1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 19:14
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Yep. There would be virtually no abortions nor abortion issue debate if preventative measures were used. Everyone wins.
    Do you know the failure rates? Remember that people ate involved and sometimes people under the influence.

In the real world what is the failure rate?

Do you deny that people use abortion as birth control?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 22:58
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do you know the failure rates? Remember that people ate involved and sometimes people under the influence.

In the real world what is the failure rate?

Do you deny that people use abortion as birth control?
    I know the failure rates.

I will leave it to you to introduce actual numbers as the rate argument is yours.

I don't deny people use abortion as birth control.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 23:09
    I know the failure rates.

I will leave it to you to introduce actual numbers as the rate argument is yours.

I don't deny people use abortion as birth control.
    Condom failure rate is about 15 percent. That is pretty significant and results in many pregnancies and spread of disease.

Even if everyone used protection there would still be a significant number of babies butchered.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 10:53
    Condom failure rate is about 15 percent. That is pretty significant and results in many pregnancies and spread of disease.

Even if everyone used protection there would still be a significant number of babies butchered.
    15% [or around there] is the figure for "typical" use which factors in the occasional "forgot to wear one". When condoms are used properly, that falls to a mere 5% or so.

I think that's easily an acceptable level of risk, given that sex is pretty enjoyable.

--------

Per the Guttmacher Institute, in the US, only 5% of unintended pregnancies are from women who used contraceptives "consistently and correctly". This means there is a potential huge reduction in the number of abortions by everyone adopting contraception use. One would think pro-lifers would be among the strongest proponents.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/contraceptive-use-united-states
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 13:24
    Originally posted by apathist
    ...than raising children. America is retarded in that regard. We require you prove your ability to drive a car. But hey, pop out kids and no state or federal requirements must you meet first.
    You want state ownership of our kids?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 13:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You want state ownership of our kids?
    I want children born into a healthy environment.

I want to know that the drivers on the road are competent drivers. Why should parenting be held to a lesser standard?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 14:17
    I want children born into a healthy environment.

I want to know that the drivers on the road are competent drivers. Why should parenting be held to a lesser standard?
    Some kids will be amd some won't. That is just the way it is.

When the government steps in to make it better it makes matters worse.

Before welfare was implemented 7 out of 10 black children were born into a family with a father and a mother. Now less than half have rhe stability of a two parent home.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 14:21
    15% [or around there] is the figure for "typical" use which factors in the occasional "forgot to wear one". When condoms are used properly, that falls to a mere 5% or so.

I think that's easily an acceptable level of risk, given that sex is pretty enjoyable.

--------

Per the Guttmacher Institute, in the US, only 5% of unintended pregnancies ar ...[text shortened]... e strongest proponents.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/contraceptive-use-united-states
    One butchered baby is too many.

You can have sex after you get married. You are just too self centered to care about others being murdered so that you can have a good time.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 14:40
    Embryos are not babies. First trimester abortion is not murder. Sex is for lovers, reality doesn't require marriage first. The solution is to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 14:51
    Embryos are not babies. First trimester abortion is not murder. Sex is for lovers, reality doesn't require marriage first. The solution is to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
    Embryos are not babies just as babies are not toddlers and children are not adults but the are all alive individual humans.

Unborn babies can feel pain at 8 weeks. Unborn babies have a heart beat at 6 weeks.

Butchering someone who can feel pain is generally considered immoral. Killing someone with a heart beat is generally considered murder.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 19:373 edits

You can have sex after you get married. You are just too self centered to care about others being murdered so that you can have a good time.
    I could just as easily say that you're so bad at risk management that you don't know how to have a good time. Puritanism is for people who want to go through life in bubble wrap, so afraid of negative consequences that they forget to have any real experiences.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 19:49

Hilarious how you complain about butchering babies but don't want to encourage birth control methods.
    So how are you going to stop people having sex? Do you want to make it illegal?

And what if I want kids but don't want to get married? What then?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 19:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Hilarious how you complain about butchering babies but don't want to encourage birth control methods.
    So how are you going to stop people having sex? Do you want to make it illegal?

And what if I want kids but don't want to get married? What then?
    I have no problem with guys who don't want kids having a vasectomy. Women can have their tubes tied.

I just have a problem with butchering innocents.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 20:00
    I could just as easily say that you're so bad at risk management that you don't know how to have a good time. Puritanism is for people who want to go through life in bubble wrap, so afraid of negative consequences that they forget to have any real experiences.
    Funny how you have no problem letting another person suffer for your irresponsibility.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 20:12
    I have no problem with guys who don't want kids having a vasectomy. Women can have their tubes tied.

I just have a problem with butchering innocents.
    So you do support encouraging the use of contraceptives? Because a large cause of abortions here in Africa is due to American Christians stopping contraceptives.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree