1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 01:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    When was the last time any of these preseason favorites actually made it to the big game and won it? 93 and 95 Cowboys? Useless speculation except the teams that are manifestly in decline because of losing top flight players like the Ravens. I truly dislike how SB champion teams get dismantled after the big win and gutted like dead fish. It will be fasc ...[text shortened]... s will compete with Cowboys for mediocrity! Sad state of affairs for two erstwhile great teams.
    Being the favorite doesnt mean much thats why, even my seahawks, with one of the best odds, at 9 to 1 is still being given just over a 10% chance to win it all.
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 01:51
    When Vick arose on the scene... year 1, no one had an answer for him. After a couple years went by, teams (especially the Tampa Bay Bucs) learned how to play against him. The idea is to stay in front of the mobile QB, don't penetrate too deeply unless a sack is completely assured, and keep the edges defended. QB's like Russ Wilson and RG3 will do damage for a couple more years, and assuming no career-ending injury, which is assuming much, teams will learn how to defend against them, they will lose a step or two, and they will stop being superhuman. San Fran and Seattle have just 1 or 2 years left and then they will fall back into the 2nd tier where they belong.

😉
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 06:032 edits
    Archived Opening 2013 Super Bowl XLVII NFL Futures Odds From Early 2012 to Win Super Bowl 47. Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2/3/2013 Team Super Bowl XLVII (47) Historical Odds Futures (Money odds on a $100 bet)

Arizona Cardinals +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    Atlanta Falcons +$2,000 (20 to 1)
    > Baltimore Ravens +$1,200 (12 to 1)
    Buffalo Bills +$5,000 (50 to 1)

Carolina Panthers +$4,000 (40 to 1)
    Chicago Bears +$3,000 (30 to 1)
    Cincinnati Bengals +$4,000 (40 to 1)
    Cleveland Browns +$10,000 (100 to 1)

Dallas Cowboys +$2,000 (20 to 1)
    Denver Broncos +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    Detroit Lions +$2,000 (20 to 1)
    > Green Bay Packers +$500 (5 to 1)

Houston Texans +$1,500 (15 to 1)
    Indianapolis Colts +$4,000 (40 to 1)
    Jacksonville Jaguars +$10,000 (100 to 1)
    Kansas City Chiefs +$5,000 (50 to 1)

Miami Dolphins +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    Minnesota Vikings +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    > New England Patriots +$800 (8 to 1)
    > New Orleans Saints +$600 (6 to 1)

New York Giants +$2,000 (20 to 1)
    New York Jets +$2,000 (20 to 1)
    Oakland Raiders +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    Philadelphia Eagles +$1,200 (12 to 1)

Pittsburgh Steelers +$1,200 (12 to 1)
    San Diego Chargers +$1,500 (15 to 1)
    > San Francisco 49ers +$2,000 (20 to 1)
    Seattle Seahawks +$5,000 (50 to 1)

St. Louis Rams +$10,000 (100 to 1)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    Tennessee Titans +$5,000 (50 to 1)
    Washington Redskins +$10,000 (100 to 1)

Note: Average 2013 Super Bowl Odds = 39.2 to 1 (1,255/32=39.2).
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 15:28
    Must have been offered a deal he could not refuse. Gonzales is a monster TE and truly irreplaceable. His per yd avg is great, but he sure makes clutch catches at right moments and I think that is even more valuable. He sure props up a middling QB like Ryan.
    No, actually, he changed his mind and wanted to come back.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 15:31
    Houston upgrades at punter and signs Shane Lechler. I am sure the fact that he makes
    his offseason home in Houston, and that Kubiak is a former aggie may have helped here.

Geez, our kicker is an aggie, our punter is an aggie, our coach is an aggie.
    Is Houston scheduled to play Alabama this year?
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '13 20:46
    Originally posted by sumydid
    When Vick arose on the scene... year 1, no one had an answer for him. After a couple years went by, teams (especially the Tampa Bay Bucs) learned how to play against him. The idea is to stay in front of the mobile QB, don't penetrate too deeply unless a sack is completely assured, and keep the edges defended. QB's like Russ Wilson and RG3 will do damage f ...[text shortened]... st 1 or 2 years left and then they will fall back into the 2nd tier where they belong.

😉
    RG3 is like vick except he can throw. Russel Wilson is more like Brees except he can run and scramble.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 00:43
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Houston upgrades at punter and signs Shane Lechler. I am sure the fact that he makes
    his offseason home in Houston, and that Kubiak is a former aggie may have helped here.

Geez, our kicker is an aggie, our punter is an aggie, our coach is an aggie.
    Is Houston scheduled to play Alabama this year?
    Very funny! Houston is sure shoring up key holes, but I am still unconvinced by Schaub. They should make a strong run at Geno Smith, wave of the future and probable late first rounder. A&M would probably beat at least half of the NFL right now as would Alabama the other half, much as I dislike the Tide.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 05:091 edit
    Very funny! Houston is sure shoring up key holes, but I am still unconvinced by Schaub. They should make a strong run at Geno Smith, wave of the future and probable late first rounder. A&M would probably beat at least half of the NFL right now as would Alabama the other half, much as I dislike the Tide.
    you are nuts. No college team is going to beat ANY pro team.

Secondly, Geno Smith ain't the real deal.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 06:23
    Peyton's Birthday today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Manning

Question: Elway gives Peyton a gift or does the new QB give one to him?
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 13:45
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Seahawks have the #1 offseason rank according to espn. They made a move for Percy Harvin and attained two versatile pass rushers.
    Congratulations on winning the off-season championship.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 18:03
    LOL!

Alabama wouldn't have a prayer to beat any NFL team. Not even the 2-14 Chiefs. No college team does.

Once again you prove you know absolutely nothing about football.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:19
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    you are nuts. No college team is going to beat ANY pro team.

Secondly, Geno Smith ain't the real deal.
    You think that Alabama couldn't beat the hapless Cowboys, or Kansas City, Jets, Buffalo, or even a low rated playoff team like the Bungles? Of course they could.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:29
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    LOL!

Alabama wouldn't have a prayer to beat any NFL team. Not even the 2-14 Chiefs. No college team does.

Once again you prove you know absolutely nothing about football.
    Your pronouncements, as usual, are based no more on sound logic than mine on illogic. Alabama could easily beat any low level NFL team. First off their O-line is better that the Chiefs. Their running and passing attacks better. Defense? Way better! Now explain with all these phases of the game being better how they would be unable to beat the Chiefs? What's more, I think that the Tide might injure a few Chiefs. I think you are dead wrong. Lastly, don't make this about me. Either argue your point or don't respond. I am really tired of the ad hominem attacks of people who don't want to debate and just insult. Whereas yours is fairly mild you have to prove you know more and you are not doing so. You are simply stating I know less. Based on whether a college team can beat a pro team or not? Since you cannot possible prove me wrong, just what exactly is your argument? and BTW, Geno Smith is way better than you think. Tall, rocket arm, scrambler. Just what exactly is there not to like? You think Schaub is better?
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:30
    You think that Alabama couldn't beat the hapless Cowboys, or Kansas City, Jets, Buffalo, or even a low rated playoff team like the Bungles? Of course they could.
    You are out of your head. You really don't have a clue do you?
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:311 edit
    Your pronouncements, as usual, are based no more on sound logic than mine on illogic. Alabama could easily beat any low level NFL team. First off their O-line is better that the Chiefs. Their running and passing attacks better. Defense? Way better! Now explain with all these phases of the game being better how they would be unable to beat the Chiefs? Wh , rocket arm, scrambler. Just what exactly is there not to like? You think Schaub is better?
    Ha ha ha. Do you ever wonder why they don't take you seriously?
    This is precisely why!!

Next you'll be saying the Little League World Series Champs could beat a weak college team.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree