1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 00:48
    KnightStalker,
    Have you found useful responses to your OP in this thread?
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 18:29
    KnightStalker,
    The time of these events were before, during, and a little after Christ's existence on the earth in human form. These help to show what believers of Christ and other people and Satan and demons were thinking about Christ. Therefore, these events occurred around 4 BC to 30 AD and some years after.

King James Version
    =================

John 20: 28
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 1: 34
    And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Mark 8: 29-30
    And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

John 11: 27
    She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Acts 8: 37
    And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Matthew 4: 3
    And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Matthew 8: 29
    And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Matthew 14: 33
    Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 27: 40
    And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Matthew 26: 63-68
    But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.

Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,

Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?

Mark 1: 1
    The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Luke 1: 35
    And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Hebrews 4: 14
    Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

John 19: 7
    The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 15:301 edit
    It's difficult to explain all religion shortly but overall you have to look at the history of religion. Looking at and reading historical facts make up some of the main parts to religion. The Bible is in a way a giant history book and many other religions created their 'books' or 'spiritual writings' from parts of the bible. They manipulated it (or sorted it) to fit their beliefs, cutting out certain parts, keeping certain events, etc.

Religion is created within a person mainly by what their family and peers believe, but some do venture out, studying religion to truly see what they fit with most. If you want to figure out more of religion but don't necessarily want to associate with a religion, I would look at it as researching history. You don't have to believe the sins and such, but see what actually occurred to understand why specific areas belief in this and why other areas believe in that.

It's all very interesting but religion itself can be interpreted many different which is why their will be never ending wars over it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 18:44
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    KnightStalker,
    Try using "reply & quote". It will help the respondent identify that you are talking to them, save you typing out the name of the respondent yourself, and stop you looking like a bit of a tool.
  5. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 04:18
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    KnightStalker,
    No.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 04:28
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    I'm not a religious person, I've never read any religious book, but I'm here to share my thoughts.

There are a few questions that keep me from looking deeper into any religion.

How does one even choose a religion in the first place? It seems to me that it is mostly dictated by geological factors. e.g if you're born in Israel, you're probably J ...[text shortened]... for them, doing exactly what their creator expected them to do/created them to do.

Thoughts?
    I'm not telling you to be a Christian. You can choose to love God, but Jesus said to "love your neighbor as yourself". If anything, that seems to be a good place to start.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 04:45
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    No.
    KnightStalker,
    If you have not found useful responses to your post, what are you looking for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree