1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You said it came from the NT. Please state the chapter and verse.

Backpeddling already Rajk999?
    You definitely SAID that this was another example of my twisting.
    That assumes that YOU KNOW what it is I am twisting.

Keep repeating this as if it comes from the New Testament. Its just another twisting of the Bible, and you are proficient at that.

Now you backpeddle and ask me to HELP you find the sources.
    You gave everyone the impression that you were SO certain that twisting is going on.

Retract the accusation that you recognize this immediately as twisting. Then I'll be willing to help you find why I wrote these biblical things.

Actually, I already gave some references in this very thread.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 22:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b]You said it came from the NT. Please state the chapter and verse.

Backpeddling already Rajk999?
    You definitely SAID that this was another example of my twisting.
    That assumes that YOU KNOW what it is I am twisting.

[quote] Keep repeating this as if it comes from the New Testament. Its just another twisting of the Bible, and you ...[text shortened]... these biblical things.

Actually, I already gave some references in this very thread.[/b]
    Please provide the reference. Your prior references do not match your twisted interpretation.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 23:05
    This is the way Divegeester shows his contempt for the Gospel.
    Do you plan to retract this twisting on your part?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 23:06
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you plan to retract this twisting on your part?
    I think we are seeing sonship’s true colours in this thread.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 23:094 edits
    Please provide the reference. Your prior references do not match your twisted interpretation.
    The references did support the post.

Christ is not only the only-begotten Son (John 3:16). Christ from resurrection is the Firstborn Son of God.

Colossians 1:18 definitely identifies Christ being the Firstborn in relation to the new covenant church, which came into existence because of Christ's resurrection.

You're ignorant Rajk999.

"And He is the Head of the Body, the church, He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead, that He might have the first place in all things." (Colossians 1:18)

You're still ignorant Rajk999.

In verse 15 it speaks of Christ as the Firstborn of all creation. That is different.
    "Who is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation." (v.15)

The Firstborn of verse 18 is related not to creation but to the church ... "He is the Head of the Body, the church ... the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead."

That takes care of this part ...
    Christ, the Firstborn Son in resurrection....

You came to this post blind. I fear that you will go away more blind and more ignorant as an idiot still.

Now to this part.

Christ is the beginning of the new creation ....

If any one is in Christ he is a new creation. He is a constituent of the church, the new creation of God.

"So then if anyone is in Christ. he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, they have become new." (2 Cor. 5:17)

Christ CREATED the "new man" in Himself in His redemptive act on the cross.

"Abolishing in His flesh the law of the commandments in ordinances, that He might create in Himself into one new man, so making peace."

The "one new man" Christ created in Himself and initiated in resurrection is the new testament church.

Of course Christ's resurrection was God's great victory over death.

of God coming out of God's death destroying victory in resurrection.

" ... His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages

but now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who nullified death and brought life and incorruption to light through the gospel." (2 Timothy 1:9b-8)

Christ destroyed Him who had the power of death.
    " ... He also Himself partook of the same that through death He might destroy him who has the might of death, that is, the devil ..." (Heb. 2:14)

Oh death, where is your sting?
    Oh grave, where is your victory?

Because Christ is the Firstborn in resurrection, when He comes a second time He comes as the Firstborn into the inhabited earth.
    "And when He [God] brings again the Firstborn into the inhabited earth, He says, And let all the angels of God worship Him." (Heb. 1:6)

As such Jesus Christ is the beginning of the new creation of God.
    "And to the messenger of the church in Laodicea write: These things says the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the beginning of the creation of God." (Rev. 3:14)

Both Colossians and Revelation identify Christ as the Firstborn from the dead.
    "And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth." (See Rev. 1:5a)

Every part of that post has been validated by the Bible.
    And in identifying "twisting" you get an F-.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 23:12
    Originally posted by @sonship to Rajk999
    You came to this post blind. I fear that you will go away more blind and more ignorant as an idiot still.
    You seem to be choosing your words carefully.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 00:08
    The references did support the post.

Christ is not only the only-begotten Son [b](John 3:16)
    . Christ from resurrection is the Firstborn Son of God.

Colossians 1:18 definitely identifies Christ being the Firstborn in relation to the new covenant church, which came into existence because of Christ's resurrection.

You're ignorant ...[text shortened]... that post has been validated by the Bible.
    And in identifying "twisting" you get an F-.[/b]
    That's It? A whole lot of twisting going on there.

Did the bible somewhere say that God died? Or is that just your Roman Catholic side talking.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 00:12
    You seem to be choosing your words carefully.
    He cannot handle people pointing out the garbage that comes out of his mouth/brain... hence his anger.

Does not bother me.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 00:20
    He cannot handle people pointing out the garbage that comes out of his mouth/brain... hence his anger.

Does not bother me.
    I don't think sonship's glass-chinned spiteful side actually bothers anyone really. Even when it's framed as Jesus "flowing out" of him.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 00:281 edit
    That's It? A whole lot of twisting going on there.

Did the bible somewhere say that God died? Or is that just your Roman Catholic side talking.
    Your F- in your task followed by a jumping off to another debate.
    Expected and noted.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 01:10
    Originally posted by @sonship to Rajk999
    Your [b]F- in your task followed by a jumping off to another debate.
    Expected and noted.[/b]
    You have taken it upon yourself to award an F-. Presumably, you'd give yourself an A, or B, or C. Are you a better Christian than Rajk999?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 02:131 edit
    Your [b]F- in your task followed by a jumping off to another debate.
    Expected and noted.[/b]
    You are a complete waste of time. Your entire doctrine is fabricated garbage.
    Nowhere does that Bible ever say or imply God died. Yet you repeat it over and over as it it is the truth.
    An F in your foolish nonsense I take that gladly. You get an A in that nonsensical doctrine
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 08:162 edits
    You have taken it upon yourself to award an F-. Presumably, you'd give yourself an A, or B, or C. Are you a better Christian than Rajk999?
    Compared to your even worse atheist ignorance he might be a graduate summa cum laude.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 08:342 edits
    You are a complete waste of time. Your entire doctrine is fabricated garbage.
    Nowhere does that Bible ever say or imply God died. Yet you repeat it over and over as it it is the truth.
    An F in your foolish nonsense I take that gladly. You get an A in that nonsensical doctrine
    Where in these words do you explicitly see me write that God died?

Christ, the Firstborn Son in resurrection. Christ is the beginning of the new creation of God coming out of God's death destroying victory in resurrection.

I wrote of "Christ ... coming out of God's death destroying victory in resurrection."

No apologies.

Folks, the Bible comes short of exactly saying that God died. However, it does say that He obtained the church through the shedding of "His own blood."

"Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among whom the Holy Spirit has placed you as overseers to shepherd the church of God, which He [God] obtained with His own blood." (Acts 20:28)

God had to be incarnated as a man in order to obtain His church through His own blood, ie. His blood of His being made flesh.

The Word was God and became flesh (John 1:1; 14).

No, the Bible comes short of explicitly stating that God died. But the Bible says that Jehovah God says His people pierced Him and will mourn over Him as over an only Son.

"And I [Jehovah] will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and of supplication;

and they will look upon Me; whom they have pierced, and they will wail over Him with the wailing as for an only son and cry bitterly over Him with bitter crying as for a firstborn son." (Zechariah 12:10)
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '18 09:34
    Compared to your even worse atheist ignorance he might be a graduate summa cum laude.
    This kind of stuff is water off a duck's back to me, sonship. So, the question [about you grading others' beliefs] that you dodged: are you a better Christian than Rajk999?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree