1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 04:10
    "Recently, a student of Justice High School in Fairfax, Virginia, led the graduation ceremony in the Pledge of Allegiance. In this public-school setting, when she got to the part about “one nation under God,” she said, instead, “one nation under Allah.” This was apparently without any permission from school officials." ~ https://www.christianpost.com/

...the OP ed in The Christian Post went on to say: “One nation under God” allows the Muslim, the Buddhist, and the atheist to practice what they wish. “One nation under Allah” restricts the freedom of those who disagree—even fellow Muslims of a slightly different stripe.

"[It] restricts the freedom of those who disagree"?

Thoughts?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 08:45
    @fmf said
    "Recently, a student of Justice High School in Fairfax, Virginia, led the graduation ceremony in the Pledge of Allegiance. In this public-school setting, when she got to the part about “one nation under God,” she said, instead, “one nation under Allah.” This was apparently without any permission from school officials." ~ https://www.christianpost.com/

...the OP ...[text shortened]... tly different stripe.[/b]

Thoughts?
    A nation cannot hold up a religious banner (of any sort) and ask everyone to stand under it whist simultaneously holding up a freedom of/from religious thought banner. The banner, if there has to be such a thing) needs to be inclusive of collective thought and individual thought which will more or less make it bland, meaningless waffle.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 16:18
    @fmf said

Thoughts?
    It's good to see US Christians getting a taste of their own medicine.

Also, Buddhists don't have a god.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Oct '22 22:14
    @fmf said

Thoughts?
    Another one for the "who cares?" category. I thought the Pledge of Allegiance was silly and unnecessary when I was in school, and I still do. They should dispense with it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '22 22:55
    @mchill said
    Another one for the "who cares?" category.
    Feel free to simply not post on threads for the sake of posting and in order to tell people you are not interested.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 04:48
    @fmf said
    Feel free to simply not post on threads for the sake of posting and in order to tell people you are not interested.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll also "feel free" to post on threads for the sake of posting and in order to tell people I'm not interested. 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 05:47
    @mchill said
    I'll also "feel free" to post on threads for the sake of posting and in order to tell people I'm not interested.
    This is your narcissism in action.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '22 05:572 edits
    @mchill said
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll also "feel free" to post on threads for the sake of posting and in order to tell people I'm not interested. 🙂
    The problem you have in doing that, is that “I’m not interested” is clearly a little jazz-handed obfuscation which translates in my mind (and possibly others) to “I have no coherent response to your point but feel like I ought to try to dismiss it anyway”.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree