1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:40
    ...not to fear God.

If there is a God that created all that exists, then all that exists belongs to God.

Right?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...not to fear God.

If there is a God that created all that exists, then all that exists belongs to God.

Right?
    Not necessarily. Maybe He sold the rights to Disney and everything that exists belongs to them.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Not necessarily. Maybe He sold the rights to Disney and everything that exists belongs to them.
    You're just dying to believe aren't you? 😳
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:28
    ...not to fear God.

Right?
    So you're saying it is wise to fear "God",right?

All belongs to god, but only in the sense that it belongs to no one.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So you're saying it is wise to fear "God",right?

All belongs to god, but only in the sense that it belongs to no one.
    "So you're saying it is wise to fear "God",right?"

What's to stop Him from doing what He wants?

"All belongs to god, but only in the sense that it belongs to no one."

Here you get a bit obtuse karoly. It is an absolute that, if God created all, then all belongs to Him. The concept is undilutable.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:491 edit
    ...not to fear God.

Right?
    How could there exist a God that created all that exists? In order for that to be the case, He would have to have created Himself, too, right? How would that work, exactly?

True...vacuously true, since the antecedent is false.

The following is also true: If there is a God that created all that exists, then nothing belongs to God.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:03
    [b]"So you're saying it is wise to fear "God",right?"

Here you get a bit obtuse karoly. It is an absolute that, if God created all, then all belongs to Him. The concept is undilutable.[/b]
    "Whats to stop him from doing what he wants?", how in the hell does that question answer my question. I can infer an answer, but really, you could've just said "Yes, hell yes. Fear him like you have never feared before." , or something in that vein.

Whats to stop him from doing what he wants? What kind of question is that? It infers all kinds of implied concepts that are by no means agreed upon by any majority group, except maybe the christians.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:05
    The only thing to fear is fear itself, and God. 🙂
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:06
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    How could there exist a God that created all that exists? In order for that to be the case, He would have to have created Himself, too, right? How would that work, exactly?

[b]If there is a God that created all that exists, then all that exists belongs to God.

True...vacuously true, since the antecedent is false.

The following is also true: If there is a God that created all that exists, then nothing belongs to God.[/b]
    Not to mention the concept of ownership, which is erroneous as it implies dualism, is counterintuitive to the understanding of any workable concept of God.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:07
    "Whats to stop him from doing what he wants?", how in the hell does that question answer my question. I can infer an answer, but really, you could've just said "Yes, hell yes. Fear him like you have never feared before." , or something in that vein.

Whats to stop him from doing what he wants? What kind of question is that? It infers all kinds of impl ...[text shortened]... ncepts that are by no means agreed upon by any majority group, except maybe the christians.
    The concept behind fearing God is to shune evil. In other words, wisdom comes when you realize that "sin", i.e. not doing Gods will, causes pain and suffering in your life and in the life of others.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:08
    Not to mention the concept of ownership, which is erroneous as it implies dualism, is counterintuitive to the understanding of any workable concept of God.
    Everything belongs to God....although he does make a variety of short term loans. 😛
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    The only thing to fear is fear itself, and God. 🙂
    The most fear I've ever experienced was the fear that I "held onto" in my own mind. It was false and I feel much wiser for undertanding, through direct experience, that fear has nothing to do with God.

Fearing God?!?! Pfft. Such a backward concept.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:11
    [b]"So you're saying it is wise to fear "God",right?"

Here you get a bit obtuse karoly. It is an absolute that, if God created all, then all belongs to Him. The concept is undilutable.[/b]

The fact that He does not exist, perhaps?

Surely you must understand that this is not the best way to witness. Why don't you present actual evidential reasons that bear materially on the question of whether or not He exists? Or do you just not have any?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Everything belongs to God....although he does make a variety of short term loans. 😛
    The energy of the universe, which some call "God", is not interested in ownership. Only unenlightened demi-gods are under this erroneous assumption, ie. that we can own stuff and gain power through the ownership of stuff.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    The concept behind fearing God is to shune evil. In other words, wisdom comes when you realize that "sin", i.e. not doing Gods will, causes pain and suffering in your life and in the life of others.
    Wisdom comes through responsiveness to good practical reasons at one's disposal. Contrary to what you say, this has nothing to do with the will of some magical sky fairy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree