1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 10:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    Your question brings into question your moral aptitude.
    WE know why it's immoral, we want to see how YOU manage to explain it.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Putting aside your own affiliation to your church, do you think business owners should, if they want to, be able to deny services to Jehovah's Witnesses?
    That's obtuse. A business owner opens a resturant in a town populated by JWs and refuses to serve JWs. What do you think will happen?

You're making apple and oranges arguments.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:11
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    WE know why it's immoral, we want to see how YOU manage to explain it.
    If you all know why homosexuality is immoral, then explain to me why it shouldn't be outlawed.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:11
    Your question brings into question your moral aptitude.
    Your failure to answer the question brings into question your own belief in your argument.
    Why are you afraid of answering the question?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:15
    If you all know why homosexuality is immoral, then explain to me why it shouldn't be outlawed.
    That is not what he said, and you know it. Why must you lie? What are you feeling guilty about?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:16
    That's obtuse. A business owner opens a resturant in a town populated by JWs and refuses to serve JWs. What do you think will happen?

And you are avoiding the question. Whatever might happen, do you support the shopkeepers right to refuse to serve JWs? Its a simple yes/no answer unlike the more involved morality question you are also dodging.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:19
    Homosexuality is not immoral.

The question was about paedophilia which is both immoral and illegal.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Will you please stop attempting to equate the colour of ones skin with sexual practices. Its a nonsense. Racial characteristics are immutable, sexual practices are not and people can and do change their sexual practices based on nothing more than a preference unlike their racial characteristics, so I suggest that you attempt to find some other ratio ...[text shortened]... r conscience. Once again issuing a marriage certificate is not the same as buying a sticky bun.
    You are a white, straight man. Are you saying both of these things are not immutable to you?

It's true that the colour of your skin is fixed at birth, and that it may take a while for your sexual orientation to be known, but once it is known it is no more a choice than your skin colour. If you're straight you're straight, if you're gay you're gay, if you're bi you're bi. Believing a gay person can choose to be straight is akin to saying a straight person (you) could choose to be gay. You can not choose the direction your sexual orientation takes you in. You're just along for the ride. 😞
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:44
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You are a white, straight man. Are you saying both of these things are not immutable to you?

It's true that the colour of your skin is fixed at birth, and that it may take a while for your sexual orientation to be known, but once it is known it is no more a choice than your skin colour. If you're straight you're straight, if you're gay you're gay, ...[text shortened]... t choose the direction your sexual orientation takes you in. You're just along for the ride. 😞
    AND you (Robbie) have to answer the question as to why animals, which you would say don't have what we call morals, also have a portion that are gay, quite a number of species.

And in humans, it has been around 2 to 5% of the population for as long as we have history records, thousands of years and in some cultures, even codified.

There is no morality issue in homosexuality. The morality is in the eyes of the beholder and that using religion as an excuse to discriminate.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:49

It's true that the colour of your skin is fixed at birth, and that it may take a while for your sexual orientation to be known, but once it is known it is no more a choice than your skin colour. If you're straight you're straight, if you're gay you're gay, ...[text shortened]... t choose the direction your sexual orientation takes you in. You're just along for the ride. 😞
    Obviously, it's no problem for Robbie The Forumclown to turn gay for one day, find himself wildly attracted to and aroussed by muscular men during that day while the sight and feel of a beautiful naked woman does absolutely nothing for him, and then return to being straight again the next day.

Obviously.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    [quote]Will you please stop attempting to equate the colour of ones skin with sexual practices. Its a nonsense. Racial characteristics are immutable, sexual practices are not and people can and do change their sexual practices based on nothing more than a preference unlike their racial characteristics, so I suggest that you attempt to find some other ra ...[text shortened]... he taboos of their beliefs on anyone else.
    We all are bound equally by the rule of secular law.
    What complete Cadswallop. There is nothing which causes a person to engage in a specific type of sexual act. Anyone that has recourse to the faculty of conscience is a free moral agent and capable of any type of sexual act. Furthermore there is NO genetic predisposition which causes a person to behave in a particular way. why? because a predisposition is not the same thing as a causation. Furthermore if we are predetermined to act in a particular way as those who pander these pseudo scientific claims would have us believe then how are we to explain bisexuals, how are we to explain those who lived a heterosexual life and then became homosexuals later in life, how are to to explain those that abandoned homosexual practices? So I reject your cadswallop, your scurrilous use of dubious scientific claims to further your gay agenda your personal insults and reasoning devoid of both logic and reason. I will repeat it, there is no genetic predisposition which causes a person to act in particular way, we are free moral agents with recourse to the natural faculty of conscience and the ability to take responsibility for our own actions.

All that you and people like you who pander these types of arguments is that you may have a preference and yes you can choose to act unless of course we are to believe that you are an automaton completely at the mercy of your genes and unable to act independently.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 11:59
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your failure to answer the question brings into question your own belief in your argument.
    Why are you afraid of answering the question?
    "I would like you to try and explain why you think paedophilia is immoral. Keep in mind that the Bible does not say it is immoral."

"Your question brings into question your moral aptitude."

You're playing word games because you have no moral grounds for your argument. If you know pedaphilia is immoral, and if you know homosexuality is immoral, then defend how you think those who practice those behaviors have the right to do so in the public arena.

No homosexual or pedophile has any such right to practice their immoral lifestyle, only a militant agenda to dismantle morality. It's apparent which side you're on.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 12:00
    No, I'm not. It have posed a question. I am exploring the argument that a belief or opinion about a customer can be a justification for discriminating against them.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 12:011 edit

more codswallop! I also resent these appeals to personal considerations so beloved by those desperadoes devoid of objective reasoning. As an existentialist philosopher I reject a genetic argument. Why? because a predisposition is not the same thing as a causation otherwise if I was a kleptomaniac I should evade prosecution for my crimes blaming it on my genetics. 'Honest guv it was my genes wot made me do it!' Are we automatons or are we men claiming the right of self determination? Man up you wussbags!

No Ghastly one we are free moral agents, with recourse to the natural faculty of conscience and free to act within or in many cases out with its dictates. I reject therefore the idea that a predisposition is a causation. I also reject it on the basis that it does not nor can it explain bisexual behaviour nor those who abandoned heterosexuality later in life and became homosexuals nor those who abandoned homosexual practices and became heterosexuals.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '16 12:03
    [b]"I would like you to try and explain why you think paedophilia is immoral. Keep in mind that the Bible does not say it is immoral."

"Your question brings into question your moral aptitude."

You're playing word games because you have no moral grounds for your argument. ...[text shortened]... ral lifestyle, only a militant agenda to dismantle morality. It's apparent which side you're on.[/b]
    Pedophilia is immoral because it can permanently effect the child involved, scar him or her for life.

There is no such thing in homosexuality.

It is what it is and like I said, it also happens in the animal world where there is no morality.

It is YOU and people like you who contribute to the problem.

It is none of your business what goes on in bedrooms, gay or straight.

THAT is the problem, people butting their shyte noses where they don't belong.

It is not an issue with morality, it is an issue with control.

You want to control people, pure and simple. That is the point of religion and you are just one of the herd following orders from humans.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree