1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 10:04
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I understand reincarnation in a general sense rather than an individual sense, but one that includes the possibility that some aspects of 'individuals' can re-appear, in larger or greater part.

I am persuaded of the Buddhist idea of no final separate 'self', but they (somewhat awkwardly, imo) follow reincarnation ideas. They talk of 'mind-streams'. Curren ...[text shortened]... the here and now of suffering and release from suffering was the prior focus.
    I agree with you,this being also the Hindu view ,of we being a part of the Ultimate reality. However, since past birth memory transfer cases are not that rare and seem to be genuine,they need some explanation-may be as you suggest a part only of oneself attaching to a new body.Please also see my new post titled " teletransportation of life ?"
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 10:08
    Originally posted by JS357
    I have thought about the idea that we are like water evaporating from the sea, forming raindrops, that find our way back to the sea. Is this analogy inadequate? Total loss of identity, or, should I say, merging of identity into that of the sea. The analogy I think of when pondering reincarnation is of beads being strung on strings, defining an identity.

Bot ...[text shortened]... eason to commit to a reincarnation theory ("live as if it is true'😉 but I continue to explore.
    Both of your analogies have been repeatedly used by various Hindu mystics,poets,saints. So there !
    Please do have a look at my new post on teleportation of life.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 10:36
    I understand reincarnation in a general sense rather than an individual sense, but one that includes the possibility that some aspects of 'individuals' can re-appear, in larger or greater part.

I am persuaded of the Buddhist idea of no final separate 'self', but they (somewhat awkwardly, imo) follow reincarnation ideas. They talk of 'mind-streams'. Curren ...[text shortened]... the here and now of suffering and release from suffering was the prior focus.
    Yes, well put.

Maybe , in our past it was good to breed good karma in the hope of attaining a better life after this one, but in this day and age of tremendous upheaval our focus should be to get rid of all karma and end the cycle of birth and death.
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 12:473 edits
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I agree with you,this being also the Hindu view ,of we being a part of the Ultimate reality. However, since past birth memory transfer cases are not that rare and seem to be genuine,they need some explanation-may be as you suggest a part only of oneself attaching to a new body.Please also see my new post titled " teletransportation of life ?"
    Yes, there are many persuasive incidents of apparent connection to past existences, especially in children. They have been confirmed with unaccountable knowledge of places people connected with this previous existence of someone.

There are different ways of interpreting this "phenomenon", not just the one that says they were this actual life previously. It may be to do with some resonating "access" for some reason to a part of a "universal memory" or what is referred to as 'akashic record' in the Hindu path. I remain unclear as to the nature of the connection, but am persuaded of its veracity in some form.

Resonances of a "standing" nature in some form of 'quantum field' (which would have a real similarity to an " akashic record" ) which is referred to by some theories is not impossible imo, but this probably is too difficult to substantiate.

One may have a strong connection or resonance in one's life, say, as with music, and that aspect, apart from others, may resonate in a later person born with the genetic abilities etc. This would account for such prodigious skills in young musicians like Mozart or Beethoven, who seem to be "born" with the skills and talent. The same is seen in other fields.

In some strange manner, I don't think the Universal Awareness-like "field" ever 'forgets' any event or thing, and that is part of the interconnectedness of everything, past, present and future. It appears to be beyond our mental concepts of time or space. There is more to life than meets the eye.

It also means to me that what we do or don't do has some form of "input" into the ongoing Universe, that is beyond genetics etc.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 13:53
    Yes, there are many persuasive incidents of apparent connection to past existences, especially in children. They have been confirmed with unaccountable knowledge of places people connected with this previous existence of someone.

There are different ways of interpreting this "phenomenon", not just the one that says they were this actual life previously. It ...[text shortened]... form of "input" into the ongoing Universe, that is beyond genetics etc.
    I am reading and rereading the book by Fritjof Capra,titled " The Tao of Physics". While I am an engineer and we were taught some Modern Physics including the Uncertainty Principle and Quantum Theory,the book is not an easy read.
    In this book he has repeatedly stressed the interconnectedness of everything in the universe. He has also given his comments on the Field from which everything springs,as in accordance with Hindu,Buddhist and Tao philosophy.
    It may be quite true that resonance that is sympathetic vibrations may be set up in the Field to cause a child receptive to these vibrations to show prodigious skills Music/Painting/Maths/Chess,but the memories relating to incidents in the past birth when the child firmly states that I was such and such a person in the past birth and these are the details, may not be explainable only by sympathetic vibrations.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '11 15:03
    I am reading and rereading the book by Fritjof Capra,titled " The Tao of Physics". While I am an engineer and we were taught some Modern Physics including the Uncertainty Principle and Quantum Theory,the book is not an easy read.
    In this book he has repeatedly stressed the interconnectedness of everything in the universe. He has also given his comments o ...[text shortened]... e past birth and these are the details, may not be explainable only by sympathetic vibrations.
    In the Holy Bible, God gave visions in dreams to certain people
    that were a prediction of the future as well as a representation of
    the past. There is also a prophecy of many people being given
    visions and dreams in these last days. Several times I have been
    doing something, then suddenly realized everything was taking place
    exactly like I had invisioned in a dream. I even knew exactly, word
    for word, what the person I was talking to was going to say before
    he said it. Satan, the great angel who rebelled against God also has
    great power to influence mankind. And since He does not want man
    to worship the true God, Satan could be behind this. But the Holy Bible
    clearly say that man is appointed ONCE to die, then the judgement.
    This fact, in my opinion, rules out man being born and dying many times.
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:021 edit
    In this book he has repeatedly stressed the interconnectedness of everything in the universe. He has also given his comments o ...[text shortened]... e past birth and these are the details, may not be explainable only by sympathetic vibrations.
    I think I am not a reincarnated Grandmaster, or whatever "resonating vibrations" there might be, are very weak. 🙁 Perhaps they will grow stronger in time?
  8. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In the Holy Bible, God gave visions in dreams to certain people
    that were a prediction of the future as well as a representation of
    the past. There is also a prophecy of many people being given
    visions and dreams in these last days. Several times I have been
    doing something, then suddenly realized everything was taking place
    exactly like I had invisio ...[text shortened]... e, then the judgement.
    This fact, in my opinion, rules out man being born and dying many times.
    I hold Christianity in great respect.Jesus established the equality of all for the first time in human history and emphasised the power of innocence and humbleness. I also agree that many people have this gift of anticipating what the person opposite them is going to say and other paranormal abilities.Many devotees of God or persons who are on the road of to realize God or who have moved closer to him do come to possess various powers.Our theology says that the devotee should not stop at this stage because these things are mere milestones on the way. Nor should the devotee misuse these powers nor he should be proud about them.Else he will lose all that he has gained by way of progress on the path.
    However I do believe that Hindu theory of the cycle of birth and death is true.
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:41
    I think I am not a reincarnated Grandmaster, or whatever "resonating vibrations" there might be, are very weak. 🙁 Perhaps they will grow stronger in time?
    All the very best to you on your path to Ultimate Reality !
  10. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:52
    All the very best to you on your path to Ultimate Reality !
    Thank you. But though we move through the myriads of lifetimes we ever remain here, now. Good journeying to you too, friend.
  11. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:57
    Or do these "lifetimes" move through us, whatever or whoever this "Us" is?
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    02 May '11 09:57
    Or do these "lifetimes" move through us, whatever or whoever this "Us" is?
    We are mere patterns and not isolated individuals as per Quantum Theory. It is better to say that various lifetimes move through various patterns rather than saying that we move through various lifetimes. But the relativity theory will say that both are same things!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree