1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 14:47
    @chaney3 said
    My understanding is that if a person decides to utilize their free will to commit an act of evil, God let's it happen. He can't interfere, otherwise it's not free will.
    There is nothing in the Bible to support this notion.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 14:52
    @divegeester said
    There is nothing in the Bible to support this notion.
    If God can interfere with man's free will, why didn't He stop Hitler? Why doesn't He stop the ugly sex trafficking of young girls that happens now?

By God's own doing, once He gave free will He has to abide by it.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 15:09
    @chaney3 said
    So again, why didn't Jesus help John the Baptist?

Possible answers:

It was God's will to have John killed in the manner in which he did, beheaded.

It was God's will to save John, but He couldn't interfere with the free will of the mother and daughter who requested the head of John the Baptist.

*****I'm just a bit curious where the confidence level of prayers should be when God won't interfere with free will*****
    Jesus told us that God is the God of the living not the dead, He said that when He was speaking about people who left this life long ago. The point being our lives don’t end here when we leave we go to our Creator. What happens here is we are either being transformed into beings like Christ by God, or not.

Now in this life we walk by faith in reality which we don’t see clearly and understand, somethings we get it right, others not so much. How we walk molds us as life occurs when the good and the bad happen.

With God in the end all of the illusions, our misconceptions, self-deception will disappear and we will be authentic and will be apart of the Kingdom of God, not one observing from the outside, but sons and daughters of the most High God.

So leaving this life isn’t the end, for some all their hopes perish because they were all about what is in this life, others have a foretaste with the Holy Spirit of the Eternal One, death here is swallowed up in Christ’s victory over death, hell, and grave. John simply left this place for the next, something everyone of us are going to do, even if Jesus saved him then he would still die.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 16:161 edit
    @chaney3 said
    If God can interfere with man's free will, why didn't He stop Hitler? Why doesn't He stop the ugly sex trafficking of young girls that happens now?

By God's own doing, once He gave free will He has to abide by it.
    I’m not sure, you’ll have to ask him.

But to my point; there is nothing in the bible which supports the assertion that God doesn’t interfere with free will.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 16:25
    @divegeester said

But to my point; there is nothing in the bible which supports the assertion that God doesn’t interfere with free will.
    I guess you're trying to be witty telling me to "ask Him", but that's an easy way to dodge the valid point that there's not much evidence in real life that Goes does interfere with man's free will. I'm not sure how the Bible addresses the issue, but watching any news report on any day will provide ample evidence of one man's free will imposing upon another man's life.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 00:11
    @chaney3 said
    I guess you're trying to be witty telling me to "ask Him"
    How is me asking you to “ask God” supposed to be witty?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 00:121 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Ibut that's an easy way to dodge the valid point that there's not much evidence in real life that Goes does interfere with man's free will.
    What would you class as evidence that God has intervened with free will?

What do you mean by “real life”?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 00:14
    @chaney3 said
    Ibut watching any news report on any day will provide ample evidence of one man's free will imposing upon another man's life.
    If “one man” can impose his will over another man, why can’t god do so?
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 20:55
    @divegeester said

We now get into the realms of what’s defined as free will. There are plenty of instances where God allows certain thoughts to occur in peoples hearts. One could argue that this is interfering with free will. It only seems to be done in accordance with a Devine purpose.

Again it is written that people are called to the faith.

You clearly do get free will and choices, but sometimes you get heavily nudged eg Jonah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree