1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is so, so, SO not even funny as to be borderline offensive. This is a serious problem in the world today and to be so cavalier about it shows a gross lack of empathy for the millions who are affected.
    sensitivity will not cure the ill, a direct display that will raise awareness is a better approach. the bottom line is that nobody has the right to force their will on the physical body of another human being. this includes what they may put into or take out of their own bodies. neither do they have the right to mutilate both male and females without the consent of the individual.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 05:431 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The whole point of the freedom of religion, and the separation of church and state.
    was so that the majority didn't force its religion on a minority.

The idea of having inalienable rights is that minorities will always lose a vote on their
    rights so you don't put those rights up for a vote.

However in this particular instance I was just sniping a jectionable.
    If he's going to wear it with pride then I am going to call him on it.
    Well it boils down to what are inalienable rights isn't, if they are God given than
    no man can take them away; however, since the foundation for those types of
    rights are in question due to people wish to zero out God....what does that
    leave us with? He who has the power gives the rights?

When people struggle to get their way, you are than going to have those that
    get their way, and those that don't. Being in the majority or minority is just
    lumping people together, again...if there is nothing but us here, why shouldn't
    the majority have it's way? God can stand between men and lay down the
    Law, but you reject God you just get a power stuggle and rights go out the
    window there are no inalienable rights.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 05:45
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The whole point of the freedom of religion, and the separation of church and state.
    was so that the majority didn't force its religion on a minority.

The idea of having inalienable rights is that minorities will always lose a vote on their
    rights so you don't put those rights up for a vote.

However in this particular instance I was just sniping a ...[text shortened]... jectionable.
    If he's going to wear it with pride then I am going to call him on it.
    People who murder to get a point across cannot really be called prolife in my
    humble opinion. They may choose that lable for themselves, but walking the
    walk is how you really know who is what.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree