1. The sky
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 20:31
    Originally posted by English Tal
    Past Life refers to a 'different' life, not the same one from childhood. eg Napoleon or Liz1 (common examples, per press!)
    How many people have been Napoleon?
  2. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 21:12
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    How many people have been Napoleon?
    Napoleon
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 02:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I have a comment.

Hebrews 9:27
    "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."
    And you believe it. Unbelievable.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 02:26
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Sonhouse, that's a reasonable idea, but it doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility of consciousness itself surviving the death of the body, and then reassociating (in a kind of primal form, sort of like hardware minus software) with another body...

As far as I'm aware, the most credible reincarnation researcher has generally been recognized as ...[text shortened]... s a bit about his work here...

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation01.html
    Its a lot more science based than some idea of an esoteric soul field existing outside the body. It is an idea that people desparately WISH to be true and thats about the end of it. What form of energy would this extra body existance take? Electromagnetic? Electrogravitic?
    Although it seems there is a form of matter that mostly goes undetected in the universe, dark matter, you would have to assume that to be the source of souls. That is also an interesting concept but totally speculative just as is my DNA memory idea.
    The DNA concept however, passes the Occam's razor test.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 02:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Its a lot more science based than some idea of an esoteric soul field existing outside the body. It is an idea that people desparately WISH to be true and thats about the end of it. What form of energy would this extra body existance take? Electromagnetic? Electrogravitic?
    Although it seems there is a form of matter that mostly goes undetected in the unive ...[text shortened]... ulative just as is my DNA memory idea.
    The DNA concept however, passes the Occam's razor test.
    Actually it doesn't pass the Occam's Razor test, since Occam's Razor suggests choosing the simplest explanation.
    The simplest explanation in this case is that there is no life after death.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 05:31
    I was a queef in a past life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree