1. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 15:46
    By the way, you are aware he was voted AP Coach of the Year today.

So much for the outcry.[/b]
    That is truly a sad commentary on our time--to give an award to a cheater. But hey, it's happening in all the other sports, so why not football as well.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 16:10
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    That is truly a sad commentary on our time--to give an award to a cheater. But hey, it's happening in all the other sports, so why not football as well.
    Listen, Bill was caught filming. Last year the Jets were caught doing the same thing, and NE Pats just told the camera man to stop.

Mangina and the Jets took it to the next level and tattled.

The film was taken away, and NEVER VIEWED. Sure they cheated, but the didn't gain any magical advantage from the film THEY NEVER SAW. Some people are so ignorant in thinking that the film they never saw helped them win all their games this season. That's really dumb.

Bill did cheat, he was wrong for trying to pull this off after telling the Jets last year not to do the same thing. The pats paid the fine, they are missing a first round pick also. Punishment served, Cameragate is over.

What they did this year EARNED Bill the award of coach of the year. If the NFL wants to make a rule where a cheating coach can't win that, they should. They made a similar rule for players I believe after Sean Merriman won an award the same year he tested positive for steroids.

Bill got twice as many votes as the runner-up. Bill got more than half the total votes. Bill is coach of the year, and he EARNED it.

P-
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 16:39
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Would the Jets have beat the Pats in a FAIR contest? Hmmm. We'll never know...since New England CHEATED! 😉
    You do understand that the tape was confiscated before it could be given to the coaches?

Maybe we're assuming too much by expecting you to use logic and reason.
  4. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    04 Jan '08 22:25
    Originally posted by DaBearsFan08
    Tainted? Lets be realistic. Did you really think the Jets would have beat the Pats anyhow? Highly unlikely. Since then there has been nothing illegal with what the Pats have done. They go out and kill teams with talent not cheats. There's nothing special with what they do. If you watch some replays all Brady does is throw it up to Moss in triple coverag ...[text shortened]... The coverage is right on but they still can't stop them. No tainted record there as I see it.
    Okay - chances are the Pats would have beaten the Jets - but how many other times did they cheat and not get caught?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Jan '08 00:16
    Originally posted by John1916
    Okay - chances are the Pats would have beaten the Jets - but how many other times did they cheat and not get caught?
    You can say that about any team, or player.

P-
  6. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    06 Jan '08 23:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You can say that about any team, or player.

P-
    I guess your right, but how many other teams after getting caught in the act off such obvious cheating, would still have the nerve to claim to was purely down to the teams outstanding performances that they got a 16-0 season.
  7. USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '08 23:32
    I guess your right, but how many other teams after getting caught in the act off such obvious cheating, would still have the nerve to claim to was purely down to the teams outstanding performances that they got a 16-0 season.
    Can you rephrase your post it's worded akwardly...
  8. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 00:09
    John, do you, like, come from another dimension where you experience time in a non-linear fashion? Because here on Earth we experience events that occur in sequence, for example, the Patriots were accused of cheating in the very first game of the season, and since then, no one has questioned for a second that all their following victories have been the result of a great team playing with honest ferocity, dealing a heavy dose of karma to all those who dared to question their hearts. Being from outside our 4-D universe, you might have difficulty understanding such words as "first," "since," and "following," so just trust us that all this year's victories are untainted, and are being played by perhaps the greatest team to ever strap on the pads in the NFL.

Go Pats!
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 01:14
    I know what it feels like to be the Patriots... I am also hated.

P-
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 03:58

P-
    I'd let you join the club but....
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 05:02

P-
    Hey, at least you're not a CHEATER 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree