1. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 13:52
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Patriots showed their dominance by being the first team this year to clinch a position in the Super Bowl. Green Bay and Giants are still playing because they are no where near as GREAT as the Patriots!

Go Pats!

P-
    Well if you went to bed early you missed the best QB in the NFL!!!!!!
    Go Go Eli,, bring on Brady and the rest.... A season is all about pacing yourself and the Pat's have peeked too early.... There's no doubt the Pat's have had the easier run in to the Superbowl.... Would the Pat's have made it if they'd had road games at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay????
    Bring it on, Giants to win by 10..............
  2. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by dicky
    .... Would the Pat's have made it if they'd had road games at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay????...
    Yes
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 14:08
    Go Go Eli,, bring on Brady and the rest.... A season is all about pacing yourself and the Pat's have peeked too early.... There's no doubt the Pat's have had the easier run in to the Superbowl.... Would the Pat's have made it if they'd had road games at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay????
    I watched, what a great game!

P-
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 14:10
    Wait, what's this 'easy stuff'?

They beat nearly every team that went to the play-offs this year in the regular season and play-offs combined.

There was nothing easy about what they did, they just made it look easy.

P-
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 14:11
    Lets not also forget that was before free-agency and money restrictions. Today the teams are on a more level playing field when it comes to developing a roster.

P-
    I agree; this attempt at perfection by the Patriots is truly a more spectacular achievement considering how the forces of parity have been aligned against them.
  6. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 14:44
    Wait, what's this 'easy stuff'?

They beat nearly every team that went to the play-offs this year in the regular season and play-offs combined.

There was nothing easy about what they did, they just made it look easy.

P-
    Green Bay, err No, Tampa Bay, err No (and you lost at Tampa pre season, I Believe??) Titans, err No (O'h and you lost to them pre season as well!!!! he he) Seahawks, err No, Jags, err No..... I rest my case...... Easy easy easy road to the Super Bowl!!!!!!
    Ok,, lets get real...... Giants have improved every week since months back and Eli is a man on a mission.... Pat's, well, have they seriously peeked too early, and how easy has the run in been for you...... Big questions that wont get answered for a couple of weeks but but but don't write the Giants off just yet.... If the game is anything like as good as the last meeting (Wk 17) then what a cracker it's going to be.... Go D!!!!!!!
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 15:10
    Green Bay, err No, Tampa Bay, err No (and you lost at Tampa pre season, I Believe??) Titans, err No (O'h and you lost to them pre season as well!!!! he he) Seahawks, err No, Jags, err No..... I rest my case...... Easy easy easy road to the Super Bowl!!!!!!
    Ok,, lets get real...... Giants have improved every week since months back and Eli is a man on a mission ...[text shortened]... ike as good as the last meeting (Wk 17) then what a cracker it's going to be.... Go D!!!!!!!
    7 play-off teams they've beaten in regular or post season:

San Diego (twice)
    Dallas
    Washington
    Indy
    Pitsburg
    NYG
    Jacksonville.

You want to name Titans in your list? That's dumb. You've named a bunch of teams that were out first round, what is your point?

The only team they didn't play regular season was Jags, and they knocked them out of the playoffs.

Please name someone from your list that would have beat New England, and explain why... it won't be easy considering they are all playing golf now.

P-
  8. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 15:48
    7 play-off teams they've beaten in regular or post season:

San Diego (twice)
    Dallas
    Washington
    Indy
    Pitsburg
    NYG
    Jacksonville.

You want to name Titans in your list? That's dumb. You've named a bunch of teams that were out first round, what is your point?

The only team they didn't play regular season was Jags, and they knocked them out of t ...[text shortened]... land, and explain why... it won't be easy considering they are all playing golf now.

P-
    Ok ok, I'll give you the wild card games,,, but still!!!!!
    .... or are we talking AFC only???? What about Seattle and Green Bay then or had you forgotten about them.. Either could have beaten you with home field advantage.....
    NFC has been far more competitive this year, you've only got to look at the AFC east to see what I mean!!!!
    There's no doubt the Pat's on paper should walk this but you might well be missing my point, I truly believe that the Giants go into the Super Bowl with far more momentum and having played the far superior football over the past few weeks..
    Their weak link has always been Eli and there cant now be a player with more confidence than him....

Giants by 9 then!!!!
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 15:54
    Ok ok, I'll give you the wild card games,,, but still!!!!!
    .... or are we talking AFC only???? What about Seattle and Green Bay then or had you forgotten about them.. Either could have beaten you with home field advantage.....
    NFC has been far more competitive this year, you've only got to look at the AFC east to see what I mean!!!!
    There's no doubt the Pat ...[text shortened]... Eli and there cant now be a player with more confidence than him....

Giants by 9 then!!!!
    We can never know about Green Bay or Seattle having not played them, but I wouldn't have bet against the Pats.

I wouldn't next week either.

See Cris Carter's Six Points:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs;_ylt=AkVnuWJMkkX6Q0IVWuDhTG1DubYF

P-
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 19:28
    Sounds convincing to me, maybe we shouldnt show up, the Giants are mighty. I guess the only thing we have going for us is that we havent lost a game IN THE LAST YEAR😲😲
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 19:32
    Fast track, 2 weeks for Hoodie to prepare. 2 weeks for the old boys to rest and get their legs back for their destiny with FOREVER!
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 21:17
    It's rather interesting that the Giant-Packer game received far better ratings than the Pats-Charger game. In fact, the AFC Championship Game's ratings were down from last year. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7703034

It seems that the Pats run to history isn't so compelling to most NFL fans.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 14:492 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's rather interesting that the Giant-Packer game received far better ratings than the Pats-Charger game. In fact, the AFC Championship Game's ratings were down from last year. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7703034

It seems that the Pats run to history isn't so compelling to most NFL fans.
    About as compelling as watching paint dry. I sure did'nt waste my time watching it. As a matter of fact, I don't even know if I will watch the Super Bowl. It will probably be a toss up between doing laundry or watching the game. Maybe I will flip a coin to decide.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 13:13
    Originally posted by telerion
    Congrats and good luck in the SB. I'll continue to cheering for their opposition, as I have all season, but I've gotta take my hat off to great play.
    I do not tip my hat to cheaters. The Pats let me, and a lot of other believers, down.
  15. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 15:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    About as compelling as watching paint dry. I sure did'nt waste my time watching it. As a matter of fact, I don't even know if I will watch the Super Bowl. It will probably be a toss up between doing laundry or watching the game. Maybe I will flip a coin to decide.
    You're a toss up.

Go Pats!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree