1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 09:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Haven't you read that Jesus fulfilled the laws of sacrifices and ordinances.
    These things do not apply to Christians. Jesus was criticized by the Pharisees
    for unlawfully healing someone on the Sabbath. He declared that the Son
    of Man is Lord of the Sabbath. I do not have to pick and chose which of
    these I wish to do because none of them are required for me to do as a
    Christian.
    so basically, you do not stone your hypothetically fornicating adulterous daughter, not because it would be fukin evil, but because jesus, in his short 3 years of preaching, luckily managed to get around to this aspect and told you not to do it? if he somehow would have forgot or didn't manage to fit it into his schedule, or the pharisees wouldn't have wanted to stone that adulterous(or was she a prostitute) woman and so setting the story of "he who is without sin cast the first stone", we would have been bludgeoning horny teenagers in the present?

jesus was the son of god but he was bound to the laws of physics. as such he couldn't have covered absolutely every moral dilemma to have risen since and to rise from now on. he was on a time schedule from the time he started preaching until we murdered him.

so let's check some of the things he forgot to tell us if it is ok or not.
    1. stem cell research
    2. fusion power
    3. fission power
    4. cars
    5. sky scrapers (god after all got pissed by the tower of babel and how high could a bronze age tower really have been. why doesn't he smite us for the sky scrapers?)
    6. Tv's
    7. airplanes.
    8. interstellar travel. could we dodge the apocalypse this way? john doesn't mention it being a galactic event, it pretty much confines it to earth
    9. ...
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 13:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so basically, you do not stone your hypothetically fornicating adulterous daughter, not because it would be fukin evil, but because jesus, in his short 3 years of preaching, luckily managed to get around to this aspect and told you not to do it? if he somehow would have forgot or didn't manage to fit it into his schedule, or the pharisees wouldn't have want ...[text shortened]... ention it being a galactic event, it pretty much confines it to earth
    9. ...
    He did not need to tell us things we could learn on our own with a
    little nudge from the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity.

Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the
    works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall
    he do; because I go to the Father. (John 14:12 NASB)
  3. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 15:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    What do you think about eating animals that die a natural death?
    I may clarify that in the Vedas( the most ancient 4 books of Hindus ),there are ample descriptions of Ashwamedha-a ritual in which a horse was killed as an offering to Gods.It is not clear whether the horse was eaten but certainly the pieces of the meat were dropped into the sacred ritualistic fire.Many Hindus were and are meat eaters even now although no believer Hindu will eat beef.
    Even Gautam Buddha used to eat meat. He died due to the diarrhea brought on by eating stale pork offered to him by his devotee. Buddha had stated that there is no bar to eating meat,if one was sure that the animal was not specifically killed for him/her.
    Vivekananda,a great son of India and a great exponent of Hindu spiritualism besides being the greatest Yogi of modern times used to eat meat.
    One of the Hindu Spiritual seers who guided Janak,a saintly king in his spiritual journeys,was a butcher.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 15:33
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I may clarify that in the Vedas( the most ancient 4 books of Hindus ),there are ample descriptions of Ashwamedha-a ritual in which a horse was killed as an offering to Gods.It is not clear whether the horse was eaten but certainly the pieces of the meat were dropped into the sacred ritualistic fire.Many Hindus were and are meat eaters even now although no ...[text shortened]... e Hindu Spiritual seers who guided Janak,a saintly king in his spiritual journeys,was a butcher.
    He was not very knowledgeable. If he had read the Holy Bible, he would
    have known not to eat that stale pork.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 18:55
    I may clarify that in the Vedas( the most ancient 4 books of Hindus ),there are ample descriptions of Ashwamedha-a ritual in which a horse was killed as an offering to Gods.It is not clear whether the horse was eaten but certainly the pieces of the meat were dropped into the sacred ritualistic fire.Many Hindus were and are meat eaters even now although no ...[text shortened]... e Hindu Spiritual seers who guided Janak,a saintly king in his spiritual journeys,was a butcher.
    Your comments are false.

Picked up second hand by sifting though the web .

Do not post speculations and fabrications.
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 05:58
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Your comments are false.

Picked up second hand by sifting though the web .

Do not post speculations and fabrications.
    I have copies of all 4 Vedas in my home,original Sanskrit & with Marathi translations and comments. I understand Sanskrit. All other points are also true and readily accessible to me in the form of books at my home.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 06:091 edit
    I have copies of all 4 Vedas in my home,original Sanskrit & with Marathi translations and comments. I understand Sanskrit. All other points are also true and readily accessible to me in the form of books at my home.
    There are 400 translations of Bhagavad Gita.

But one is authorized.

There are many pseudo religionist who attempt to translate the Veda and because of personal agenda do not translate purely and correctly.

When posting about meat eating in the way you have done it you must qualify the reasoning and circumstances in which this has come about because otherwise it may be misleading in which this case is misleading.

Lord Buddha did not eat meat under any circumstances what so ever.

In fact Lord Buddha incarnated to stop animal slaughter and that was his sole purpose for appearing because persons were abusing the Vedic rituals to eat meat.

The Buddhist teachings are rooted in non violence ( Ahimsa) animal welfare.

Any Buddhist who eats meat is a fraud.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 16:50
    There are 400 translations of Bhagavad Gita.

But one is authorized.

There are many pseudo religionist who attempt to translate the Veda and because of personal agenda do not translate purely and correctly.

When posting about meat eating in the way you have done it you must qualify the reasoning and circumstances in which this has come about because oth ...[text shortened]... s are rooted in non violence ( Ahimsa) animal welfare.

Any Buddhist who eats meat is a fraud.
    You are a fraud.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:10
    Teaching children at Sunday school to kill animals and eat the flesh is criminal and child abuse.

The choice to kill is up to each person.

But to teach children to kill is abominable.
    worshiping idols also is child abuse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree