1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 07:21
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Most Christians today also worship and have their sabbath on Sunday instead of Saturday. I didn't even know till about 20 years ago that somewhere along the line someone had changed it from Saturday to Sunday. but I know God still honors our worship on the day I and most Christians worship on. Which is Sunday today.
    And you are still wrong. Sunday is not the Sabbath. You have probably fallen for the myth spread by 7th day Adventists.
    The Sabbath is Saturday. Jesus was Crucified on the day after the Sabbath (Sunday) and so Christians took to worshiping on that day. It was probably also a way to distinguish themselves from the Jews - or other Jews as many early Christians were Jews.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 10:25
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Lighten up, Raj. Sheesh.
    Ok... Im lightened.

I was not saying that your statements were utterly stupid.
    I think Christians who condemn other Christians for celebrating Christmas are narrowminded and does not have the love of Christ in them.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 10:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And you are still wrong. Sunday is not the Sabbath. You have probably fallen for the myth spread by 7th day Adventists.
    The Sabbath is Saturday. Jesus was Crucified on the day after the Sabbath (Sunday) and so Christians took to worshiping on that day. It was probably also a way to distinguish themselves from the Jews - or other Jews as many early Christians were Jews.
    The Sabbath is Saturday.
    🙄🙄🙄🙄

And you need to read and think before you speak your complete nonsense and guesses.. It was probably also a way
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 13:22
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think Christians who condemn other Christians for celebrating Christmas are narrowminded
    Christians narrowminded? Surely not!
  5. Joined
    17 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 04:23
    Ya I lean on the Not honestly Christians are very open minded. Sadly its the non Christians that are not. They listen to everything they read and hear and did I mention the fact that they have no faith also.

The world so called = Non Christian are followers with no backbone. You call that open minded do you intresting, I call that moronic sadly they follow others by cussing killing everything and not trying to better them selfs all in the name of Nothing to know they are just going to die with out anything.

That to me is not openminded that to me is not even thinking at all.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 06:10
    Why not??
    Christmas is relatively unimportant; enough so that Jesus' birth events are only covered in two of the gospels. Instead, all four gospels cover different aspects of his ministry and entire chapters to the last week or so of his life. It would be logical that the writers though that his passion, death, and resurrection were far more important.

The week between Palm Sunday and Easter should be the most important observance in the Christian church but you'd never know it. I run into people all the time that have no idea what Maundy Thursday is, its significance, or how to celebrate it.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:39
    And you need to read and think before you speak your complete nonsense and guesses..[b] It was probably also a way[/b]
    Are you saying that my statement was incorrect? Would you care to correct me? Which part is nonsense?
    Yes I fully admit that I did speculate on some things and clearly qualified my statement as such. Why should I think more about that?
    Or did you just not like the fact that you have been wrong for the last 20 years?
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:515 edits
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Christmas is relatively unimportant; enough[b]Christmas is relatively unimportant; Instead, all four gospels cover different aspects of his ministry and entire chapters to the last week or so of his life. It would be logical that the writers though that his passion, death, and resurrection were far more important.

The week between Palm Sunday and Easter l the time that have no idea what Maundy Thursday is, its significance, or how to celebrate it.
    (Christmas is relatively unimportant)
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
    But It is a very important holiday to I and a lot of other Christians who celebrate the coming of our Lord and His love for us and what He did for us.
    And I and many other Christians find it offensive that there's always some pompous asses who think that they're more educated than everyone else, and who think that they know more than everyone else, that they think they are the one's with the secret to or Lord Jesus and who think they can run around and tell all the other Christians that their worship of our Lord and Savior is UNIMPORTANT and worthless, and some even say it's somehow sinful to our God. And that we somehow now need to become like them and worship like them or we are sinning.
    I or any Christian don't have to go threw any man or sect to worship our Lord Jesus. The Vail was torn from corner to corner at His death and we ALL may enter into His presence.

( Jesus' birth events are only covered in two of the gospels.)
    Is that all?? So that makes it unimportant??? unbelievable!
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 11:41
    The Vail was torn from corner to corner at His death and we ALL may enter into His presence.
    Yet there are conditions - as I am sure you would agree. But that destroys your whole argument, so you will probably deny it this one time.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:352 edits
    Are you saying that my statement was incorrect? Would you care to correct me? Which part is nonsense?
    Yes I fully admit that I did speculate on some things and clearly qualified my statement as such. Why should I think more about that?
    Or did you just not like the fact that you have been wrong for the last 20 years?
    Most 7th day Adventists do nothing but run around judging all other Christians and say they're going to hell just because they don't follow the same little aspect of the law as them. We I'll tell you. First off you better follow the whole law and not just one little part of it if you think you have any chance of pleasing God threw the law. And God has already told us that no man has or can please Him threw the law. So good luck.
    Jesus also said do not judge others, and if you judge others you will be judged the same way you judge others. Which means everything you have judged wrong with my worship of God and my relationship with Him, God is also going to judge everything that's wrong with your worship of Him and your relationship with him.
    And the hatefulness a lot of 7th day Adventists have towards other Christians and everyone else well surly be judged on that day. Love your neighbor as yourself Jesus said. I see most 7th day Adventists failing this one. Which covers over about half the law. So you better make damn sure you got it all right down to the letter of the law and follow it ALL. Don't just pick one little part of it and follow just one little aspect of it and then think you are better than everyone and can judge everyone else. Follow all the law. Then you and the 7th day Adventists might have something to boast about. There is nothing wrong with having your worship day on Saturday, All the power to you. As there is nothing wrong with my worship on Sunday and every other day. Jesus is Lord of the sabbath!
    And there has been nothing wrong with the last 20 years of my worship and relationship with the Lord. But it looks like maybe there has been with yours. Starting with your pompous ass attitude.
    Read the whole chapter 7 of Mathew again. It looks like you forgot it.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:51
    Yet there are conditions - as I am sure you would agree. But that destroys your whole argument, so you will probably deny it this one time.
    But that destroys your whole argument No argument, Just facts.
  12. Standard memberRosePetal
    Aromatic
    God's Flower Pot
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:57
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Good point! Thanks.
    lol. you posted your own post again and said good point, but completely ignored the specific scriptures that you tried to use about the christmas tree. To me, it shows you only want to agree with things you post, even if a misuse of scripture apparently backs it up.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:091 edit
    Yet there are conditions Conditions? Please tell me and all what you think the conditions are??
  14. Standard memberRosePetal
    Aromatic
    God's Flower Pot
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:27
    ok. you know what? I agree with the whole idea of over celebrating a day. I am a Christmas celebrator, as when Christ was born, hope came to humanity. And, when I was born again, hope came into my life. As far as Saturday or Sunday worship, really..worship every day. Although, I worship at church on Sunday, but I can any day. As far as the Sabbath being on Saturday or Sunday, it is still observed by Jews on Saturday, however, according to Jesus, who to the shock and disgust of the Jews around him, one day is not above another. In other words, we aren't supposed to be worshipping a day, whether, Sabbath, Christmas, or even Maundy Thursday. These should be what they were intended as. Sabbath - day of rest, now our rest is in Christ. Christmas - yes once a pagan holiday, but a day the Christians could celebrate without fear of persecution so they took advantage of it and enjoyed the celebration of the true God. Maundy Thursday - a celebration of brotherly love. These are vehicles to Christ, they are not Christ. Worship Him.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:36
    Originally posted by RosePetal
    ok. you know what? I agree with the whole idea of over celebrating a day. I am a Christmas celebrator, as when Christ was born, hope came to humanity. And, when I was born again, hope came into my life. As far as Saturday or Sunday worship, really..worship every day. Although, I worship at church on Sunday, but I can any day. As far as the Sabbath being on ...[text shortened]... celebration of brotherly love. These are vehicles to Christ, they are not Christ. Worship Him.
    Rec' 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree