1. LA
    Moves
    16 May '07 05:35
    Originally posted by Red Night
    kicking someone when they are down and stamping someone when they are down seems to me a distinction without a difference.
    Rooney is a winner and doesn't let people push him around.

A moderate stamp is letting the player know "don't mess around with me" or I'll see you later after the game (DOES THAT SOUND BETTER MR AUTOBOT MODERATOR).

A kick is usually the kick of a coward.

Big differance.
  2. LA
    Moves
    16 May '07 05:41
    Originally posted by invigorate
    You would be correct with these two prefix's:

Granny shagger Rooney 2003..
    or
    Ugliest footballer Rooney 2006...

Premier League Winners 2007 are Man Utd. Rooney is just asmall cog in a team effort.
    2003 - Everyone has a skeleton in the cupboard.
    2006 - If you're male and you care you have a problem, if you're female you'd be in the sack in 30 seconds given the chance.
    2007 - Watched all Uniteds games this season, Rooney was the best player this season not Ronaldo, Rooney upped his game in the last 8 weeks, Ronaldo (and Drogba) faded away, although Ronaldo did have an amazing season.
  3. LA
    Moves
    16 May '07 06:06
    I don't moan about football (soccer). I love the game and would bet that I played in more competitive matches than you. I laugh at you english thinking that your team is somewhere in the same area code as the great teams like brazil, germany, italy, france, argentina, uruguay, the netherlands, paraguay, etc.

I also laugh at cricket and those who would ...[text shortened]... y countries play basketball. You are kidding yourself if you think it is not a world sport.
    You're posts are always full of contradictions.

So even you Mr Red Night recognise great fooball teams/nations like Brazil, Germany, Italy, France the list goes on and on and you are correct England are not as good as those teams.

We have the potential to be though with a good foreign coach like Wenger and we have the players like Gerrard, Owen, Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole some of the best players in the world in their positions.

England thought have the best league teams like Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, get it?

You also defeat your own argument.
    Name a list of world famous basketball playing nations.
    Nations that pride themselves as having basketball teams that can compete with the best in the world.
    Nations that have live basketball on PPV.
    Nations that have live basketball of free view.
    Errr... Nations that could even bother to watch the playoffs final game.
    I can tell you as a fact, hardly anyone in England could name 3 NBA players that play the game today.
    Probably about 1 in every 1000 people would have heard of the names Nash, Miller or Rodman. Sort of puts it in perspective,, three of the best basketball players ever and noone outside of America has ever heard of them.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 May '07 07:491 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    We have the potential to be though with a good foreign coach like Wenger and we have the players like Gerrard, Owen, Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole some of the best players in the world in their positions.
    Lampard!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha hahaha ha ha

Ow! Stop it. It hurts now
  5. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 12:01
    I don't moan about football (soccer). I love the game and would bet that I played in more competitive matches than you. I laugh at you english thinking that your team is somewhere in the same area code as the great teams like brazil, germany, italy, france, argentina, uruguay, the netherlands, paraguay, etc.

I also laugh at cricket and those who would ...[text shortened]... y countries play basketball. You are kidding yourself if you think it is not a world sport.
    You are correct the English press especially over rate England as a team. England viewed getting into the top 8 teams in the world as an abject failure, we should be more realistic.

But not in the same area code as Paraguay and Urguay??????????????? I think that again you show your ignorance. The other teams you have a point, although the Dutch are often beatable because they spend all their time moaning about each other.

Again as I have said before, I agree with you about cricket and so the quote that you CONTINUALLY post about Bradman is really not much of a boast.

Again you miss the point about Basketball. I object to the way you make out that Basketball is in the same class as football in terms of a world sport. You are so wrong it is scary they allow you near a computer.

Again you ignore my challenge to post viewing figures comparable to the 5.9 BILLION who watched the world cup.

Also I dispute your claim to have played more football matches than me. Now I am hopelessly slow and past it but still play twice most weeks. Although I am reduced to kicking players more than the ball these days.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:20
    Rooney is a winner and doesn't let people push him around.

A moderate stamp is letting the player know "don't mess around with me" or I'll see you later after the game (DOES THAT SOUND BETTER MR AUTOBOT MODERATOR).

A kick is usually the kick of a coward.

Big differance.
    You are delusional
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:28

Nations that pride themselves as having basketball teams that can compete with the best in the world.

Nash, Miller or Rodman. .
    Argentina, Croatia, Spain, USA, Germany, Greece, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Lithania, Slovenia, Yugoslavia, Italy, France, China, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Nigeria..just to name a few.

nash, miller, and rodman???? (which miller are your talking about, Reggie?) Listing those three names just shows your ignorance.

When you talk about the world's most recognized sports figures of all time, three names come to mind: Pele, Michael Jordan, and Arnold Palmer.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:331 edit
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    You are correct the English press especially over rate England as a team. England viewed getting into the top 8 teams in the world as an abject failure, we should be more realistic.

But not in the same area code as Paraguay and Urguay??????????????? I think that again you show your ignorance. The other teams you have a point, although the Dutch are ...[text shortened]... l play twice most weeks. Although I am reduced to kicking players more than the ball these days.
    I said competetive matches. I played four seasons in high school and four more in college. How many teams did you play for? Not sunday afternoon pick up, although I have played in those as well.

I never said that basketball was as big as football. I said that Basketball was the only other team sport played on a professional level worldwide. It is clearly number 2 to soccer, but way ahead of baseball, hockey, and the quaint competition sports like hurling, rugby, cricket, curling, etc.

I also said that the USA would win a world cup before England won another. That statement will prove true.
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:43
    I said that Basketball was the only other team sport played on a professional level worldwide.
    Water Polo?
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:43
    When you talk about the world's most recognized sports figures of all time, three names come to mind: Pele, Michael Jordan, and Arnold Palmer.
    Very subjective.
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:50
    Originally posted by rhb
    Very subjective.
    I think those are three pretty good names, but it occurs to me that I left one off...Ali.
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 May '07 16:51
    Originally posted by rhb
    Water Polo?
    LOL
  13. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 17:13
    Argentina, Croatia, Spain, USA, Germany, Greece, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Lithania, Slovenia, Yugoslavia, Italy, France, China, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Nigeria..just to name a few.

nash, miller, and rodman???? (which miller are your talking about, Reggie?) Listing those three names just shows your ignorance.

When you talk about the world's most ...[text shortened]... sports figures of all time, three names come to mind: Pele, Michael Jordan, and Arnold Palmer.
    Pele, Michael Jordan, and Arnold Palmer.[/b]

Your posts get stranger all the time?

Arnold Palmer a world figure ahead of Ali or Maradona???????????

You live in a very strange world?

Its debateable that he gets into the top two golfers.
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    16 May '07 17:31
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Its debateable that he gets into the top two golfers.
    Greg Norman
    Tiger Woods
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 May '07 17:36
    I'd imagine Muhammad Ali and Jack Nicholas would be pretty miffed at not making your list

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree