1. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 11:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread - Palm 37:25
    Whoever said that either had their hands firmly over their eyes, or they believed that only rich people are 'godly'.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 11:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If the only way to feed my family was to steal bread, then I would steal bread. It would be act of love not immorality.
    I guess one can look at it as two separate acts, one good and one bad, with the sum total being good.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 12:003 edits
    If the only way to feed my family was to steal bread, then I would steal bread. It would be act of love not immorality.

And there are many Christian children out there begging for bread. Has God forsaken them?
    Yes but you are not a Godly one and cannot claim to have divine favour and protection and therefore would of necessity have to steal, I on the other hand because I am a chosen one of the Most High would have no need of stealing trusting that the Father of the Celestial lights knows how to look after those having affection for his name.

Whether there are 'Christian children', begging for bread is neither here nor there, God feeds the birds of heaven, he can feed those putting faith in him too. Jesus himself reassures us,

Keep seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness and all these other things (material concerns) will be added to you. Matthew 6:33

I have no reason to doubt his words.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 12:10
    Yes but you are not a Godly one and cannot claim to have divine favour and protection and therefore would of necessity have to steal, I on the other hand because I am a chosen one of the Most High would have no need of stealing trusting that the Father of the Celestial lights knows how to look after those having affection for his name.

Whether the ...[text shortened]... ither here nor there, God feeds the birds of heaven, he can feed those putting faith in him too.
    Again, crazy logic. Why go to the trouble of quoting Psalm 37:25 '...Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread,' if your view of Christian children begging for bread is, 'neither here nor there.'
    If the Psalm is correct and God never abandons the godly or has their children begging for bread, 'Why' are there such children begging?! It has been blatantly demonstrated the world over that God 'can not' feed those putting faith in him. Or do you believe that only the ungodly starve to death or suffer the effects of famine?

God has either abandoned them, or more likely, doesn't exist.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 13:035 edits
    Again, crazy logic. Why go to the trouble of quoting Psalm 37:25 '...Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread,' if your view of Christian children begging for bread is, 'neither here nor there.'
    If the Psalm is correct and God never abandons the godly or has their children begging for bread, 'Why' are there such ...[text shortened]... r suffer the effects of famine?

God has either abandoned them, or more likely, doesn't exist.
    On the contrary the verse that I quoted clearly states that those who seek the Kingdom of God first will be looked after. Now it takes no great stretch of the imagination to ascertain that perhaps those who are begging and who steal have not sought the Kingdom and his righteousness first and foremost or that there is some other reason that cannot be attributed to Gods negligence as the atheistic hordes so often attempt due to their own lack of faith and reason. Either way not only is your logic refuted your stealing bread is immoral, alas had you only trusted upon God to look after you this would not have been the case and you would not now be a felon!
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 13:54
    On the contrary the verse that I quoted clearly states that those who seek the Kingdom of God [b]first will be looked after. Now it takes no great stretch of the imagination to ascertain that perhaps those who are begging and who steal have not sought the Kingdom and his righteousness first and foremost or that there is some ...[text shortened]... d upon God to look after you this would not have been the case and you would not now be a felon![/b]
    So, to clarify your craziness, you do not believe it is possible for a person who has sought the Kingdom of God first to go hungry?!

Your escape clause, 'or that there is some other reason that cannot be attributed to Gods negligence' is immediately rejected, unless you are conceding a weak God whose biblical promise to care for the godly can be easily usurped.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 14:051 edit
    So, to clarify your craziness, you do not believe it is possible for a person who has sought the Kingdom of God first to go hungry?!

Your escape clause, 'or that there is some other reason that cannot be attributed to Gods negligence' is immediately rejected, unless you are conceding a weak God whose biblical promise to care for the godly can be easily usurped.
    Sigh such skullduggery and blatantly loaded questions, loaded with straw-men arguments to boot! , have you never read,

2 Corinthians 11:27
    I have laboured and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

Escape clause? Has God or has he not provided an abundance of food on the planet enough for everyone?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 15:02
    Sigh such skullduggery and blatantly loaded questions, loaded with straw-men arguments to boot! , have you never read,

2 Corinthians 11:27
    I have laboured and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

Escape clause? Has God or has he not provided an abundance of food on the planet enough for everyone?
    Well, He hasn't distributed it very well.

Just to recap, are you ever actually going to win an argument?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 19:471 edit
    Well, He hasn't distributed it very well.

Just to recap, are you ever actually going to win an argument?
    on the contrary

'since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.', Matthew 5:45

I am not in the business of winning arguments, I am in the business of imparting understanding 😀
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 19:55
    on the contrary

'since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.', Matthew 5:45

I am not in the business of winning arguments, I am in the business of imparting understanding 😀
    Which you usually spectacularly fail at. But that's because your own understanding is faulty.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 20:14
    Is there any scenario where stealing might not be considered immoral?
    Yes - I merely made a general point that would be valid in most practical cases.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 20:201 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Which you usually spectacularly fail at. But that's because your own understanding is faulty.
    I understand enough to note that your incessant fault finding is anti Christian and hypocritical and despite repeated reminders you are still unable to apply the counsel that Jesus provides.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree