1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 20:23
    Let's point and laugh at the Dolphins. Don Shula wants an asterisk next to MY PATRIOTS if they go 19-0 for cheating.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21655235/

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it,"

Well, DON...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Shula

Miami Dolphins

[edit] 1970-1973

After the 1969 season, Joe Robbie, owner of the Miami Dolphins, signed Shula to a contract to become Miami's second head coach. As a result of Shula's signing the team was charged with tampering by the NFL, which forced the Dolphins to give their first round pick to the Colts.

Hey Don, there won't be an asterisk next to the Dolphin's 0-16 season... so sleep well.

LOSER!

P-
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 21:04
    cheating doesn't taint their accomplishments?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 21:37
    Originally posted by leepound
    cheating doesn't taint their accomplishments?
    Is there an asterisk next to the 72 dolphins who were busted for tampering?

IS THERE?!

Also, everyone seems to think this is an isolated thing that only the Pats did... it's not. Just last year the Pats asked the Jet's camera man to move from where he was.

Jets decided to go a step further and called in the NFL league. Carma is taking care of the jets for being little hypocritical snitches... as you can see from their record.

You can't attribute everything the Pats are doing to cheating, you're foolish of you do. Most every team steals signs, and that's not making any of them the dominant team that NE is.

P-
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 21:42
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Let's point and laugh at the Dolphins. Don Shula wants an asterisk next to MY PATRIOTS if they go 19-0 for cheating.

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it,"

Well, DON...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don ...[text shortened]... n't be an asterisk next to the Dolphin's 0-16 season... so sleep well.

LOSER!

P-
    You are calling Don Shula a loser?

Man, you have some misdirected annymosity
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 21:45
    Listening to you defend the patriots is like listening to Bonds claim he is the fall guy for performance enhancing drugs. The argument is the same and it is simple:

There was cheating
    You were caught
    It taints ALL of your accomplishments.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 22:02
    Originally posted by leepound
    Listening to you defend the patriots is like listening to Bonds claim he is the fall guy for performance enhancing drugs. The argument is the same and it is simple:

There was cheating
    You were caught
    It taints ALL of your accomplishments.
    So you believe the 72 Dolphin's accomplishments are tainted too... right?

Bonds was NEVER caught cheating... news update for you.

P-
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 22:02
    Originally posted by uzless
    You are calling Don Shula a loser?

Man, you have some misdirected annymosity
    I sure did! HOW DARE HE QUESTION THE GREAT HOODIE!

P-
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 22:20
    It seems obivous to me that they will have to asterisk the season if the pats should go undefeated.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 22:25
    Bonds was never caught cheating?
    (1) his head size grew
    (2) his body type changed
    (3) he was indicted
    (4) Sheffield admits he got steriods from him
    (5) his homerun output doubled at a time when traditional home runs decrease
    (6) it is all documented in a book written by award winning journalists
    (7) his buddy is in jail because he refuse to testify truthfully about his dealings with Bonds

I am not sure what proof means to you. But at any rate, the Patriots were "convicted" of cheating and whether you like it or not cheating taints their accomplishments.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    It seems obivous to me that they will have to asterisk the season if the pats should go undefeated.
    How dare the hypocritical cheats 'New England Partiots' so viciously attack the holy choir boys of the NFL, The 'Indianapolis Colts' of playing electronically enhanced crowd noise. When a sports network accidentally sent out feedback on the air that never made it in the stadium. What a bunch of cry babies. The Cowboys are going to kick the * out of the Pats for picking on the Colts. No Cowboy is going to stand back and watch a horse get abused by a thug in a hoodie.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095903
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 23:37
    WHY?

They did 'the crime' and they did "the time". They never even got to see the footage, it was confiscated before the Pats ever saw it.

Listen, you're being foolish.

*shakes head in disgust!

P-
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    06 Nov '07 23:43
    WHY?

P-
    Because they cheated. You have to differentiate the record somehow from the Dolphins fantabulous accomplishment which was done without the aid of illegal wiretapping.

Didn't Nixon get in trouble for that?

Patriotgate...that's what we should call it!
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 02:11
    Oh come on. They got caught in the 1st quarter of the 1st game. Are you saying that getting caught with a vidoetape of the Jets defensive signals in the 1st quarter of week one would somehow illegitimize an undefeated season. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 02:13
    Because they cheated. You have to differentiate the record somehow from the Dolphins fantabulous accomplishment which was done without the aid of illegal wiretapping.

Didn't Nixon get in trouble for that?

Patriotgate...that's what we should call it!
    Now you're accusing the Patriots of illegal wiretapping and comparing them to Nixon. Nice! Get out much?
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 02:291 edit

Well, DON...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don n't be an asterisk next to the Dolphin's 0-16 season... so sleep well.

LOSER!

P-
    This article says the Dolphins were charged with tampering for signing Shula after the '69 season. Forgive me, but where does it say the fins were cheating in '72?

Now really, I didn't see you as someone this desparate Phabladibitt 😕

You know my Grandmother wrote a bad check in 1952. That MUST mean I'm a thief!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree