1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 19:10
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I'd bet that Lowell will end up on the Yankees and A-Rod on the Sox.
    How much?
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 21:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How much?
    What odds are you giving?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:11
    Originally posted by Red Night
    What odds are you giving?
    RN: I'd bet that Lowell will end up on the Yankees and A-Rod on the Sox.

Put up or shut up; no odds.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:35
    Is Lowell a UFA?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:42
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is Lowell a UFA?
    He hasn't declared yet; the Sux still have until November 13 to lock him up.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:43
    RN: I'd bet that Lowell will end up on the Yankees and A-Rod on the Sox.

Put up or shut up; no odds.
    And both teams end up in the playoffs again unless an injury free year from the Jays happens.
  7. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:44
    Do you think A-rod wants to play SS? If the Red Sox go after A-rod, will they try to place him at third, or will they move Lugo and put A-rod at SS? Can Lugo play third? Who else can play third for the Red Sox?

IRNG 7
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:56
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Do you think A-rod wants to play SS? If the Red Sox go after A-rod, will they try to place him at third, or will they move Lugo and put A-rod at SS? Can Lugo play third? Who else can play third for the Red Sox?

IRNG 7
    The MVP of the World Series.
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 15:07
    The MVP of the World Series.
    Well, besides Lowell, of course. I heard that Epstein/Sox don't want to re-sign players past the age of 34, so they were only willing to give Lowell a two-year contract. That's why I was thinking that Lowell might go to the Yankees. The Yankees don't seem to mind going after older players, and they'd give Lowell a longer contract (4-5 years) which would be very attractive to Lowell. The Yankees would love to steal him away from the Sox.

If that were to happen, and A-rod agreed to play for the Sox but only if he could go back to SS (does he really care? I don't know) who do you think the Sox would move to third in order to entice A-rod to the team?

IRNG 13
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Well, besides Lowell, of course. I heard that Epstein/Sox don't want to re-sign players past the age of 34, so they were only willing to give Lowell a two-year contract. That's why I was thinking that Lowell might go to the Yankees. The Yankees don't seem to mind going after older players, and they'd give Lowell a longer contract (4-5 years) which would you think the Sox would move to third in order to entice A-rod to the team?

IRNG 13
    Sure the Yankees would love to get Lowell since they were stupid enough to play chicken with A-Rod and Boras but I think the Sox are going to re-sign him.

I haven't heard anything from A-Rod or the rumor mill saying he wants to return to SS. In the unlikely event that Red Night is right and A-Rod goes to the Sox and Lowell leaves, I don't see what sense it would make for A-Rod to bump Lugo out of SS and create a hole at 3B. Youklis can play third, but then you need a first basemen (though they're easier to find).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree