1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    17 Jan '10 20:39
    What a lousy weekend of football. Three straight stinkers.

    Let's hope the Jets show up and give us one good game this weekend.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Jan '10 20:41
    Originally posted by sh76
    What a lousy weekend of football. Three straight stinkers.

    Let's hope the Jets show up and give us one good game this weekend.
    Regrettably, I don't see them bucking the trend. Cowboys have been outplayed in every phase of the game. Chargers are better than the Vikes and Jets worse than the Cowboys. Do not see the Jets advancing! Melanerpes called it right. All home teams thus far have prevailed!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    17 Jan '10 23:39
    Jets hanging in there so far! Who woulda thunk! Go Jets! Once they win they can eliminate Indy and haunt them for years!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    18 Jan '10 01:03
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Jets hanging in there so far! Who woulda thunk! Go Jets! Once they win they can eliminate Indy and haunt them for years!
    Congrats sh76! I declare the Jets are no longer pukes. Gritty win. What a game! I am firmly in the Jets' corner now. I hope they beat the snot out of Indy and haunt them for decades to come! Sanchez hung in there like a tough guy and took the bull by the horns!
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    18 Jan '10 01:04
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Jets hanging in there so far! Who woulda thunk! Go Jets! Once they win they can eliminate Indy and haunt them for years!
    After the Jets weathered the initial hit and got to the middle of the second down 7-0, I knew they had a chance. Their running game always picks up in the second half.

    I know Kaeding choked, but one thing... WTF was up with that fumble that was overturned in the second quarter?? That was a fumble if there ever was one.

    In any case, yes, SD is probably the better team. But, hey, that's why they PLAY THE GAMES!

    Frankly, I don't see why they can't beat the Colts. Manning wouldn't throw that ridiculous pick that Rivers did in the third quarter, but the Colts don't have an Antonio Gates, either.

    BTW, I don't watch much of the Packers, so I can't say Charles Woodson wasn't deserving of defensive player of the year. But, if there's a greater defensive back that's ever played that's playing better than Darelle Revis, I've certainly never seen it.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    18 Jan '10 01:09
    Originally posted by sh76
    After the Jets weathered the initial hit and got to the middle of the second down 7-0, I knew they had a chance. Their running game always picks up in the second half.

    I know Kaeding choked, but one thing... WTF was up with that fumble that was overturned in the second quarter?? That was a fumble if there ever was one.

    In any case, yes, SD is probably the ...[text shortened]... ever played that's playing better than Darelle Revis, I've certainly never seen it.
    Revis played awesome, smart football! That INT off the bounce off the heel will be replayed for years to come! I won't make a prediction since I got all of them wrong this weekend. I might jinx the Jets. It should be a really interesting game! By far this was the weekends' best game. I hate blowouts
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    18 Jan '10 02:56
    Originally posted by sh76
    After the Jets weathered the initial hit and got to the middle of the second down 7-0, I knew they had a chance. Their running game always picks up in the second half.

    I know Kaeding choked, but one thing... WTF was up with that fumble that was overturned in the second quarter?? That was a fumble if there ever was one.

    In any case, yes, SD is probably the ...[text shortened]... ever played that's playing better than Darelle Revis, I've certainly never seen it.
    Logic says that the Colts who managed to physically manhandle the Ravens (a team similar to, but superior to the Jets) shouldn't lose to NYJ.

    But logic says that Kaeding doesn't miss as many FGs in one game as he did the whole year. The Jets are making a run that looks quite a bit like the Giant run of two years ago. Maybe they are a TEAM OF DESTINY.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    18 Jan '10 03:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Logic says that the Colts who managed to physically manhandle the Ravens (a team similar to, but superior to the Jets) shouldn't lose to NYJ.

    But logic says that Kaeding doesn't miss as many FGs in one game as he did the whole year. The Jets are making a run that looks quite a bit like the Giant run of two years ago. Maybe they are a TEAM OF DESTINY.
    Earlier I credited melanerpes for your fine predicting skill. Sorry! Should be a good game!
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    18 Jan '10 13:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Earlier I credited melanerpes for your fine predicting skill. Sorry! Should be a good game!
    So far this post-season, my "predicting skill" has the same chance of getting the winner right as flipping a coin does.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    18 Jan '10 14:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So far this post-season, my "predicting skill" has the same chance of getting the winner right as flipping a coin does.
    That would be 50-50. You are firmly at 75%! Go to Vegas, my man. Give us your picks for the CCG's. If Kaeding hadn't sucked you would be at 100%!
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    18 Jan '10 14:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Logic says that the Colts who managed to physically manhandle the Ravens (a team similar to, but superior to the Jets) shouldn't lose to NYJ.

    But logic says that Kaeding doesn't miss as many FGs in one game as he did the whole year. The Jets are making a run that looks quite a bit like the Giant run of two years ago. Maybe they are a TEAM OF DESTINY.
    so far in the playoffs, the Jet defense has faced 5 FG attempts from seemingly flawless kickers. And so far, the result has been Phtttttt!!! Something weird is going on here.

    Maybe the football gods are making up for what happened to Jets with Doug Brien five years ago against Pittsburgh.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    18 Jan '10 15:04
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    so far in the playoffs, the Jet defense has faced 5 FG attempts from seemingly flawless kickers. And so far, the result has been Phtttttt!!! Something weird is going on here.

    Maybe the football gods are making up for what happened to Jets with Doug Brien five years ago against Pittsburgh.
    The football gods are out to punish Cowardly Caldwell and the Colts! The PC gods may also want a second Hispanic QB to win the SB (first one being Plunkett). Who knows? It is a weird run, but they are taking the bull by the horns them Jets!
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    18 Jan '10 15:49
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The football gods are out to punish Cowardly Caldwell and the Colts! The PC gods may also want a second Hispanic QB to win the SB (first one being Plunkett). Who knows? It is a weird run, but they are taking the bull by the horns them Jets!
    He didn't win it, but I want to include Joe Kapp as an early exceptional Mexican QB.

    Anyway, he's probably my favorite player of all time.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    18 Jan '10 15:57
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    That would be 50-50. You are firmly at 75%! Go to Vegas, my man. Give us your picks for the CCG's. If Kaeding hadn't sucked you would be at 100%!
    25% in the first round for no1; 75% in the second.

    That's 50-50 over-all.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    18 Jan '10 16:04
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    so far in the playoffs, the Jet defense has faced 5 FG attempts from seemingly flawless kickers. And so far, the result has been Phtttttt!!! Something weird is going on here.

    Maybe the football gods are making up for what happened to Jets with Doug Brien five years ago against Pittsburgh.
    Or the breaks are finally going the Jets' way.

    The Jets were 0-5 this year in games decided by 5 points or less. They couldn't close the deal; right?

    Well, now, they've finally been able to close the deal in a couple of games.
Back to Top