1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 06:431 edit
    In the Captial Punishment thread Suzianne says:

”I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.”

And yet Jesus himself directly and unequivocally states:

“No one comes to me unless the father who sent me draws them...”
    John 6:44

Suzianne has been since been avoiding my challenge to her on this so I’ll post it here; is Suzianne justified in her claim that it is “self-serving mush”?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '18 06:471 edit
    It's not in her nature to retract anything she blurts out even if it turns out she was wrong - even if she knows it was wrong.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '18 06:52
    Originally posted by @divegeester

[b]”I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.”

Suzianne has been since been avoiding my ...[text shortened]... on this so I’ll post it here; is Suzianne justified in her claim that it is “self-serving mush”?[/b]
    Should we start a thread on you falsely claiming “washed in the blood” did not appear in Scripture? You still haven’t admitted you were wrong - even after you accused a Christian of being too vain to admit he was wrong when he was actually right.

Oh, tiger. Your hijinks with Kiddo are becoming less and less amusing.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '18 06:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It's not in her nature to retract anything she blurts out even if it turns out she was wrong - even if she knows it was wrong.
    Sounds like psychological projection on your part, Kiddo. But when you’re wrong (and it’s often,) you usually resort to pool whizzing.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '18 06:56
    ”I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.”
    I believe that RBHILL and josephw - and also checkbaiter, if I am not mistaken - espoused the view that "people are only drawn to God if God wills it". It may have also been something that Grampy Bobby believed and talked about.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 07:12
    I believe that RBHILL and josephw - and also checkbaiter, if I am not mistaken - espoused the view that "people are only drawn to God if God wills it". It may have also been something that Grampy Bobby believed and talked about.
    Romans 3:11 supports the statement by Jesus:

“there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God”
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '18 07:18
    God draws everyone. Just read the verse right after John 6:44.

“No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

(John 6:44-47)

But just because God draws everyone doesn’t mean everyone believes unto salvation.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:381 edit

[b]”I eschew the opinion that people are only drawn to God if God "wills it". This this self-serving mush.”

Suzianne has been since been avoiding my ...[text shortened]... on this so I’ll post it here; is Suzianne justified in her claim that it is “self-serving mush”?[/b]
    Two can play at this game, genius. It might behoove you to answer my questions this time, since your continued refusal might seem hypocritical after making such a big deal of it here and now.

Since you have been avoiding my question to you, I'll take your example and post it here again for you to dodge a fourth (fifth? sixth?) time.

"And how much of the scripture do you disagree with?
    Be honest."

In addition, let me ask you the question I was responding to:
    "Do you think one can only come to the knowledge of Christ and accept Him if God draws him or her?"

Go ahead. Anytime you're ready.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:38
    AVOID AVOID AVOID
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:41
    Argumentum ad populum?

Seriously, I expected better.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:411 edit
    AVOID AVOID AVOID
    Are you five years old?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:43
    Hmmmm, irony, too.

Do keep going.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:48
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Are you five years old?
    Blessed are the Big Noses...
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:50
    Argumentum ad populum?

Seriously, I expected better.
    No. You have missed my point completely. How many times did you dismiss the beliefs [on this matter] of the likes of RBHILL, josephw, checkbaiter, and Grampy Bobby as “self-serving mush”? It's got nothing whatsoever to do with argumentum ad populum.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 15:19
    It might behoove you to answer my questions this time...
    "behoove"

Now there's a word you don't here often in every day real life!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree