1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 17:40
    52 for 2, Ponting out for 5, gulp! i shall be on suicide watch for the next twenty four hours, possibly longer!
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 18:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    52 for 2, Ponting out for 5, gulp! i shall be on suicide watch for the next twenty four hours, possibly longer!
    Sounds to me like this belongs in the puzzle section 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 22:25
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Sounds to me like this belongs in the puzzle section 🙂
    Lol, no my Celtic cousin, its a matter of national importance for us Scots, that England do not win the ashes! i repeat, do not win the ashes!
  4. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 09:40
    Lol, no my Celtic cousin, its a matter of national importance for us Scots, that England do not win the ashes! i repeat, do not win the ashes!
    Care to share, Robbie? Why?

🙂
  5. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 10:36
    2 for 112, one run behind. We gotta last most of the day. Tough when the English bowlers are going through us like a dodgy vindaloo.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 11:341 edit
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    Care to share, Robbie? Why?

🙂
    Yes Bindi my dear, we have a national media, we must watch in agony as the pommies parade through their respective cities dressed up like a bunch of tailors dummies proclaiming their greatness to a game which is culturally alien to us. There are very few Scots who are interested in this game, yet they are subject to it in the national media as if we were. it is not only a marginalisation but injury on top of insult to suggest that we should accept it as if we were. thats why Australia must win! My goodness they national weather man comes on and tells us what the weather is going to be and how it might affect play, its about as relevant to Scotland as morris dancing while having a high Devon tea with clotted cream and strawberries, or those boring lawn parties our English neighbours are so fond of!
  7. London
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 12:25
    Yes Bindi my dear, we have a national media, we must watch in agony as the pommies parade through their respective cities dressed up like a bunch of tailors dummies proclaiming their greatness to a game which is culturally alien to us. There are very few Scots who are interested in this game, yet they are subject to it in the national media as if we ...[text shortened]... tted cream and strawberries, or those boring lawn parties our English neighbours are so fond of!
    As far as I can tell, quite a few Scots actually take an interest in the game, and saying it is culturally alien to your nation when it has been well established there for 140+ years.

Scotland had quite a large amount of support in the 20-20 world cup this year, and that they rank in the top 12 20-20 teams in the world says something.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 12:251 edit
    Watson may have accidently become our new best openner,while Hussey has come back into some much needed form. If the Aussies save this one they may yet win the series 2-1.
    where has the Aussie 'mongrel' gone? At least Watson seems to be staring and 'talking' back to Flintoff. Come on Aussies . Get back your 'mongrel'!!!RAHHHH!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 12:32
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    As far as I can tell, quite a few Scots actually take an interest in the game, and saying it is culturally alien to your nation when it has been well established there for 140+ years.

Scotland had quite a large amount of support in the 20-20 world cup this year, and that they rank in the top 12 20-20 teams in the world says something.
    you are not Scottish, you have no idea! i have never seen any kid, in my entire life playing cricket in the streets, as one would in Pakistan, or India, no, not once! so please enough of your pretence, its bad enough we must be subject to your culture as if it were our own, when nothing could be further from the truth!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 12:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Watson may have accidently become our new best openner,while Hussey has come back into some much needed form. If the Aussies save this one they may yet win the series 2-1.
    where has the Aussie 'mongrel' gone? At least Watson seems to be staring and 'talking' back to Flintoff. Come on Aussies . Get back your 'mongrel'!!!RAHHHH!
    i would like you to meditate deeply my friend, offer up incense, anything to appease the Gods!
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 13:05
    i would like you to meditate deeply my friend, offer up incense, anything to appease the Gods!
    Ok🙂
    I'm lighting an incense stick right now
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 18:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok🙂
    I'm lighting an incense stick right now
    🙂 i think you may just have saved the day Karoly 🙂
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 21:07
    i have never seen any kid, in my entire life playing cricket in the streets
    Aye. You need sunshine to play cricket.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 21:472 edits
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Aye. You need sunshine to play cricket.1
    yep and nothing to do for at least five days, except dress up as chicks, drink beer, sing inane versions of barmy army and God save the queen.

My goodness look at the contrast, the Aussies have a brilliant unofficial national anthem, men at work, what have the pommies got, a drone of a dirge, 'God save the queen', even the sex pistols couldn't make it any more risqué, in the name of good taste i hope the Aussies win and at least we can bounce around instead of trailing our hands along the ground to some funeral dirge!!
  15. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 12:361 edit
    My goodness look at the contrast, the Aussies have a brilliant unofficial national anthem, men at work.
    Good trolling, but you slipped up there. No sane person would call Men at Work "brilliant".

In case you didn't notice, God Save the Queen (while rubbish, I'll happily admit) is not the English national anthem. It's the British anthem. That includes the Scots. Of course, the Queen is also the Aussie's head of state as well, since they haven't had the sense to get their own yet.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree