1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 11:27
    starts this week.

are we going to be looking at another wales grand slam or is france going to step up and take it away from them?

i believe it's between them for the trophy, yeah england, ireland, scotland and even italy could beat anyone on their day at home but only wales and france can boost a truly world class squad.

ireland are going to struggle badly, i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win a game. france and england at home won't be easy, forget about wales away and italy and scotland have greatly improved in recent performances. if we avoid the wooden spoon i'll be happy, the days of ireland being touted as potential winners are long gone.

my final table prediction

1. france - 8 points
    2. wales - 8
    3. scotland - 6
    4. england - 4
    5. italy - 4
    6. ireland - 0
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 00:26
    Originally posted by trev33
    starts this week.

are we going to be looking at another wales grand slam or is france going to step up and take it away from them?

i believe it's between them for the trophy, yeah england, ireland, scotland and even italy could beat anyone on their day at home but only wales and france can boost a truly world class squad.

ireland are going to strugg ...[text shortened]... nce - 8 points
    2. wales - 8
    3. scotland - 6
    4. england - 4
    5. italy - 4
    6. ireland - 0
    i thought we (Scotland) are quite mince, have we improved? why are England at such odds and evens, is it the management, the players, the contracts, it doesn't make sense?
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 03:46
    Wales with a successful season behind them will have the belief in their squad and their coach. That puts them in as favourites. All the French clubs seem in disarray with a destructive season of failed foreign imports in their club scene.
    Scotland are the sleepers... at times they looked good against the ABs don't right them off. Ireland I believe don't have the individual flare.. O'Gara and O'Driscoll have have had their day.
    England could win.... the toss!!!
    My guess is Wales all the way.
    Hearts with England though Good Luck.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 05:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i thought we (Scotland) are quite mince, have we improved? why are England at such odds and evens, is it the management, the players, the contracts, it doesn't make sense?
    i think scotland are a steady team now, they looked good in patches in the autumn internationals. england are pants, it's as simple as that. they lack everything needed to be a decent team. and i rate them above ireland this year.
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 06:581 edit
    i think scotland are a steady team now, they looked good in patches in the autumn internationals. england are pants, it's as simple as that. they lack everything needed to be a decent team. and i rate them above ireland this year.
    So you rate Ireland "under pants or jocks" hmmmm
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 07:18
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    So you rate Ireland "under pants or jocks" hmmmm
    ireland are balls 😀
  7. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 07:51
    irish wont come last....i think ireland are still a team to look out for.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 23:052 edits
    i am actually glad we have not fielded Chris Paterson, he may have scored a lot of points, but i have never really liked him, he cant handle the ball nor run with it in hand!
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 10:56
    starts this week.

ireland are going to strugg ...[text shortened]... nce - 8 points
    2. wales - 8
    3. scotland - 6
    4. england - 4
    5. italy - 4
    6. ireland - 0
    The Irish have an interesting side out this time round -- I definitely wouldn't write them off. Wallace at 12 could signal a big change in their style of play... and BOD isn't completely past it -- he still shows those touches of game-winning flair every now and then.

On top of that, I have no idea what to expect from this French side. Lievremont seems to be playing his 'names out of a hat' trick again... it'll either be glorious or atrocious.

England have been awful, but they'll still beat Italy. I'm really interrested to see how Bergamasco goes at 9. I think he'll struggle around the scrum, with the experienced Ellis causing his a lot of problems there (and I'm not expecting an outstanding kicking game!), but defensively off set pieces and in the tight he could be a big bonus for Italy.

Wales are flying high, but Murrayfield is not an easy place to start. The scottish selection speaks of their intent: to grind Wales out of the game -- but they do still have the players out there to compete if it gets messy and open. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

So my picks for today are:

England by 20

Ireland by 7

Scotland by 6

Whatever happens, I'm bloody looking forward to it!
  10. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 18:27
    Originally posted by HumeA
    [bEngland have been awful, but they'll still beat Italy. I'm really interrested to see how Bergamasco goes at 9. I think he'll struggle around the scrum, with the experienced Ellis causing his a lot of problems there (and I'm not expecting an outstanding kicking game!), but defensively off set pieces and in the tight he could be a big bonus for Italy.[/b]
    I saw bits and pieces of the England-Italy game and it was absolutely dreadful rugby. England were less awful and Bergamasco was a disaster. England 36-11.

Now watching Ireland - France which is much better.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 20:12
    delcan kidney IS god.

that was one of the best rugby game i've EVER seen 😀

the ref was totally bias towards ireland but i don't care. it's about time we beat france.

france were awesome in the first half, if that was in paris we wouldn't have had a chance.

tommy bowe played his best game in an irish shirt by far, should have been man of the match.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 20:26
    delcan kidney IS god.

that was one of the best rugby game i've EVER seen 😀

the ref was totally bias towards ireland but i don't care. it's about time we beat france.

france were awesome in the first half, if that was in paris we wouldn't have had a chance.

tommy bowe played his best game in an irish shirt by far, should have been man of the match.
    France looked unbelievable in the first 25 minutes, with the pace of their game. They couldn't sustain that pace for the whole game, and Ireland absorbed some huge pressure.

I was surprised by the number of French handling errors, but Ireland deserved the win.

I'm not so sure about the biased ref. France's try should have been a penalty to Ireland, because somebody dived in off his feet on O'Driscoll, I think.

Great game alright. Chabal's run on the left in the second half was great. Rob Kearney was probably my man of the match.

Looks like you'll have to revise your final table prediction a tad.

D
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 20:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    France looked unbelievable in the first 25 minutes, with the pace of their game. They couldn't sustain that pace for the whole game, and Ireland absorbed some huge pressure.

I was surprised by the number of French handling errors, but Ireland deserved the win.

I'm not so sure about the biased ref. France's try should have been a penalty to Ireland, ...[text shortened]... of the match.

Looks like you'll have to revise your final table prediction a tad.

D
    it's well known that owens is the most home biased 6 nations ref there is, and he didn't disappoint tonight. some of his decision in the ruck in the first half was unbelievable. i know what france will be bitching about tonight, their play deserved a 7 point lead at half time imo and who knows what happens after that.

for the first time in years the irish players actually looked like they thought they could beat france, 2 years ago they look scared going in front.

which try? both looked ok to me. didn't hear any complains from any of the irish players either. their first try was a french masterclass. second just took advantage of best's pace, or the lack of it.

kearney was great but that's what's expected of him now, he's been doing that all year. bowe has taken a lot of stick from the irish press after going to wales, especially here in the north. thought he deserved it.

i never thought that would be the final table, every year apart from last year i firmly believed ireland could win the grand slam and the 6 nations, this year looking at the other teams and the fact that we have the best irish coach ever at ireland (finally) i didn't want to say it but i was quietly confident of them playing well. saying that, i did expect france to come over here and do what france do best.

here's no reason why we can't beat england, scotland and italy but wales away will be very tough.

it we don't go and beat italy by 20+ point next week, tonight was almost a waste of time.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 21:59
    it's well known that owens is the most home biased 6 nations ref there is, and he didn't disappoint tonight. some of his decision in the ruck in the first half was unbelievable. i know what france will be bitching about tonight, their play deserved a 7 point lead at half time imo and who knows what happens after that.

for the first time in years the irish ...[text shortened]... e don't go and beat italy by 20+ point next week, tonight was almost a waste of time.
    Have no fear my learned friends, Wales come to Murryfield tomorrow, our Celtic cousins have provided the inspiration, we will naturally treat them with respect, but its a daunting crowd to face, hopefully they will not treat us with impunity! i cannae wait!
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 22:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Have no fear my learned friends, Wales come to Murryfield tomorrow, our Celtic cousins have provided the inspiration, we will naturally treat them with respect, but its a daunting crowd to face, hopefully they will not treat us with impunity! i cannae wait!
    it would really blow the championship wide open if scotland can win tomorrow, i don't see it happening but i'll be hoping for a scotland win. the crowed might be key if they are to get anything from the game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree