Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    05 Feb '07 19:36
    I slept throught the entire SuperBowl. Yep. I had a scotch and curled up with my dog to watch the PuppyBowl and slept the entire game away.

Turns out I didn't miss much.
  2. 05 Feb '07 19:38
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I slept throught the entire SuperBowl. Yep. I had a scotch and curled up with my dog to watch the PuppyBowl and slept the entire game away.

Prince was pretty good.
  3. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    05 Feb '07 19:40
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Prince was pretty good.
    I've never been a big fan of his. Lots of people like his music and when you hear people in his industry speak of him they all seem to like and respect him.
  4. 05 Feb '07 19:56
    I've never been a big fan of his. Lots of people like his music and when you hear people in his industry speak of him they all seem to like and respect him.
    That's 'cause he can shred with the best of them while wearing lifts the whole time. Lol.
  5. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    05 Feb '07 20:02
    That's 'cause he can shred with the best of them while wearing lifts the whole time. Lol.
    Yeah, that little SOB can flat wring a guitars neck can't he?

6. 05 Feb '07 22:20

dont agree Frankbaby..... what a great kick-off return to start the game. I enjoyed the first qtr.

There was some good running plays as well in the game and some great FGs!
  7. 06 Feb '07 00:38
    Prince was pretty good.
    I thought he was singing but not playing guitar.
  8. Standard member Chessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    06 Feb '07 01:11
    Originally posted by clive59
    I thought he was singing but not playing guitar.
    Playing electric guitar in the rain would have made for an electrifying performance.......
  9. 06 Feb '07 01:50
    Originally posted by Chessplaya548
    Playing electric guitar in the rain would have made for an electrifying performance.......
    not necessarily .. if he were wireless (which I'm sure he was) there's only battery power floating around on the guitar. BUT it rasies a good point - I've gotten a jolt from an improperly grounded mic before; one wonders if anything was live on stage?!?
  10. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    06 Feb '07 03:41
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    dont agree Frankbaby..... what a great kick-off return to start the game. I enjoyed the first qtr.

There was some good running plays as well in the game and some great FGs!
    Yeah when I read about that I thought it did get the game off to a helluva start. That was pretty exciting I must admit.
  11. 06 Feb '07 12:02 / 1 edit
    Yeah when I read about that I thought it did get the game off to a helluva start. That was pretty exciting I must admit.
    i have to say that over the last 10 years the Super bowl had been a bit disapointing except for the odd game here and there.

The play-offs and championship games seems more competitive to me then the 'final'.
  12. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    06 Feb '07 12:23
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    i have to say that over the last 10 years the Super bowl had been a bit disapointing except for the odd game here and there.

The play-offs and championship games seems more competitive to me then the 'final'.
    I think I agree. The adventure is getting there. Once the Bowl is to be played it kind of loses the excitement.
  13. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    06 Feb '07 13:42
    It was a great superbowl. Sloppy, but good. 8 turnovers, twice, back to back....Kick Return, neveer knew what to expect. Half time stunk, bunch of screaming, but pretty good.
  14. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    06 Feb '07 14:02

The puppybowl was ok, but the Bissel Kitty halftime show was terrible
  15. 06 Feb '07 14:47
    Originally posted by clive59
    not necessarily .. if he were wireless (which I'm sure he was) there's only battery power floating around on the guitar. BUT it rasies a good point - I've gotten a jolt from an improperly grounded mic before; one wonders if anything was live on stage?!?
    Really? I think it was pretty obvious from watching his fingerwork and from his scratching that he was playing live. He got some pretty amazing tones out of those guitars.