1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 14:59
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Do you really think it matters? This will be a non- story in about 10 days.
    With any luck for him.

Another interesting thing we've now learned about steroids... they don't work in October!

HA!~ Funny stuff!

P-
  2. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 15:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    With any luck for him.

Another interesting thing we've now learned about steroids... they don't work in October!

HA!~ Funny stuff!

P-
    You're spot-on there Aroids, oops I mean steroids do seem to choke in OctoberπŸ˜›
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 14:26
    With any luck for him.

HA!~ Funny stuff!

P-
    I guess only bloody socks work in October, huh? πŸ˜•
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 19:51
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Wipe that silly look off your smiley.

P-
  5. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 22:16
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Good one! Yeah BLOODY SOCKS...HEAR ME?
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 22:23
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Good one! Yeah BLOODY SOCKS...HEAR ME?
    I've never done roids... but I'm getting ROID RAGE from this Bloody Sock Bit!

Stop Immediately!

P-
  7. Piss Off Blvd
    Moves
    19 Feb '09 22:33
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I am a Yankee fan but it is quite absurd to say you would honor someone by putting them in the Hall of Fame when you caught them cheating.
    If it wasn't illegal during the period he took them, how is that cheating? That boggles my mind......
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 02:49
    I've never done roids... but I'm getting ROID RAGE from this Bloody Sock Bit!

Stop Immediately!

P-
    I can tell you and raging....you avatar is turning bloody sock red!! 😳
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 03:00
    Originally posted by YIAMSOMEBODY
    If it wasn't illegal during the period he took them, how is that cheating? That boggles my mind......
    You are dealing with three sets of criteria.

The first set says there was no specific rule against steroids when he "allegedly" injected them. Technically ---no foul

The second set says it was illegal to purchase them under the FDA guidelines, unless prescribed by a physician. Since he had no perscription---major foul, but not technically in baseball, just US Constitutional law.

The third set is the moral majority that includes the writers & media(who of course never break any laws), the HOF committee, the fans, and the commissioner's office who has to answer for the problem. They pronounce guilt in baseball by association with guilt against the US government and their sense of "fair play". In their eyes----major and unforgivable foul.

Just wondering why they don't throw the book at them for DWI convictions, or DUI or drunk and disorderly convictions? They have selectively enforced income tax evasion. They have not prosecuted spousal abuse or child abuse. They haven't gone after those who have extramarital affairs, entertaining with hookers or call girls. They have selectively enforced ties to gambling institutions or known bookmakers. Seems a bit of a double standard if you ask me.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 15:131 edit
    Do your homework.

Though major league players were not tested for anabolic steroids until 2003, the use of steroids for performance enhancement has been implicitly banned by baseball since 1971 and expressly banned since '91.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1151761/index.htm

---------------------------------

Why didn't he consult anyone how to use the drugs?

He knew he was cheating. He claims it a stupid mistake, he knew exactly what he was doing though he never just admitted he cheated.

That's what he did. Cheat.

P-
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:311 edit
    Do your homework.

Though major league players were not tested for anabolic steroids until 2003, the use of steroids for performance enhancement has been implicitly banned by baseball since 1971 and expressly banned since '91.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1151761/index.htm

--------------------------------- t he was doing though he never just admitted he cheated.

That's what he did. Cheat.

P-
    It's been discussed here before, but this statement from the article is incorrect:

the use of steroids for performance enhancement has been implicitly banned by baseball since 1971 and expressly banned since '91.

Vincent's memo never mentioned or claimed that steroid use could "enhance performance". In fact, it was a memo mostly concerned with recreational drugs (esp. cocaine) and claimed illegal drugs would impair performance.

EDIT: From the 2nd paragraph of the Introduction to the Memo:

"Illegal drug use can cause injuries on the field, diminished job performance........."

http://www.steroidsinbaseball.net/assets/memo.pdf
  12. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 14:353 edits
    I'd give him a pass but I can't help but sympathize with those who didn't use them.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 14:55
    if there was no mlb law against steroids at the time he took them he didn't technically do anything wrong but i do think when he enters the hall of fame there should be a little * beside his name.

with a little note
    as displayed below.

further

*took steroids.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 15:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's been discussed here before, but this statement from the article is incorrect:

the use of steroids for [b]performance enhancement
    has been implicitly banned by baseball since 1971 and expressly banned since '91.

Vincent's memo never mentioned or claimed that steroid use could "enhance performance". In fact, it was a memo ...[text shortened]... nished job performance[/b]........."

http://www.steroidsinbaseball.net/assets/memo.pdf[/b]
    A-roid claimed this drug was legal in the Dominican Republic. It has been found it was illegal with or without a doctor's prescription.

The cousin that provided him also roomed with a trainer that MLB decided to ban from all club houses.

He knew he was cheating, though he just won't admit that. He's making excuses filled with lies and inconsistencies.

What do you care anyway, are you not a REDS fan now?~

P-
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Feb '09 15:52
    A-roid claimed this drug was legal in the Dominican Republic. It has been found it was illegal with or without a doctor's prescription.

The cousin that provided him also roomed with a trainer that MLB decided to ban from all club houses.

He knew he was cheating, though he just won't admit that. He's making excuses filled with lies and inconsistencies.

What do you care anyway, are you not a REDS fan now?~

P-
    I don't care except that this steroid hysteria fueled by sports writers jealous of the money guys who actually play sports make could hurt the game in the long run. Seriously, what possible difference does it make if Player X used steroids 5-7 years ago? There's been testing in place since 2003; why are we revisiting this ancient history?

The other post is just to correct the misstatements made over and over and over again that the 1991 memo by Vincent banned steroids because they were adjudged to be performance enhancing. That is simply false as the quoted text from the Memo makes clear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree