1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 01:20
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Obviously the fact that the results were supposed to be anonymous had a lot to do with the cooperation they received in the testing. No one really counted on a Federal subponea allowing them to seize the records before they could be destroyed. Now the memories of many of the players are getting clearer now that the evidence is shown to exist. What still ...[text shortened]... s who should be punished at all are those who used the stuff after it became a banned substance.
    True, MLB didn't test. But there is the illegality of how they obtained it.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 03:55
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    [The tests will be anonymous and no one will be punished.
    Oh, well then this changes everything!! 😕
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 10:49
    I don't know who the dude is, but here is a video of him confessing to some more nasty things: YouTube
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 12:27
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I am a Yankee fan but it is quite absurd to say you would honor someone by putting them in the Hall of Fame when you caught them cheating.
    Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Willie McCovey, Reggie Jackson....the list goes on...
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 12:49
    Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Willie McCovey, Reggie Jackson....the list goes on...
    He went to U of Miami, and they just named their new stadium after him! He did donate 4 million for it, so it's appropriate, but now they're pretty up in arms about it!!!
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 12:52
    Originally posted by badmoon
    True, MLB didn't test. But there is the illegality of how they obtained it.
    Have you ever heard of DMSO (dimetholsulfoxide I think is the compound)? This was a wonderdrug in the 60's and 70's. It is high grade horse linament. MANY pro players and collegiate players, including myself, used the stuff. It was not a bad drug that did horrible things to you, but the FDA would not approve it so it could be obtained for human use over the counter. You could walk into a tack store and buy it all day long to use on your horse though. It is alos a primary ingredient in many industrial floor cleaners which were obtainable. Dumb. The horse linament was pure enough to use, but you had to be careful of the floor cleaner because of the added chemicals that were in it that you didn't want in your body. Why wouldn't the FDA approve it? Because one of the things that was unique about this drug was, in liquid form, it would flow from your skin directly into the bloodstream. That was deemed bad for two reasons. One, if you applied the stuff and it hit your clothing, it would suck the dye out of the clothing and take it straight into the bloodstream and it could kill you. That is why we always applied it without any clothing on in the area being treated. The second reason, and I think the primary one why the FDA would not approve it, was that drug users could place powdered cocaine, heroin, or other drugs on their skin, apply DMSO and it would take the drugs directly into the bloodstream for a fix, without leaving any track marks.

Now, you may ask, what was so great about this drug compound? It had an extremely fast healing rate for injured muscle tissue that has not been seen in anything else. When a pitcher was throwing every 4th day, as it used to be, many pitchers developed "dead arm" anywhere from half to 2/3 of the way through the season. This condition was caused by the constant tearing of muscle tissue and the bleeding in the arm after pitching, and not allowing enough time for the healing to occur. DMSO, would alleviate the pain and speed the healing process. Hell I saw a sprinter pull a muscle in a race on Friday, the trainers bathed the muscle for 12 hours in DMSO, and the guy ran a race on Saturday, without any ill effects from the pull. Daryle Lamonica would have had his career ended 5 years ealier without DMSO. The drug in itself isn't dangerous, but it is what the drug can help you do that is what they were defending against.

Was using DMSO illegal?....NO. Was having DMSO for human use without a perscription illegal?....yes. Was having DMSO for use on your horse illegal?....NO. Was having DMSO for use on your floors illegal?...NO.

Most of you have probably never even heard of the stuff. This stuff wasn't a steroid. It wasn't a growth hormone. It was a healing agent that would allow you to perform when you otherwise would have been unable to due to the pain.
  7. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 00:51
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    He went to U of Miami, and they just named their new stadium after him! He did donate 4 million for it, so it's appropriate, but now they're pretty up in arms about it!!!
    I'm sure they wiil get over it like everthing else. In two weeks this story will be over.
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 19:18
    The list of what goes on? None of these guys enahnced their body to perform their accomplishments. In fact many of them did not even take care of themselves adequately.
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 16:07
    Have you ever heard of DMSO (dimetholsulfoxide I think is the compound)? This was a wonderdrug in the 60's and 70's. It is high grade horse linament. MANY pro players and collegiate players, including myself, used the stuff. It was not a bad drug that did horrible things to you, but the FDA would not approve it so it could be obtained for human use over ...[text shortened]... ould allow you to perform when you otherwise would have been unable to due to the pain.
    Interesting. Hadn't heard of that one.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 06:55
    Originally posted by quackquack
    The list of what goes on? None of these guys enahnced their body to perform their accomplishments. In fact many of them did not even take care of themselves adequately.
    They all broke rules of MLB standards in one form or another such as tax evasion, working with/for known gambling groups, using illegal substances on the baseball during the game, defacing baseballs during the game, not to mention moral issues of boozing it up, sex scandals. Check it out and you will understand. This is a joke that they are getting sanctimonious over this. Hell, the very reporters who salivate like dogs to get the story regularly perpetrate lies or pay off individuals for the "scoop" stories or "insider information. Aside from being unethical, it makes them equally unreliable as sources.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 16:59
    http://www.weei.com/

A-Roid will be talking at 1:30pm Eastern, about an hour and a half from now.

Click Listen Live near top right.

P-
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 18:52
    He's coming on now.

P-
  13. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 22:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He's coming on now.

P-
    You be nice to him. HEAR ME
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 22:36
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    You be nice to him. HEAR ME
    'I'm not sure they really did anything'
    "So why did you take them about 36 times over 3 years, as you claim"?
    'Um....'

'I didn't really know they were illegal'
    "So why were you afraid to ask anyone how to take them properly"?
    'Um...'
  15. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 22:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    'I'm not sure they really did anything'
    "So why did you take them about 36 times over 3 years, as you claim"?
    'Um....'

'I didn't really know they were illegal'
    "So why were you afraid to ask anyone how to take them properly"?
    'Um...'
    Do you really think it matters? This will be a non- story in about 10 days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree