Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Oct '07 13:33
    The much maligned Giant defense ran wild on Donovan McNabb and the Eagle offense which had rolled up 56 points the week before. Maybe the Eagles should have stuck with the silly uniforms!
  2. 01 Oct '07 13:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The much maligned Giant defense ran wild on Donovan McNabb and the Eagle offense which had rolled up 56 points the week before. Maybe the Eagles should have stuck with the silly uniforms!
    Shh! You'll only encourage them.
  3. 01 Oct '07 14:09
    The Giants defenders (especially Umenyiora) looked incredible out there last night. Can't wait to see how they do against the Cowboys!
  4. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    01 Oct '07 15:03
    I don't think the Dolphins could even beat the Hurricanes at this point.
  5. Standard member Virtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    01 Oct '07 15:07
    How come the Eagles wore the Blue and Yellow strips last week? Is that their old colours?
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Oct '07 15:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The Giants defenders (especially Umenyiora) looked incredible out there last night. Can't wait to see how they do against the Cowboys!
    The Cowboys shredded the G-men's defense on opening night as you well know. O-C left early because of an injury, Strahan looked slow due to the hold out and the linebackers and secondary couldn't cover anybody. Even at that, the game was up for grabs until very late. The defense looks like it's picked up the new system and there have been personnel and other changes.

The Giants play at home against the Boys on November 11th. In the interim, they have all games where they should be favored - home games aginst the Jets and 49er's and road games against the Falcons and Dolphins. The Cowboys have to play the Pats in 2 weeks as well as a couple of perhaps challenging road games. It's possible the G-Men still have a shot, but they have to keep playing well and not let weaker teams knock them off.
  7. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    01 Oct '07 15:47
    I don't wanna talk about it
  8. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    01 Oct '07 15:47
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    How come the Eagles wore the Blue and Yellow strips last week? Is that their old colours?
    75th anniversary, that was their uniform in 1932
  9. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    01 Oct '07 23:53
    The Cowboys shredded the G-men's defense on opening night as you well know. O-C left early because of an injury, Strahan looked slow due to the hold out and the linebackers and secondary couldn't cover anybody. Even at that, the game was up for grabs until very late. The defense looks like it's picked up the new system and there have been personnel and o ...[text shortened]... ll have a shot, but they have to keep playing well and not let weaker teams knock them off.
    The Cowboys can afford a loss or two, but I doubt they will before NY. Maybe NE, we will see.
  10. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    01 Oct '07 23:56
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    75th anniversary, that was their uniform in 1932
    Even though it was distracting and blinded their opponents, I kind of liked that uniform. I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of nostalgia Uni's.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    02 Oct '07 16:42
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    The Cowboys can afford a loss or two, but I doubt they will before NY. Maybe NE, we will see.
    At Philly on November 4th is no lock; the Giants caught a break with Westbrook, Smith, Thomas, Dawkins, etc. etc. etc. etc. ALL being hurt. If the Eagles are healthy, they have a good chance of beating the Boys at home.
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Oct '07 16:48
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Even though it was distracting and blinded their opponents, I kind of liked that uniform. I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of nostalgia Uni's.
    I'd love to see this for a day:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/jackolantern22/PatriotslogoPatPatriot.gif

P-