1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 08:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Only enlightened people can enlighten others.
    Jesus was enlightened and could only enlighten 10 people....and the rest murdered him.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 08:25
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Let me add something...

The whole world is suffering, and that suffering is increased because of false teachings and false beliefs.

In this forum people hold onto false teachings as tightly as possibe, and not because they have truth, but because of their selfish materialistic personal agendas....this is called dishonesty, and i will not tolerate it ...[text shortened]... us people saying we have only one life and the soul is created at birth....all this is nonsense.
    Very courageous and admiring post, vishva =]
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 08:26
    Jesus was enlightened and could only enlighten 10 people....and the rest murdered him.
    Fact

Those that choose to -open their ears- TO true enlightenment -HEAR- it!

Well said, vishva =]
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 10:34
    Let me add something...

The whole world is suffering, and that suffering is increased because of false teachings and false beliefs.

In this forum people hold onto false teachings as tightly as possibe, and not because they have truth, but because of their selfish materialistic personal agendas....this is called dishonesty, and i will not tolerate it ...[text shortened]... us people saying we have only one life and the soul is created at birth....all this is nonsense.
    Why would it imply that they are dishonest. Why can't they be deluded in your view?

You are certainly deluded in my view, but I wouldn't consider you dishonest.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 11:44
    One Zen master enlightened 500 disciples. Another enlightened only one. I see no difference, They both did their jobs.
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 11:461 edit
    Let me add something...

“...The whole world is suffering, and that suffering is increased because of false teachings and false beliefs. ...”

Grant you that having delusional beliefs (which includes yours) doesn't help, but “suffering is increased BECAUSE of false teachings and false beliefs”? In another thread you were apparently dismissive of all science -even medical science! (which you said does nothing to stop suffering). How would, for example, medical science INCREASE suffering? -I mean, it is clearly obvious that it generally does the exact opposite!
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 11:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh touchy touchy, i did not realise, i am sorry, i shall leave you to find enlightenment in peace, sincerely sorry that is.
    You are a piece of work sometimes. Get a grip. I really dont think you are in the spirit of my post and I feel offended. But more than that, I fell ashamed for you.

Touchy? so what? Is that supposed to get under my skin?
    Try again.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 11:53
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Very courageous and admiring post, vishva =]
    Vishy-stop the negativity. It is getting you nowhere. I know you are just trying to tell the truth, but if we followed what you say literally, we should all just off oursleves- there is no way we could live up to your lofty standards, and if we did, we would all be drones.
    I really dont see what you expect of people. What? everyone read the Vedas? Variety is the spice of life and the "truth"can be found within and in other scouces. What happened to Neal Donald Walsh?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 17:37
    One Zen master enlightened 500 disciples. Another enlightened only one. I see no difference, They both did their jobs.
    I can only comment from the level I find myself, and if one person a year decides to study Vedanta, then I am very happy, and I am not concerned for being popular, so I will tell the truth in all circumstances, and I am not concerned if someones false beliefs get trashed.

It is not my responsibility to enlighten anyone,.......it is the studying of Vedanta, and the practicing of Vedanta principle of purification, that will give the person the enlightenment they seek. NOT ME
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 17:58
    I can only comment from the level I find myself, and if one person a year decides to study Vedanta, then I am very happy, and I am not concerned for being popular, so I will tell the truth in all circumstances, and I am not concerned if someones false beliefs get trashed.

It is not my responsibility to enlighten anyone,.......it is the studying of Ved ...[text shortened]... anta principle of purification, that will give the person the enlightenment they seek. NOT ME
    You are entirely mistaken if you truly think that you can 'trash' someone's beliefs, false or otherwise, by rudely dismissing them. Furthermore I would guess that your unpleasant manner will make it less likely that people who read your posts will go on to study the scripture you purport to champion. Of course I realise that popularity is not your primary concern here, but how do you feel about the possibility that you are actually steering people away from what you believe to be the truth?
  11. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 18:01
    ...so these chants...cure people?...for real?..who needs O'bama care!
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 18:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You are entirely mistaken if you truly think that you can 'trash' someone's beliefs, false or otherwise, by rudely dismissing them. Furthermore I would guess that your unpleasant manner will make it less likely that people who read your posts will go on to study the scripture you purport to champion. Of course I realise that popularity is not your ...[text shortened]... possibility that you are actually steering people away from what you believe to be the truth?
    False beliefs and false teachings are like a cancer that has to be cut out, and the cutting out process is painful, but after the cancer is removed the person is healthy again.

My choice of words trash ( i could of used a better word) means that the cancer has no value, and after removal it is thrown in the trash.

The entire world is suffering due to a poor fund of knowledge, and everyone operates and functions from the basis of their personal knowledge, so if it is wrong, then their entire life is based on a false premise, which causes all the conflict in the world.
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 20:13
    most assuredly
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 20:19
    False beliefs and false teachings are like a cancer that has to be cut out, and the cutting out process is painful, but after the cancer is removed the person is healthy again.

My choice of words trash ( i could of used a better word) means that the cancer has no value, and after removal it is thrown in the trash.

The entire world is suffering due t ...[text shortened]... then their entire life is based on a false premise, which causes all the conflict in the world.
    FACT
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...The whole world is suffering, and that suffering is increased because of false teachings and false beliefs. ...”

Grant you that having delusional beliefs (which includes yours) doesn't help, but “suffering is increased BECAUSE of false teachings and false beliefs”? In another thread you were apparently dismissive of all science -even medical s ...[text shortened]... e INCREASE suffering? -I mean, it is clearly obvious that it generally does the exact opposite!
    People who are ignorant of the spiritual life, believe that a persons life must be saved at all cost.

A 68 yr old man on the pension who watches TV all day, smokes, eats meat, drinks alcohol, is taken to hospital and given a heart transplant. WHY?

And after you answer that question, please tell me why you are mis-quoting me....where have i said, i am against all science and medicine.

When a person twists the words of another, so as to make the other person appear in error, then its to be understood that they have nothing to offer, and so they therefore falsely attack the other person to enhance "their" position....will you stop doing that please, and stay honest?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree