1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 May '08 01:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    Good point!

I'll rephrase.

Only those of the age of accountability who have trusted in Christ go to heaven, and those who die before the age of accountability go to heaven too.
    What about a hypothetical person who has reached the age of accountability but has never even heard of Christ?

Also, what about gay folks who trust in Christ? Won't they contaminate heaven with all their gayness if they are let in?
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 May '08 01:24
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    What about a hypothetical person who has reached the age of accountability but has never even heard of Christ?
    These people wake up in a room containing a Bible, a Koran, the Upanishads, etc. and are asked to choose wisely...
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    31 May '08 01:49
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    As it turns out, you're right. I just conducted a computer simulation, the complexity of which is far too great to elaborate upon here, to arrive at estimates of the expected proportion of each group that goes to heaven, included in the revised list below:

1. Catholics: 96%
    2. Protestants: 92%
    3. Mormons: 41%
    4. Jews: 23%
    5. Muslims: 7.7 ...[text shortened]... Hindus: 7.1%
    7. Buddhists: 6.8%
    8. Agnostics: 6.1%
    9. Atheists: 6.0%
    10. Satanists: 5.1%
    If I may, let me mess this up more for you. What about those in 12 Step programs where they seek to have a relationship with "the God of their understanding"?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 May '08 02:29
    Originally posted by bbarr
    These people wake up in a room containing a Bible, a Koran, the Upanishads, etc. and are asked to choose wisely...
    Heh. The following awaits those who "choose poorly":

YouTube&feature=related
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 07:30
    As it turns out, you're right. I just conducted a computer simulation, the complexity of which is far too great to elaborate upon here, to arrive at estimates of the expected proportion of each group that goes to heaven, included in the revised list below:

1. Catholics: 96%
    2. Protestants: 92%
    3. Mormons: 41%
    4. Jews: 23%
    5. Muslims: 7.7 ...[text shortened]... Hindus: 7.1%
    7. Buddhists: 6.8%
    8. Agnostics: 6.1%
    9. Atheists: 6.0%
    10. Satanists: 5.1%
    Are we talking about the chance that a member of a given religion / belief system /ideology / lack of belief system gets into heaven or the chance that a given belief system is right and therefore every member gets into heaven?
    I assume the former as atheists being right could not really get them into heaven could it?
    So you are saying that out of every 1000 satanists, God lets 51 into heaven? I guess that the only way to punish and satanist (who clearly wants to get to hell), is to put in him heaven.
    But then we really should have distinguished between the Satanists who are theists that pray to Satan and the Satanists who are Atheists that use Satan to make Christians uncomfortable.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 08:22
    I have listed the following groups in descending order of likelihood of going to heaven. Please suggest any revisions to help me get this straight if I am mistaken.

1. Catholics
    2. Protestants
    3. Mormons
    4. Jews
    5. Muslims
    6. Buddhists
    7. Hindus
    8. Agnostics
    9. Atheists
    10. Satanists
    lol i am going to hell.

anyone heard of the orthodox religion? the greeks and russians and of course the badass romanians are very pissed at you
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 11:05
    I have listed the following groups in descending order of likelihood of going to heaven. Please suggest any revisions to help me get this straight if I am mistaken.

1. Catholics
    2. Protestants
    3. Mormons
    4. Jews
    5. Muslims
    6. Buddhists
    7. Hindus
    8. Agnostics
    9. Atheists
    10. Satanists
    Buddhists, Atheists and Satanists going to heaven???
    I guess even if you don't believe in heaven you can end up there.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 01:53
    God always receives children into heaven. What kind of a guy do you think He is?
    Old testament god as depicted in the bible is clearly a psychopath. Wiping out cities and encouraging the men of Israel to take women and female children as plunder of war are the actions of a criminal lunatic by modern standards. I hope this clarifies what I think of Yahweh, his apologist Christ and his sheep followers.
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 09:13
    So a child can be an absolute terrorist and still get into heaven because his age is (X-1) + (354 days)? Whereas the 'good' boy who reached the age of X, but never accepted Christ will be denied by the bouncer angels?

BTW, what is X?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 10:28
    Originally posted by Diodorus Siculus
    Old testament god as depicted in the bible is clearly a psychopath. Wiping out cities and encouraging the men of Israel to take women and female children as plunder of war are the actions of a criminal lunatic by modern standards. I hope this clarifies what I think of Yahweh, his apologist Christ and his sheep followers.
    "I hope this clarifies what I think..."

It only clarifies your ignorance.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 18:242 edits
    [b]"I hope this clarifies what I think..."

It only clarifies your ignorance.[/b]
    Thanks for that christian. So I take it you condone all the actions of old testament angry god (Yahweh)? He really does sound like a blood thirsty lunatic. What sort of god is this anyway? So angry with the world and the people he allegedly created and then, to calm himself down, demanded the blood of his own son (who was also himself..) to buy off your own wrath against your pets? It is absurd and glad I don't waste too much time on it except for comic value. You couldn't make it up or actually you could and we did.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 00:38

1. Catholics
    2. Protestants
    3. Mormons
    4. Jews
    5. Muslims
    6. Buddhists
    7. Hindus
    8. Agnostics
    9. Atheists
    10. Satanists
    What makes you think this order is correct?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree