1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 11:18
    "2013 New England Patriots/Off Season"

http://www.teamtombrady.org/

Note: MA Home Sweet Home (but glad opportunity took me elsewhere decades ago).
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 12:00
    The New England Patriots can rot in hell.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 16:04
    Seahawks have the #1 offseason rank according to espn. They made a move for Percy Harvin and attained two versatile pass rushers.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 18:472 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Seahawks have the #1 offseason rank according to espn. They made a move for Percy Harvin and attained two versatile pass rushers.
    “NFL 2014 Super Bowl News & Views”

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds.shtml
    -
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 19:112 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “NFL 2014 Super Bowl News & Views”

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds.shtml
    -
    Atlanta gets no love. 16 to 1!

Ravens, 22 to 1! The Saints get better odds at 18.
  6. Joined
    27 Feb '13
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 20:08
    Originally posted by Zamboner

I have Hawks, 49ers, Pats, Broncos and Packers as the top 5 teams.. I think the 3 you mentioned are in the 6-10 range. The Ravens have lost 8 starters IIRC. 22-1 is probably close to where they should be, their window was last year and they did what was needed.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 20:301 edit
    Team 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII Futures Odds
    Money Odds (Payout Per $100 Bet.)

Arizona Cardinals +$12,500 (125 to 1)

$100 on Arizona makes sense to me. With Parity and Salary Caps, even the worst teams surpise. Many, if not most, top flight teams today were mediocre at an earlier time. Las Vegas has the House Edge because Favorites are Consistently Overbet Against the Morning Line. In our own "CBS/Bragging Rights Only Pool". Underdogs have Covered With the Points between 54% to 58% Seasonally since 2008. In my view, the NFL's still the best game in town.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 03:011 edit
    Originally posted by Fright
    I have Hawks, 49ers, Pats, Broncos and Packers as the top 5 teams.. I think the 3 you mentioned are in the 6-10 range. The Ravens have lost 8 starters IIRC. 22-1 is probably close to where they should be, their window was last year and they did what was needed.
    I think Houston will be strong again as well.
    Merciless will fill Barwin's slot, Ed Reed takes over at Free Safety,
    they get Brian Cushing back, and their offense has stayed basically in tact, except
    for a need at #2 wideout in case Posey isn't healthy, and some depth for O line.
    Oh, and they need to get a fullback.
  9. Joined
    27 Feb '13
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 05:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think Houston will be strong again as well.
    Merciless will fill Barwin's slot, Ed Reed takes over at Free Safety,
    they get Brian Cushing back, and their offense has stayed basically in tact, except
    for a need at #2 wideout in case Posey isn't healthy, and some depth for O line.
    Oh, and they need to get a fullback.
    Yeah the more I think of it I might like them a bit better than Green Bay. A good draft by them with some immediate impact players could make them the top AFC team.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 12:361 edit
    When was the last time any of these preseason favorites actually made it to the big game and won it? 93 and 95 Cowboys? Useless speculation except the teams that are manifestly in decline because of losing top flight players like the Ravens. I truly dislike how SB champion teams get dismantled after the big win and gutted like dead fish. It will be fascinating to see what 49ers do and how Seahawks respond. I doubt 49ers catch lightning in a jar two years in a row and defenses should be better prepared to deal with Krappernick and his goofy boss Harbaugh. Texans are beginning to look formidable indeed and should solidify in the draft, but still don't have a credible QB. Adding Reed should make them an even better D, but Reed does not play QB! Cowboys are a certain favorite for 8-8 or worse! Broncos should make a credible run as should Packers. Bears will compete with Cowboys for mediocrity! Sad state of affairs for two erstwhile great teams.
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 13:402 edits
    The Ravens will be in the playoffs again, folks. Let's not soil ourselves here. No other team, other than the Patriots, has been able to remain so consistent filling in starter spots. Ellerbe was a big loss for them but guys like Lewis, Reed and Boldin are replaceable parts on the field, maybe not so much in the locker room though. Who else in the AFC North will challenge them? Certainly not the Steelers who no longer have any real skill players to speak of. Their only challenge will come from the Bungles.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 14:34
    The Ravens will be in the playoffs again, folks. Let's not soil ourselves here. No other team, other than the Patriots, has been able to remain so consistent filling in starter spots. Ellerbe was a big loss for them but guys like Lewis, Reed and Boldin are replaceable parts on the field, maybe not so much in the locker room though. Who else in the AFC N ...[text shortened]... nger have any real skill players to speak of. Their only challenge will come from the Bungles.
    Perhaps, but Ravens will not go far into the playoffs. Cannot just plug in other players and make a run. Proof is in the pudding. All teams would be contenders if losing pro-bowlers and plugging in just anyone was a viable option. Take the Falcons, for example. Where do they find another Gonzales? Can their receiving corps step up and fill in for the 107 or so catches of a wonderful TE(combined reg and post-season)? That's a huge hole to plug in even by a wonderful receiving corps! I do agree that no other team does better than the Ravens in finding subs of merit and their GM is the best in the business.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 16:26
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Perhaps, but Ravens will not go far into the playoffs. Cannot just plug in other players and make a run. Proof is in the pudding. All teams would be contenders if losing pro-bowlers and plugging in just anyone was a viable option. Take the Falcons, for example. Where do they find another Gonzales? Can their receiving corps step up and fill in for the 10 ...[text shortened]... does better than the Ravens in finding subs of merit and their GM is the best in the business.
    Gonzales is going to play for the Falcons this season, last I heard.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 17:38
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Gonzales is going to play for the Falcons this season, last I heard.
    Must have been offered a deal he could not refuse. Gonzales is a monster TE and truly irreplaceable. His per yd avg is great, but he sure makes clutch catches at right moments and I think that is even more valuable. He sure props up a middling QB like Ryan.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 01:22

I hope that means you are a fellow Dirty Bird. As angry as I was that the press and the so-called "experts" didn't give ATL any respect all season... I have to admit; I didn't either. In fact, my realistic attitude, which others often misconstrue as pessimism (that attitude being I will not predict a win, or, celebrate on the sidelines when there is time left on the clock), was actually engrained into my brain by the very Falcons themselves. I learned over time not to count on ANYTHING until the last second has ticked off the clock. The disappointments far outweigh the few shining moments that the Falcons have had.

That being said, I'm a diehard fan and I cheer them on every week. I feel like the Falcons--assuming we get Tony Gonzalez replaced and hopefully with a talented young free agent--are going to be in the thick of things for the next several years. Matt Ryan is the real deal, and so are Roddy White and Julio Jones. We can't really help but be good.. at least offensively.

If we can get good free agent help in the TE, DE positions we are going to be eyeing an NFC championship game in 2014.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree