1. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 11:591 edit
    Whose names are written in that book?
    Does anyone know for sure? My answer to that is nobody knows for sure. That is Gods secret. However there are some indications stated in the Bible and here is what I found

- The Sheep of Christ [also called the elect]
    - People predestined from the foundation of the world
    - Most of the disciples
    - All of the old patriarchs and prophets
    - All people who have followed the commandments of God
    - All people who have followed the commandments of Christ
    - All people who have at some point in time pleased God with their good works

Can names, once written in, be removed from the Book of Life
    Jesus said Yes it can be.

Are only names of Christians written in the book of life
    There is no indication that only the names of Christians are written in the book of life.

Are there names of nonChristians written in the book of life
    Yes. Cyrus King of Persia would be one example. If he pleased God then certainly he would have had his subjects live according to the commandments of God as well. The names of the three Kings who visited Jesus at his birth would be examples. Jesus also indicated that he had sheep other than from the Jews. Some think that these were the Gentiles but none of the Apostles had gone out the Gentiles at that time.

Where is faith in all of this. Does faith count for anything?
    Faith alone counts for nothing. Faith is simply a promise a believer makes to live a life that is pleasing to God. Failure to live this life means that the faith was worthless. The faithful who succeed in living according to the commandments of Christ with good works and righteousness are the elect who will reign with Christ.

What is the fate of those people whose names are not found in the book of life
    They are cast into the lake of fire and are destroyed.

What is the fate of the Devil and his angels
    They are cast into the lake of fire and are tormented

There are some other interesting questions which can emerge from this topic, and this can make for interesting discussion. Obviously these are opinions. I would be interested in hearing opinions of other interested parties. Also there are some misconceptions / false doctrines about all this which is open to discussion:
    - man has an immortal soul which cannot be destroyed, hence eternal torment rather than annihilation. Jesus said clearly that God can and will destroy both body and soul
    - that the lake of fire is a place of torment. The bible says no such thing. The lake of fire is a lake of fire. It can be a place of torment. it can also destroy.

Please keep the discussion civil. Just kidding, civil discussion is for the ladies. Insult away, I can take it.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 12:52
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    [b] Whose names are written in that book?
    Does anyone know for sure? My answer to that is nobody knows for sure. That is Gods secret. However there are some indications stated in the Bible and here is what I found

- The Sheep of Christ [also called the elect]
    - People predestined from the foundation of the world
    - Most of the disciples
    - All of ...[text shortened]... discussion civil. Just kidding, civil discussion is for the ladies. Insult away, I can take it.[/b]
    Just give scripture instead of your opinions so we can see if what you are saying is based upon the Word. Outside of that excellent questions.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 12:56
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Just give scripture instead of your opinions so we can see if what you are saying is based upon the Word. Outside of that excellent questions.
    Nope .. not a good idea. Too much work and nobody reads it. Ask sonship. If you have an issue with something then the scriptural support will come out.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 17:18
    Nope .. not a good idea. Too much work and nobody reads it. Ask sonship. If you have an issue with something then the scriptural support will come out.
    Do little pieces of your point at a time. I agree with you books don’t get read as much as a few lines or paragraphs.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 19:08
    Do little pieces of your point at a time. I agree with you books don’t get read as much as a few lines or paragraphs.
    I dont think so. If you have a disagreement lets start with that. eg you believe that man has a soul that cannot die. Jesus said that God can destroy both body and soul. Where did your doctrine come from?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 19:18
    I dont think so. If you have a disagreement lets start with that. eg you believe that man has a soul that cannot die. Jesus said that God can destroy both body and soul. Where did your doctrine come from?
    Jesus said that yes, not that it was going to happen.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 19:30
    Jesus said that yes, not that it was going to happen.
    I see.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 19:36
    I see.
    Do not want to add to His Word.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 19:37
    Do not want to add to His Word.
    OK

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree