh...I think they're trying to talk to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree