1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 15:55
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    (Christmas is relatively unimportant)
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
    But It is a very important holiday to I and a lot of other Christians who celebrate the coming of our Lord and His love for us and what He did for us.
    And I and many other Christians find it offensive that there's always some pompous asses who think that they'r ...[text shortened]... n two of the gospels.)
    Is that all?? So that makes it unimportant??? unbelievable!
    It's not my fault that you didn't read my support of my conclusion. It would be nice if the entirety of my post was read and the context understood but I guess that's asking too much.😕
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 16:103 edits
    Originally posted by Badwater
    It's not my fault that you didn't read my support of my conclusion. It would be nice if the entirety of my post was read and the context understood but I guess that's asking too much.😕
    Well I just read your post again in it's entirety, and I still don't see anything positive and only negative for those who celebrate Christmas. But by this post I can tell that you maybe meant something else or were trying to explain something else. So you have my apologies.
    And I do understand the context of the second part of your last post. And I agree with it.
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 17:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the genesis is of babylonian origin and adopted by jewish people and later by fundamentalists. the story of noah is of sumerian origin i think.

your point is?
    Who says? Prove it?
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 17:41
    Well I just read your post again in it's entirety, and I still don't see anything positive and only negative for those who celebrate Christmas. But by this post I can tell that you maybe meant something else or were trying to explain something else. So you have my apologies.
    And I do understand the context of the second part of your last post. And I agree with it.
    How is an observation negative? Or positive? I didn't say anything that was anti-Christmas, just that the written evidence of the Gospels show that the writers thought that the birth of Jesus was relatively unimportant - unimportant in relation to other parts of the gospels where much more writing is devoted to the aspects of their witness of Jesus that they did think was important.

And you have nothing to apologize for; I didn't take any offense to your post(s) at all. 🙂
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 18:051 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    How is an observation negative? Or positive? I didn't say anything that was anti-Christmas, just that the written evidence of the Gospels show that the writers thought that the birth of Jesus was relatively unimportant - unimportant in relation to other parts of the gospels where much more writing is devoted to the aspects of their witness of Jesus that the ...[text shortened]...

And you have nothing to apologize for; I didn't take any offense to your post(s) at all. 🙂
    The title of this thread is "Should Christians celebrate Christmas"
    And I responded with "why not??" And you responded to my post of why not, with Christmas is relatively unimportant; enough so that Jesus' birth events are only covered in two of the gospels. Instead, all four gospels cover different aspects of his ministry and entire chapters to the last week or so of his life. It would be logical that the writers though that his passion, death, and resurrection were far more important. I guess I put a (because) in front of your response to my post. Looks like it was just a miss communication.
    🙂
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 23:301 edit
    The title of this thread is "Should Christians celebrate Christmas"
    And I responded with "why not??" And you responded to my post of why not, with Christmas is relatively unimportant; enough so that Jesus' birth events are only covered in two of the gospels. Instead, all four gospels cover different aspects of his ministry and entire chapters to e) in front of your response to my post. Looks like it was just a miss communication.
    🙂
    Yes, I was only responding to the question of "Why not". It seems to me that would be a valid reason not to celebrate Christmas. It has nothing to do with whether I celebrate it, how I celebrate it; whatever - if someone's reasoning was as such then I'd certainly understand that reasoning, that's all.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 22:25
    Yes they should.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree