1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:00
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Have you ever experienced anything other than the universe that has not had a beginning?
    Humans are finite beings who can only really contemplate the world around them in finite terms. It is not surprising that an infinite universe that has always existed, in one form or another, is beyond the comprehension of this finite human mind. (Yours in particular).
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:07
    Have you ever experienced anything other than the universe that has not had a beginning?
    The problem with your underlying premise/assertion - and the fact that you piled other assertions on top of it - isn't going to be solved by you asking more questions.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:081 edit
    You remind me of students who think that zero and no solution are the same answer.
    Were any of them attractive? Did you find yourself lusting after any of them?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:10
    Yes, absolutely everything in the universe that I am aware of or have ever experienced, in one form or other, assuming that the universe did not have a beginning.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:101 edit
    Energy is something.
    God is "something".
    What do you think God used if not energy?

You remind me of a fat miserable teacher with zero charisma and staff room coffee breath.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:11
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Humans are finite beings who can only really contemplate the world around them in finite terms. It is not surprising that an infinite universe that has always existed, in one form or another, is beyond the comprehension of this finite human mind. (Yours in particular).
    Have you seen anything, other than the universe which is infinite?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:13
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    God is "something".
    What do you think God used if not energy?

You remind me of a fat miserable teacher with zero charisma and staff room coffee breath.
    So now you claim something outside this universe created this universe?

You claim that god is something of this universe, although god exists outside the universe? Quite the assumption, which is most likely faulty.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:14
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Yes, absolutely everything in the universe that I am aware of or have ever experienced, in one form or other, assuming that the universe did not have a beginning.
    Name one thing that did not have a beginning, other than the universe itself.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:15
    Do you have an example of this or is this answer based on faith?
    As this is the spiritual forum, I take the liberty to answer this way:

God created the universe from nothing. If that is possible, then everything is possible. Even that BigBang started from nothing.

If the question was put in the science forum I would answer like this:

Everyone knowing some particle physics knows that virtual particles are created and reabsorbed all the time, everywhere, even in complete vacuum.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:16
    Name one thing that did not have a beginning, other than the universe itself.
    Everything in it, everything I have seen, everything I have touched, in one form or another. Like I said. Did you not understand my answer?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:161 edit
    So now you claim something outside this universe created this universe?

You claim that god is something of this universe, although god exists outside the universe? Quite the assumption, which is most likely faulty.
    Could you rewrite this blurt in a way such that makes some sense?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:58
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    As this is the spiritual forum, I take the liberty to answer this way:

God created the universe from nothing. If that is possible, then everything is possible. Even that BigBang started from nothing.

If the question was put in the science forum I would answer like this:

Everyone knowing some particle physics knows that virtual particles are created and reabsorbed all the time, everywhere, even in complete vacuum.
    Yoir science amswer is insufficient.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 11:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Could you rewrite this blurt in a way such that makes some sense?
    Not sure you could understand it.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 12:00
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Everything in it, everything I have seen, everything I have touched, in one form or another. Like I said. Did you not understand my answer?
    One thing. Has the sun always existed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree