Yoir science amswer is insufficient.
    In what way?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 12:06
    Originally posted by @eladar
    One thing. Has the sun always existed?
    I have already answered your question 2-3 times. Apparently, you find it inconvenient.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 13:23
    Not sure you could understand it.
    I'm sure I couldn't. 😕
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 13:57
    Have you seen anything, other than the universe which is infinite?
    Again sir, we are both constrained by our finite understanding and mortality.

Sympathies for being unable to understand even that.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 20:37
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I have already answered your question 2-3 times. Apparently, you find it inconvenient.
    I find your answer laughable.

You are like a politician, act like you've answered a question but really haven't.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 20:411 edit
    I find your answer laughable.

You are like a politician, act like you've answered a question but really haven't.
    Perhaps you just don't understand it.

As you know, I find your proclivity for setting up "thought exercises" - that you attempt to rig so as to get only the answer you want - to be nothing more than weak minded and dishonest posturing.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 20:55
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Perhaps you just don't understand it.

As you know, I find your proclivity for setting up "thought exercises" that you attempt to rig so as to get only the answer you want to be nothing more than weak minded posturing.
    No,I understand the trash you are trying to pass off as a suitable answer.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 20:571 edit
    No,I understand the trash you are trying to pass off as a suitable answer.
    "Suitable" to whom?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 02:48
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I would say so, yes.
    Really? Why pray tell?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 02:48
    Can the universe explain its own origins? Everything in our experience has a beginning and an end.

Theuniverse too then, from a natural perspectuve, have a beginning and an end. How can this be? Can something come from nothing?
    Are you suggesting that everything that is, is the universe and where did it come from?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 02:50
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I would say so, yes.
    I doubt very seriously you are answering that question, without actually having something
    in mind as being here. I think you'd have a hard time even explaining what nothing is.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 03:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Are you suggesting that everything that is, is the universe and where did it come from?
    Everything in our experience has a beginning and an end.

I'm wondering how people explain how something appears from nothing.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 03:38
    We cannot categorically state that the universe "has a beginning and an end" because we do not know it to be so. Further to that, we certainly 'experience' the universe. Therefore, "Everything in our experience has a beginning and an end" is a flawed (or perhaps a deliberately skewed) premise, the purpose of which, I presume, is some sort of exercise in self-serving circular logic on your part.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 06:27
    Before even thinking of an answer of this kind of question, we must first consider the very words 'beginning' and 'end'. Before that the question and certainly the answers are without meaning.

The words may be trivial, because we all know what it means with beginning and an end, right? But from this imprecise words stems all disaagreements.

Say a cat. Does it has a beginning and an end? Is the answer 'yes' or 'no' sufficient? No, not at all. We can answer whatever and both answers are *valid within one context*, and *invalid within another*.

A cat has a beginning at the nose, and an end at the tip of the tail, right? Yes, in this context.
    Or it has a beginning when it's born and end when it dies, right? Yes, in this different context.
    But what it is made of, the atoms, the quarks, the energy, does these things has a beginning and an end? Now, suddenly, the answer can be different.
    What about its soul? Its memory? Its imprint in history? We don't know the answer if we don't define 'beginning' and 'end' properly.

So, I would say no to this fuzzy formulated statement: No, everything in our experience doesn't have to have a beginning and an end.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '17 09:172 edits

I'm wondering how people explain how something appears from nothing.
    Outside of God nothing I'm aware of isn't dated in some method, but my experiences are
    not things I'd look at when speaking about everything. The universe and everything in it,
    is the one thing I believes proves God, because everything could never come from nothing.

Our minds abhor nothing, we automatically fill it with things just as the universe doesn’t
    tolerate a vacuum, it will fill as quick as possible. Nothing is not easily explained, as soon
    as we start talking about it we begin to give it some shape and substance, which are not
    part of nothing. Within a computer program we can have what are empty variables, we
    can use them to be a place holder for whatever we want to put into them. Empty isn’t an
    explanation or description for nothing, because it is a place to hold something. So there is
    an empty variable, but a variable is still a spot, a place holder for some number, letter,
    value, or whatever we want to put in our variable.

Nothing cannot be a part of anything, there will be no light, dark, heat, cold, time, it will
    not change since change requires something to be acted upon, and change itself is
    something as well. If there isn't anything to be acted upon, and action to act, change
    would be impossible, so nothing can ever produce anything, since if there is a thing to
    acted upon we are not really talking about nothing, but something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree